Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
how's that new Reservoir Dogs game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Help Im Alive posted:

You can ride everything in breath of the wild

I freaked out the stable guy by trying to register the Lord of the Mountain and it was pretty funny.

Now if only you could drift with the boars...

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctiLQQTP4tY

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
L.A. Noire and The Saboteur are both pretty great if you've ever spent a day or three in Los Angeles or Paris respectively, although in a lapse of accuracy only one features a funicular IIRC.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Andrast posted:

BOTW is obviously not going to hit some people as hard others since so much of relies on finding joy in the exploration. If the exploration doesn't grab you then BOTW is not going to be the amazing experience its fans are praising it for.

Personally, BOTW is one my favorite games. It's literally the only open world game ever where I've actually gotten into the exploration just for the sake of it.

I've ignored horses for 90% of my playthrough and barely used fast travel because I just like running around and jumping off poo poo and gathering anything that glints.

Found 119 shrines on my own, still looking for the last one before I finally finish it. It's crazy that I'm still finding new little areas, I missed an entire stable until the last time i picked it up.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

corn in the bible posted:

how bout you can't say skyward sword was good unless you beat it

I beat it and liked it. I've given up expecting Zelda games to make me feel like a kid again and totally blow my mind, and I think that helped. Its flaws (revisiting three main areas three times, the controls, crappy instrument) didn't really get in the way of my enjoyment of everything else. For a series that likes to reuse elements from previous games as much as this one they went all in on making it a celebration of the 25th anniversary with a ton of things reminiscent of specific games, and it's nodded to in an early dialogue bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shibvkpyb8E

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why can't Link pet the dogs

This is the biggest flaw, but at least you can feed them meat.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Macaluso posted:

Glad to see this game still holds up :)

Just noticed the bedspread says heaven, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

The Colonel posted:

anyway, some of the japanese boxart for gba games made really good use of having twice the goddamn size

I bought an import Zero Mission from Play-Asia because it was ten dollars, but the JPN box art was a fringe benefit:

• Locked thread