Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

In my video suggestions for that I found this:

And I don't think I have ever wanted to click on a link on the internet less than this link right here. I wish it would be goatse if I clicked this.

I don't know if anything will ever be less appealing to me than Racist Mario.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Aaaaagh when the hell's La-Mulana 2 :ssj:

Still getting updates, and it's gotten to the point where they're placing assets into the planned positions and they avoid showing too much to avoid spoilers, so at least it seems like it's going alright still.

I don't think there's a set date still, though, so... yeah.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The best final boss is Jumpin' Jack Flash.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mordja posted:

So this is far from scientific, but despite going F2P ("No it's not eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" - Randy Pitchford), Steamcharts shows under 400 people playing Battleborn as of 35 minutes ago. :lol:

I mean, that's way better than the ~100 it's had for the past month. It's up to 874 right now, too, don't call it a comeback!!!

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dewgy posted:

I play most of my computer games on a Mac.

Which, weirdly enough, is one of the best ways to play old DOS games. Boxer is awesome.

Boxer's design is amazing. It gives the games folder a looping background of a wooden shelf so it makes the icons for your games look like they're the actual physical boxes inside of a game case. It's such a dumb little thing but it's great (I haven't used it in a while but I hope it still does that).

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Real hurthling! posted:

Ah gently caress i just saw that new meatboy looking game is a procedural roguelite. Yawn

How procedural is it? Are the levels fully generated or is it like Isaac in that it's just randomly arranging designed rooms around?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Yeah, this sounds like it's all designed.

quote:

The game will include over 600 levels spread across 12 (and possibly more) chapters

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/230700/discussions/0/490123197944264871/

How the hell does one see all the different religious and mythological aspects of La-Mulana and draw this conclusion? :psyduck:

I like how the gate of illusion is obviously the garden of eden except that the garden of eden in LM is a straight-up lie that doesn't exist.

Also "Ellmac seems to be a personification of Exodus itself", because... he runs away really fast?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I find it weird that they couldn't figure out how to make relationship mechanics work in Advance Wars. There's a game in which you literally pair up the COs and the most compatible pairings get unique power names and dialogue.

Also parrying Gwyn is for god danged chumps, he's one of the most satisfying and intense fights in the series if you fight him with no tricks.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
The scanning let you read computers of the evil pirate monsters to find out that enough of them tried to keep pets that a company-wide notification went out saying that pets would be killed on sight; for this, it is wonderful.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

glam rock hamhock posted:

The hat let's you possess like everything in the world. It's insane. Like you throw that hat a goomba and now you're a goomba. Also just a bunch of small ridiculous poo poo like a world full of realistic dinosaurs, mario scaling a tower as 8-bit Mario and Bowser in a tux.

And the villains are a team of evil wedding planners.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Oh poo poo a rare spawn just popped up guys!

It's that guy who used to own Odie but now he's locked up in the basement.

I don't remember his name was it Lyle?

Lyman.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

DLC Inc posted:

recently picked up Thumper for Switch to see what all the fuss is about. goddamn wish I picked this up sooner, what a batshit game. I actually was getting antsy thinking the Final Boss was the end of the game. Then I realized this was just world 1 of 9 and there are still new mechanics being introduced.

Enjoy yourself, it's a rush. :cheers:

Note that it has a weird difficulty curve since the beats per measure of each song's music is determined by the level's number. This means levels 5 and 7 are probably the hardest because of how bizarre the music gets.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

MMF Freeway posted:

Sure, and not to mention the last minute format change with the refunded pre-orders, always online stuff and elusive targets rubbed people the wrong way and I think was the biggest factor in poor steam reviews out the gate. I like new hitman as much as the next guy, but I didn't buy it episodically which I think was the right call. Definitely doesn't strike me as a great example of successful use of the format.

It was, in my opinion, the only successful use of the format. Hitman's levels are extremely replayable and the episodic format encourages players to play one level over and over, while people who get the whole thing can rush through the game and not spend time on challenges and the like. It actually gets something out of being released that way, and I can't think of any other game that was episodic for a good reason (Telltale games are episodic but all that does is make you wait months between each story beat; I don't think it actually adds much).

It being confusing and badly explained was definitely a problem, though. And the initial plan of releasing just two episodes of three levels each probably would've worked much better. That would given launch buyers Sapienza, the best level in the series.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 16, 2017

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Dad

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
We're getting release information and more gameplay footage of Cook Serve Delicious 2 tomorrow aaaaagh I'm so excited :woop:

Holy moly now there's a love of mine I've completely forgotten about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Please sign my petition to get Nintendo to acquire the rights to use a sound clip of Mike Stoklasa to play whenever a user presses the "Oh." rating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOiE0LCu6J0

• Locked thread