Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

No they're not.

every AC takes place in the present and yet you're going backwards in time...................PREQUEL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

Golden Sun was bad

Golden Sun is absolutely horrendous and it never fails to surprise(?) me when every few months there's a neogaf thread about "Golden Sun: a masterpiece"

quite possibly the worst loving RPG story ever created, with some of the most braindead "puzzles" I've ever played

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

XCX completely deserved the fate of releasing on a slowly dying console. At least WiiU getting shot behind the shed perhaps spared people from playing that poo poo.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

I only ever completed that game once, I was super annoyed because I saved at a point that was a point of no return so I could only fight the final boss and complete the game or I could just restart the game if I wanted to try to complete it 100%. I don't remember anything about that game outside of the cool battle music though and that it was neat to be able to use your skills to manipulate parts of the environment. I always hear people complain about the amount of text, but what about the story itself and the puzzles were bad? I mean, like I said, I don't remember much so if you could fill me in that'd be cool :D

Every single character is an exposition dumpster and nearly every part of the story is filled with moronic plotholes either due to bad writing or inconsistencies juxtaposed with the actual powers the game introduces. It happens constantly and by the end, the story pulls the worst poo poo ever by telling you that the bad guys are actually good and you've wasted your loving time doing all this menial work.

Idk what about the puzzles or using your powers was neat, personally. It amounted to pushing loving rocks or pulling a thing 100 times over the course of the game. You have telekinetic powers and every puzzle amounts to pushing or pulling a thing. That's literally it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Someone in a previous chat thread posted about how it was "truly the best jrpg of all time" or something like that in this very year. Or maybe it was a chat thread on a different forum. Like, I can totally understand having nostalgia for it if you played it as a kid, but man is that not a good game.

The absolute worst sin of the game is how the already incredibly slow and over-expositing dialogue is constantly interrupted by emoticons that take like 3 entire seconds to pop up.

I can understand how other people like games I don't like all the time but man, Golden Sun was truly extraordinary.I can't imagine playing a 30 to 40 hour JRPG with a poo poo-tier story, it's mainly why I couldn't finish a few FF games and XCX, and Golden Sun as a series deserves some kind of anti-Oscar for the script

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if you truly wish to relive the horror of Golden Sun and go beyond whenever you gave up on it, I strongly recommend the Let's Play of it, which is a fascinating travesty:

https://lparchive.org/Golden-Sun/

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Healbot posted:

I wish the people behind Golden Sun instead continued making Mario Tennis.

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

"God I wish I wasn't so friendless" - a guy who keeps acting like an rear end lol

it blows my mind that he could afford to do ANYTHING, but chooses to sit alone all day being a tremendous rear end in a top hat on twitter. it's like, how, why?

I remember that thread about when he had his depressing meltdown . dude is just miserable as gently caress.

I'd do something neat with all that money instead, like buy konami's IPs and go wild with bloody roar, MGS, castlevania, silent hill

• Locked thread