Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

CJacobs posted:

This one is still hilarious. Hey guys let's stop playing actual basketball like we came here to do, joey and mike brought their Nintendo(tm) Switches

It was the other team's turn to use the court.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Good news, you can play the game in HD on a Vita

544p isn't HD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

codenameFANGIO posted:

I don't know why people make a point of saying the Nintendo store interface is bad when the PS4 store interface is literally the worst console storefront I have ever seen and I have to just ignore it in favor of the website.

The letter by letter search is the most baffling design.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Raxivace posted:

What happens is that they're both playing the same MMO without realizing it, and end up partying with each other in the game without realizing who the other is. She ends up with a crush on him until she realizes he's her stepbrother, and both are freaked out afterwards.

If I were to be extremely generous I'd say its a comment on internet anonymity and the dangers of it- the sister character is even set up as a foil to the heroine of the first arc who is noted as being unusual in actually using her real name in an online game. Even with that all in mind I don't think its executed well at all.

Like its basically a bad riff on the movie The Shop Around the Corner.

Uhh, no, she is very much in love with her brother. The accidentally partnering up with someone that ends up being her brother is true, but the creepy incest angle is not a wacky misunderstanding.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The White Dragon posted:

i never liked david lynch and i dislike him even more now

I thought the worst opinion on this page was "poutine is not only edible food, but very good" until this post.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Real hurthling! posted:

Everything good in human history came from sharing and synthesis but now thats not cool or you'll get hate on twitter

It used to be called cultural diffusion but now it's appropriation

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The traditional Italian pasta that came from China

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Pshuuuu

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lurdiak posted:

Coke has repeatedly won false advertising lawsuits by arguing that only an idiot would believe an ad.

Except they lost that one.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FirstAidKite posted:

What do you mean?

Don't respond in earnest to a silly oddium post, that's how she absorbs people's essence!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It's an ARG because that's the sound everyone made when they saw the center of the Galaxy

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

an actual dog posted:

it's cool to care about things

Agreed but NMS didn't have enough content to qualify as a "thing".

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Microsoft is strongly hinting that the Scorpio is going to release for $399. That'll put some pressure on Sony to drop the Pro's price.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Real hurthling! posted:

Afaik that is just the editor of windows central's opinion. Unless youve seen a new souce in the last day or two.

Other rumors came out this week calling 499 the upper limit that ms is willing to price it at.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/7/15754260/microsoft-xbox-e3-project-scorpio-teaser-trailers

Microsoft has been posting little teaser things and one is a url that leads to this image:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Mak0rz posted:

I picked up Dust: An Elysian Tale again and the annoying voice acting isn't bothering me as much as it used to. The simplified world map actually kind of gets in the way at times. It also suffers from the ol "art over function" kind of problem where the fancy graphics kind of get distracting and makes the platforming difficult at times.

Gameplay is still pretty solid though.

I hated that game.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Is anyone else having an issue where clicking the Go To Newpost thing on the topic list frequently just does nothing? Like the tab will think it's started loading something now but it will eventually just end on an unchanged topic list.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Adam West died :(

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p51wHlWY1uM&feature=youtu.be Well that came out of nowhere

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Whoops

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Bethesda has Woflenstein II so they're already a lock for having a good conference.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Sony's conference was pretty bad, all told.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

glam rock hamhock posted:

What I'm saying is in terms of E3 press conferences and what bad has come to mean in terms of E3, it was fine.

Structurally it was fine, but conferences are judged mostly on the games and they just had little to show this year. It happens to every company, and it's very far from the worst they've ever had.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/11/rumour_leading_japanese_game_company_kidnapped_devs_sister_to_stop_them_from_working_with_nintendo

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

KingSlime posted:

everyone before you get excited please keep this in mind

it comes courtesy of the fuckers who made that awful 2.5d CV game on 3DS

I mean, you can see the gameplay right now. Judge it on that and not the dev's past. MoF never looked good and that certainly didn't have Nintendo overseeing development.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

an actual dog posted:

It's honestly really interesting that Michel Ancel just randomly lied about that. There's a lot that's very weird about BG&E2 right now and I'm dying to know what the actual state of the game is.

The dude just wanted to surprise people.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/bravemule/status/875094417828450305

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/875423986091384832

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Imagine being so unfunny that you were fined 100K dollars

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/15/15806452/devolver-loses-100k-on-banned-e3-festival

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I believe so.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That's a pretty neat figure, Skylander or not.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

MysticalMachineGun posted:

That's not what happened? They lost 100 grand trying to book more space near E3.

No poo poo

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Real hurthling! posted:

Lol at getting literally railroaded through the final 3rd of ffxv

That game is so unfinished (and yet better than 8 and 13)

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That game ruled.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

raditts posted:

What am I missing on Dad of War that doesn't make it look like every boring rear end third person action game from the last 10 years

They took the only good thing from the series post the first game (the fast, frantic combat) and replaced it with boring, slow, methodical combat.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Is it time to post our cats because I'm down for that.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lurdiak posted:

Why would you put that on youtube instead of releasing a patch for the rom.

Because first amendment rights and Fair Use under Educational reasoning, apparently. At least that's what the dude that uploaded them (and didn't keep a local copy) seems to think is true.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Really Pants posted:

50 Cent Blood on the Sand sequel lookin good

It's a prequel, the origin of the jewel encrusted skull.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Captain Invictus posted:

which megaman game has the best soundtrack

I'm sayin' the first Megaman X

Yup. Storm Eagle stage.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

To elaborate further, the Japanese names were corruptions instead of being on the nose. So instead of Flame Mammoth, it would be something like the Japanese equivalent of Flammoth (not the actual one but you get the idea). Boomer Kuwanger went unchanged from Japan to English because...I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I don't trust people that wear beige suits.

• Locked thread