Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Cowcaster posted:

good news everyone i'm chilling with my folks for the 4th of july so my internet is limited to phone wifi! have a good weekend off from me making GBS threads all over everything except hotline miami and doom 2016

Why, I support both those things

Still can't believe you were an admin sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Wandle Cax posted:

I played it for about 20 mins once but had to give up. Dated unplayable relic.

I played Metal Gear Solid 1 for the first time 4 months ago and it was a masterpiece. Play video games better. 😑

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Like loving lmao if you can't adapt to an old video game. This poo poo is like 30 years old at most you can figure it out lol come on

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Serf posted:

MGS2 was probably the most prophetic and relevant Metal Gear game and I will always love it for that despite the fact that snake eater is the best.

I played MGS around the time the president man was talking about how lame the START Theory was and it was like "playing his video game makes me more qualified than the president to discuss this thing" and that was a very weird feeling

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Snak posted:

What is "START theory"?

Edit: ^ 2 is amazing, but it's more amazing if you've played 1. That's why I was lamenting how inconvenient it is to play 1 nowadays.

It is a treaty between Russia and the USA regarding nuclear disarmament and Hideo Kojima finds this so important a thing that there is a character in MGS1 who lectures you about it the whole game. I played this around the time it was a news item that the president just learned it existed and hated it. It has nothing to do with why Metal Gear Solid is one of the greatest games ever made but it was definitely distracting at the time

The lesson is play video games and ignore politics even if the game is basically about politics

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Serf posted:

if i had to guess, i think they mean the START treaty, which is about reducing the nuclear stockpiles of the united states and the former soviet union

This is correct and I did not mean to use the word "theory"

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

The only reason i haven't gotten to MGS 2 yet is because I bought VR Missions because 1 is just ... a perfect game. It is Resident Evil 4 levels of perfect game.

VR Missions is not a perfect game but I need to destroy it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

In Training posted:

He's working on death stranding

I want to hang out with Norman Reedus and Hideo Kojima.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Snak posted:

Do I need to to beat the game, or just if I want lots of toys?

You always need to beat the game. You need to decide what that takes is all. :colbert:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Here's an example I just made of how the game's physics are screwed up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGB0wfUHv0I

In the original you've got more than enough leeway to clear these boxes but this same jump is so precise in the HD version that your foot has to actually be touching the nitro crates to get over them all. The slower movement speed really sucks.

This thread is dead Poindexter 😡

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

CJacobs posted:

It's still June and the thread's still stickied but ok thanks for the heads up

Your timezone is objectively wrong

• Locked thread