Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckZlj2p8W9M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The version of FFVII on Steam is based on the old PC version but is almost nothing like it anymore (which means it has improvements but the old mods can still work on it). It has cloud saves and a built in cheat thing so you can just boost people to max HP or max out your money.

And then the PS4 version lets you speed the game up by 3 and turn off random encounters in addition to having a button that fully heals you and maxes your limit breaks.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Switch store needs an obvious way to look at all items (you can now, but it's in a dumb place) but other than that it's fast and painless, just like the rest of the UI on the system.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CJacobs posted:

You have no choice. You used to be able to just back out of the menu and not have to build an FOB via ignoring the tutorial prompt, but they patched it so you can't anymore. Thankfully, most people are never going to have enough resources to actually appear on the majority of players' invasion target lists.

I thought you could just back out of the going online prompt when you first start the game, it's what I did and I never had to worry about FOB stuff.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I still really like Giygas.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I think it's telling that I've gotten all the endings in Chrono Trigger and Lavos is still fun to fight.

The music certainly helps.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

I knew ahead of time, myself. I think it's a good sequence, at least the first time you play through it, but it's always a crappily-designed battle.

I mean I think Super Metroid works in much the same way, as most people who make it to MB will be insanely overpowered compared to her and then it's about the sequence, where Ridley is the last actual challenge (assuming you're not one of those people breaking the game and fighting Spore Spawn last or whatever).

Also a cool last boss.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Follows that one ending, called Wife is Estranged.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

precision posted:

Life. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate life since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for life at this micro-instant.

I Have No Life And I Must Strange

anime premiering winter 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Please don't make an Earthbound harem, they're kids in that game

It's how they did it in It.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's not even the difficulty, it's the take one step and hit another random battle where you get 1% of the experience to level up and now level up three times to beat this area isn't this fun and not a massive waste of time?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Does Mario and Luigi Dream Team ever get more interesting? Cause I just hit the desert area and I'm really not feeling this game.

Hah, I started playing this a couple days ago and also just made it to the desert and was also wondering that, so that's a shame.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

.hack has no chance of coming back as long as Sword Art Online exists and does better sales-wise than anything in .hack ever did.

At least I'm assuming it does considering the waifu poo poo.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Raxivace posted:

.hack is good. I liked how the characters in the game would actually throw out a stock "Thanks" and such any time you used an item to heal them or whatever.

And sometimes this would hilariously backfire, like how one of the characters leaves for a game or two and comes back still stocked with all the earlygame healing items you gave them, so when they get hurt lategame they use a ton of low-tier healing items and that prompt (voice clip? it's been a while) would show a billion times.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Also, I stand by my belief that .hack//sign had one of the best portrayals of relationships online (romantic, platonic, or otherwise) and, end spoilers, a pretty great portrayal of a lesbian relationship without it coming off as fanservice like what other media tends to do

:yeah:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Please be started on Soul Calibur 6, I want the Namco fighter I actually play to come out.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

This sounds dorky enough to interest me. I might give it a looksee.

The first year I went was when they announced FFVII and Shenmue 3 and it's kind of cool how hyped people got about this (even if recent events have made that less warranted).

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't think I could watch any E3 presser without commentary, it would be too boring/awkward otherwise

It's not like people there are silent, you get a bunch of people mocking poo poo in a theater and it's just as fun (to me).

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I guess this is the time of the year where I replay old PS1 RPGs or something because I spent a ton of time yesterday just playing Xenogears.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Apparently contra is super popular in China because it was on nearly every bootleg console, to the point where they're making a movie of it specifically for them.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I know a lot of people don't like selling their games and especially not to GameStop but this is actually neat, I think.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/05/youll-soon-able-use-gamestop-trade-credit-amazon-account/

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

KingSlime posted:

Why don't people just sell their games to other people? you can easily net like 50 to 60 percent of what it sells for new, maybe a little more

It's not hard and takes as much as effort as driving to the local Gamestop, I guess finding a buyer can seem annoying every single thing I have ever posted for sale online has always gotten bought

And I mean every single thing

That takes time, it's trivial and quick to just drive a boatload of poo poo to a store and have them take nearly everything.

I say this as somebody that had to sell off a large part of a collection nearly ten years ago on eBay and the babysitting required to find the right price that people will buy it at and deal with the plethora of braindead morons who will ask you to do poo poo against eBay's tos or try to undercut you on prices (when you went to the trouble of finding the cheapest available auction and undercut that already to make poo poo sell faster) is super annoying.

And then there's craiglist which isn't viable around here because nobody checks it when it's chock full of people selling decade's old sportsgames in bulk as a "deal" for $200.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

Amazon has been doing their own trade-in thing for a while, too. I don't know if it's more or less predatory than GameStop, though.

It's kind of still annoying because they print out a label for you that you have to use on your own box or envelope, then you have to wait on shipping and their approval process which the one time I did it took nearly a month.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

KingSlime posted:

Yeah but you get a sliver of their value, when you adjust for effort vs payoff, ebay get you much much more for a little tiny bit more work.

I guess I'm used to selling stuff online but I think it's really easy to whip up a post, forget about it til monies come in, and ship something out while running other errands.

eBay also charges 10% off the top, then there's PayPal fees (which if you don't offer PayPal then nobody will buy from you), the cost of packaging and shipping (which you can make a separate charge for but you're less likely to sell if it's not "free" shipping), the time it takes to list however many games you're selling which with all these fees makes it less profitable to ship anything less than like $20 cost, etc.

Granted when I dump stuff off it's not at GameStop, but still.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That's the thing though, I don't think I can sell the systems that I have digital libraries built up for, unless they're being supported by the system that came afterwards or the system itself had an upgrade.

I'll be stuck with my PS3 for quite a while.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I want to follow rumors about soul edge again

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

I played the Bouncer today. Unfairly maligned game IMO.

It's not bad but it's kinda nothing.

I stopped when I got to a boss fight and it still didn't feel like I was doing anything other than mashing.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

What was the name of that beatemup game for PS2 where you would do all kinds of fancy moves just by using the analog stick.

There's a couple I can think of, Rise to Honor and Death by Degrees, the former a Jet Li game and the latter a Tekken spinoff.

Also OG Monster Hunter used the right stick for attacks.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't think it was good to begin with but I'm also going off half-remembered memories of a demo I played more than a decade ago.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cool, Pokken was good.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

if this games a pokken i'm doing coke to dokken

what's pokken

Tekken with Pokemon, made by Namco.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Huh, since when was Indivisible's soundtrack being done by Hiroki Kikuta???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uErMM_MBm68

Since the beginning.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh, I didn't really follow anything other than 'is it gonna get funded y/n' lol

Yeah it was dicey for a while, considering they had to get an extension from indiegogo but they're chugging along.

Lurdiak posted:

Are the worst people in the world still planning to boycott the game for not having as much tiddy as skullgirls?

idk I don't pay attention to that garbage

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

chumbler posted:

Well at least they're just coming right out and saying they don't like people with brown skin rather than trying to pretend it's something else, I guess. And I haven't followed Skullgirls but wouldn't that censorship claim mean they redrew at least one character pretty much entirely? If so that's pretty impressive.

iirc they got mad because they changed a frame of animation to not be a panty shot or something

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

sharrrk posted:

its really not like tekken at all beyond having references to the series. its pretty much its own thing entirely but it's super fun. namco makes really good fgs, this is a great year to be playing them

it was good shorthand! :mad:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

BTA to put your name on a government watchlist.

It's not the only thing you're going to B

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

There's a lot of third party places that'll help you release your game physically these days.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

There's at least one company set up just to produce limited run copies of downloadable titles because people would rather buy physical. I don't get it myself but hey.

It cool for the one or two games that you'd want on a shelf but a lot of the people Limited Run Games retweets are broken people who just want to collect everything they've ever released on a shelf because that copy of Mutant Mudds and Aqua Kitty needed to be on a disc for some reason.

Edit: Actually gently caress those ones, they recently revealed they're making a disc release of home, that lovely 40 minute indie game where they didn't bother to write an ending and which has been 50 cents or less on Steam.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 6, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

my posts have most often been compared to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 7, 2017

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Maybe I'm following a tortured bit of logic, but I think it would be lovely if there was a named update to Minecraft explicitly embracing the LGBTQ community as I feel that would piss off notch?

I mean maybe notch in his making GBS threads the bed state has not actually come out against LGBTQ people but I've kind of walled that off in my mind as him being the type of shithead that would be bothered by something like that.

But it's just an update emphasizing having nicer colors.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jun 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

No, not literally adding it to spite a billionaire, you moron.

• Locked thread