Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Help Im Alive posted:

So is the new Valkyria bad

so far i think its good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wjl1lgl8s8

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Please tell me the Japanese dub is an option

it is, yes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

I kinda liked the original style of gameplay in the Valkyria games so I'm disappointed in the new one

please replace every review of the game with this

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you are not going to use the same setting, characters, or gameplay systems, why would you title it as part of that series

I HAVE NO IDEA

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

lets hang out posted:

Hi I haven't played the old valkyria games and don't care about them at all. the new one is completely miserable. It's 75% cutscenes in which characters stand stock still and talk at one another because they couldn't afford animations, and 25% repeating the same braindead maps and boss fights over and over. Buy the soundtrack instead of the game

it is hilariously cheap

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i like when it cuts to the back of people's heads because then they dont have to lipsync, it makes me laugh

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Snak posted:

I'm going to code the technology to auto generate mouth flap animaton froma voice track and make a gajillion dollars from liscensing it to anime games.

that already exists and it's how they made the mouth flaps for mass effect andromeda, so

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Is Valkyria cheaper budget wise than Star Ocean 5?

That's what it makes me think of although the combat isn't nearly as hosed as it was in SO5. That polygon guy does genuinely seem to not understand how it works though

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Obviously. I meant in the general sense, hence why I said "games like" it.

I wouldn't care either if it didn't breed the kind of person who never tries genuinely good video games like Valkyria Chronicles because they have the same bobble-headed sparkle-eyed characters as Senran Kagura.

i mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uvhkkYigwo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Diana from Hitman has agency

she got kicked out in absolution

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Sounds like she might like fan service

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

who came up with these repeat missions on the same terrain in valk revolution, they are idiots, and should die

i dont know that you HAVE to do them but they are stupid

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also lol there sure are exactly five enemies

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

in five hours i went from this game is pretty ok to this game is pretty bad, please dont buy valkyria revolution

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

tales of berseria is good though

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

like i'll probably continue playing VR because i kind of still like it and i like the characters, but drat they sure had no fuckin money did they

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I would probably buy them again. Im currently playing on ps2. DMC4 is on PS4, right? Is that version good? Ill wanna check it out after I finish 1 and 3.

it's a port of the best version available, but it is still a port of dmc4...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

DMC4 is great. Yea everyone harps on the repeated levels later on, which is a fair complaint, but the combat is the best of the bunch.

Also people seem to conveniently forget all the poo poo levels in DMC3

no level in dmc3 is as bad as the board game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

raditts posted:

When does it pick up, I played like the first 20 or so minutes of it this afternoon and wasn't terribly impressed.

after the village gets blown the gently caress up, which is about an hour in I guess?

i'd label it spoilers but it's a Peaceful Village in a jrpg, of course it's gonna get destroyed

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Just lol if you try to act like turn-based RPG combat is bad but FF13/15's garbage is good.

The classic turn based combat of ff7

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

I never realized how many people had bad opinions about final fantasy. It's interesting what you learn about people.

Not as bad as you thinking ff7 was turn based lmao

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

And horrendous load times for transitioning into battle.

I'm pretty sure you need to look up some definitions.

Please explain how ff7 is turn based but 13 is not

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I do love 7 though

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Looper posted:

My favorite Games meme is "buffs and ailments are actually useful in this one!"

Yeah cause it's usually a lie

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

Hmm... that is quite an interesting story mister NPC. What do you think, companions?

*Upwards of seven individuals literally emerge out of the character frame/sprite of the main character as if by phase shift, apparently having heard everything discussed while inside his bowels. This surprises the NPC*"

Golden Sun was bad

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

What are some jrpgs where status effects actually mattered?

I wanna say shadow hearts had some that mattered because everybody had the potential to be overpowered in that game and if you didn't do your buffs right, you could get absolutely wrecked, but if you did do your buffs right, you could stunlock even bosses.

Pokemon

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Bravely Default and Second

sleep really matters in bravely default because doing the same area five times will put you to sleep and you won't finish

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Doom Goon posted:

What about Lufia DS? :rip: Neverland

what about lufia gba

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I'm playing various call of dutys because gently caress it I like fpses

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oddium posted:

let's ask the expert

Granin: Sokolov! It's him you're looking for, isn't it? Because of him, I have been stripped of my authority. My research has come to nothing. Look! (pulls out some schematics and hands them to Snake) It is a revolutionary mobile nuclear missile system, a bipedal tank.

Snake: A bipedal tank?

Granin: Yes, a walking tank - a robot! Are you familiar with the theory of the missing link between apes and humans? Well, this technology will be the missing link between infantry and artillery. A kind of metal gear, if you well. And this magnificent metal gear will make a revolutionary step forward in weapons development.

Snake: Metal Gear...

Granin: But I won't be used so easily. No, no crying myself to sleep. For you see, I'm going to send these documents to my friend in the United States. (we see a picture of this person who looks a lot like Otacon from MGS1)

Snake: What!?

Granin: These bastards will live to regret this. And when they themselves become the targets of my creation, they will know my true greatness. Yes! Sokolov's pathetic Shagohod pales in comparison to my work! What are you going to do with a rocket engine on a tank?

Snake: About Sokolov...

Granin: A tank does not need a rocket! It needs something else. Look at these (motions to his legs).

Snake: Nice shoes.

Granin: No. Legs!! Legs that allow it to go anywhere!! Just as when humans learned to walk upright! THAT is the real evolution in weaponry! Don't you agree?

How come Peace Walker had four legs

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Advanced Warfare kicked rear end but I dont really like COD single player. BLOPSIII Co-Op was fun though and that story is pretty wild.

Yeah that's the one I'm doing right now and it's great. Do any others have good single player? The last one I played through was Black Ops 1, back in college

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

mutata posted:

There's a lot of design stuff that Minecraft does that attributes to its popularity and success and it was a long time ago when I realized that it was all included by accident.

I didn't know stealing everything from Zachtronics was accidental

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I'd go around the world like gently caress it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

THE NUMBERS, MISTER MASON

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I wish they'd remake Spyro

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i mean i made a july thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825490&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post473935488 but maybe its not good enough and that is cool too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Snak posted:

He still does stuff randomly. He does like, 1-off promo art stuff.

I think he's doing stuff for some new game now, but I don't remember what it is.

Edit: how the gently caress do I make money in Peace Walker?

grind like a madman

• Locked thread