Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Bogart posted:

Which one's the good one, Wolfenstein New Order or Old Blood?

both

old blood is shorter though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
jesus, sled dog's last level for unreal sure was the most boring one

that was just, like, a solid half hour of slightly disorienting rooms and like three absolutely identical boring enemy gauntlets consisting of one enemy type

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
both

not that it really even matters, mgs2, 3 and 4 are the only ones that would actually be important. gamecube emulation has twin snakes covered, and mgs1 is a ps1 game, so all that's really important would be 2 and 3 not needing super good computers and 4

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jun 17, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

2 technically exists on PC already. It's a godawful port though.

Twin Snakes emulation had issues with the Codec conversations last I checked, but that was a while ago.

dolphin has issues with the codec screen backgrounds, but that's basically it. it's a lot more playable than it was a few years ago, and it's an avoidable issue if you don't care about playing in higher resolutions.

i tried playing the mgs2 pc port once, and it might have worked, if the audio wasn't inaudibly quiet

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

oddium posted:

they don't even have the same games we have over there. european video games are like tetris clones about stacking frogs on stumps and throwing wood balls at serpents

european mega man is like american mega man, but all of his games are this. it's hosed up

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
time to play unreal: this time with voice acting and a plot

return to na pali sure is, a thing

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Jay Rust posted:

PYF dad in video games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk47h9yRzPw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-COraVN56LE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F17Bi5xf6lk

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 18, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wish there was an hd rerelease of metal arms

i remember that game being really good but you need a better pc than i have to emulate it these days, and i'd like to play it with mouse aim

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tron 2.0 was a video game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
some day ubisoft will make a sequel to the classic belgian comic fps adaptation xiii

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuKMg-NCqgM

zeno clash 2 was cool cause it was about you and your straw hat sister going around the world beating the crap out of ancient golems, and the final boss was just you and the guy you were trying to find a way to beat up for the entire game teaming up to kill an even bigger golem jerk nobody liked. i hope they make zeno clash 3 some day

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 25, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the japanese boxart for ratchet & clank owns, and you can't really fault all japanese boxart for going from stuff like

this to loving this

the crackdown one is a weird change tho yeah, and a lot of those examples are pretty bad

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the japanese boxart for ratchet: deadlocked is a dirty loving lie cause it implies that clank gets to do anything in ratchet: deadlocked

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hey kids,

crash bandicoot is coming

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anyway, some of the japanese boxart for gba games made really good use of having twice the goddamn size

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
pikmin 2 was good you loving take that back

also, rayman 2 is the best game ever made, so yes??? the answer will depend on beyond good & evil 2

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
devil may cry 2 exists but i dunno if that's even fair considering devil may cry 2 didn't even have hideaki itsuno directing it until it was already rendered a pile of poop

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
devil may cry 3
sonic 3
metal slug 3
shantae and the pirate's curse
the witcher 3
mega man zero 3

when 3's are good they're usually the best game in the series

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013