Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There are current gen and PC ports of the original game though, and the third game is supposed to be alright despite being on the PSP and has a tl-patch. Second's supposed to be pretty bad and grindy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Jay Rust posted:

Is Mother 1 a thing that exists / is worth playing?

It's a game where the fan-translators hacked in an item to scale the difficulty way back.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Unless you wanted to go full NES I dunno what would've constituted a mechanical throwback back then. I'm not a big FF guy beyond really liking V as a kid but aren't IV-IX all ATB games with different customization systems?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

i've seen several otherwise benign series have something gross in the first episode so maybe it's just "this is the only way we can hook a loving idiot otaku into our not-for-idiots show" but i assume it generally doesn't work because the stuff that gets multiple seasons are the specifically-for-otaku shows

Unless you're watching kids' shows or films it's that all the way down.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's an adaptation of an even-skeevier comic by a studio that's currently trying to break out of that late-night scene.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Lol well that explains some of it at least

So they're trying to adapt a skeevy comic into something not skeevy? Or am I misunderstanding you

I wouldn't go that far, but the staff's take on the same material as well as some original bits skew it a bit

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Video games

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I feel like that's the point; they exist for you to pick up any Personas you might have missed or skipped in the previous dungeon while letting you engage or blow past them as you wish while doing your runs to the bottom or for sidequests. I honestly found it kinda chill despite the lame background music since I got to stock up on free cash, items and equipment without having to worry about time management for a bit.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I think you have to do some of the ones from Mishima before he'll give you others, but you can totally build up a backlog from other sources like Confidants. I've seen plenty of people say they usually wait until they have 3 or more just so they aren't wasting days going right in and out for one fight.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

wizard on a water slide posted:

Persona 5's NA sales are actually kinda disappointing. They aren't terrible; they just barely hit P4's lifetime sales on PS2 during the release window (~340k) so they'll probably pass that, though the tail on P5 sales looks loving terrible.

Matching your predecessor's lifetime sales right out of the gate sounds pretty drat good? Especially since Atlus goes pretty hardcore on picking up post-launch sales with pricecuts.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

doubling your native sales globally sounds neat on paper but only really counts when you're a blockbuster movie working in nine or ten figures. with the astronomical price of top-shelf game development, yeah, it made money against its operational expenses, but if it was their only ip, they'd be in deep poo poo i bet

persona isn't an AAA game

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCA3j59IrfQ

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CJacobs posted:

I dunno, that Notch guy seems pretty fuckin miserable!

He's even talked about how lonely he is in his gumball ranch lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

hes dumb

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Protodude/status/875191524253937665

hahahahaha

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/SeniorPacman/status/875473436738437120

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's good but judging a game in relation to online hype, especially when it's one focused on exploration over a long runtime, is never gonna be a good time

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

The ending part in spirit tracks where you play the duet and you get to hear all of the songs together was awesome.

Somehow I never failed that one in particular so I like it a lot.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

games bad

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nina posted:

I can't tell if Xenoblade is actually good or not or if everyone just plays it for the lovely british voice acting

Xenoblade's good though a little overhyped in the way all games that only get localized following fan demand are.

Not as bad as something like FF Type-0 though, where there was some hubub about the fan-tl versus the official release, announced just as it was finishing up, but then the game was mediocre and everyone forgot about it.

Motto fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 19, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

For further confirmation this is insane, having TLs involve themselves from the outset is standard for avoiding issues and making generally better localizations. After a certain puzzle caused issues in 999, Aksys began working more closely with the devs on future titles to make sure translators wouldn't have to jump through hoops to ensure puzzles made sense outside of Japan.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

What puzzle was that?

One that played on 9 and Q having the same pronunciation in Japanese.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

an actual dog posted:

I'm curious to see if there's gonna be any differences between the JP and NA versions of Xenoblade 2. After all the backlash they might be keeping everything the same this time.

Even if it is they're getting worked up about the idea of the game getting """censored""" mid-development now.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

why are multiple people complaining about game recs that the person who asked for them had no issue with lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

oddium posted:

red steel

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

*honks angrily*

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Here an official listing I found through a quick google search.

Why are you okay with this? Why should anyone be okay with this?

i agree, where's kiriya's bust info

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CJacobs posted:

My favorite thing about that video is that each horse girl is a different barebones anime stereotype and there's like 30 of them crammed into it

It's a commercial for a mobile game so yeah

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

Kemono Friends is a blight on this earth.

Kemono friends is the evangelion of anime

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

Amir0x has never been sane and it's amazing the things that he got away with as a mod.

As far as I've been able to tell gaf mods all act like the rest of the morons there, just with a differently colored username.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm having a lot of fun with a phone game, god help me

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/donniemnemonic/status/734508442208063488

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The music discussion a while ago made me want to play Mega Man X right now.

Is Mighty Gunvolt Burst actually a good game? It seems to have positive chatter around it

It sounds fun but keep in mind it's still a score attack focused thing rather than a pure mega man deal

• Locked thread