Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ-XcWCDfmE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

basalt posted:

How does everyone go about meeting well-adjusted people to play multi-player games with?

I've met some pretty well adjusted people to game with here on these forums. I usually go to the thread for the game and throw in my PSN or Steam ID, or add a bunch of people if there's a list in the op. What's fun is that on the PS4 you can see if people are in a party and always seem cool with me popping in uninvited. There are a few people who I've started playing with years ago and we still get time here and there, and we catch up on advancements in our personal lives while shooting zombies or aliens. I have 190 friends on PSN and I only know like 10 of them irl. A lot of them I don't remember where they came from and I don't bother, but the goons are good people.

Palpek posted:

Maybe we should make an official av thread. That way it wouldn't be only for you but for other people too. I made one in The Imp Zone years ago.

Yeah, make a video game at thread. I like to mix up my av for the holidays and I'd like like to see some games posters' takes on a rock.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

I bought Horizon and Yakuza at the same time. I want to beat Horizon before I start Yakuza but as much fun as surgically placing arrows into robots/skulls is, I am fighting hard against the urge to punch goons for fun and profit. It's pretty good motivation to work through Horizon but I'm going to have to power through the story and force myself to stop hunting every collectible.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

*over the sounds of jack-booted thugs dragging your neighbors out of their home because of the color of their skin* "Does NINTENDO think we're too IMMATURE for CLEAVAGE?"

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Wamdoodle posted:

I always read this as "Infogames"

I always read it as Innovation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=522bVV-82qQ

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Palpek posted:

Did they reveal anything about the HZD dlc?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5xsS1WZA54

e: I'm watching a video on "12 mechanics HZD never tells you about" and #2 is that enemies drop loot. Wowzers!

ee: that whole video was terrible. GamesRadar, what happened to you?

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jun 20, 2017

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Waroduce posted:

i dont have a 4k tv and the only things i really play are madden or fifa and maybbbee battlefield...do people still play that? is the graphics difference very large irt to both 4k AND the upgraded video card or whatever included in the pro or something

its also close enough to my router to hardwire it in so.....

im getting a yes do it sense from you guys

what are some cool and good games for ps4?i like not racing games basically.

Yes, it's a good buy. I would also recommend upgrading the hard drive but that's something you can do later. There are tons of cool and fun games for the PS4 and you would probably get a shorter list if you asked for games to avoid.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Just sitting here, fantasizing about my dream sport that is a mix of rugby and hot potato played with a fertilized egg from Alien.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Chutes are to snakes what ladders are to a Fulton Recovery System

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

A collection of every Monopoly variant printed, featuring corridors brimming with licensed and celebratory boards and pieces in dozens of languages, all curated by the world's loneliest man. The bell above the entrance chimes and the curator rushes to greet him. "Did you know that you've been playing Monopoly wrong this whole time?" he says with an excited glint in his eye and a dogged player's manual in his hand.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Phantasium posted:

Monopoly Monopoly edition, where every space is a Monopoly variant.

That'd be a good submission to a Photoshop Phriday thread.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Looks like the only thing I have pre-ordered is FF12 so that's about it.

I have that and that Yakuza 1 remake. I'm playing 0 and kind of waiting for things to really get going; still haven't unlocked the real estate aspect of the game yet.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

What a way to end a month

In like a Healslime, out like a Bomboulder

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

This game ruled but I used passwords to skip huge chunks and could never figure out how to kill the aliens towards the end. I probably would have spent more time trying to crack it if I owned it, but for being a sci-fi adventure I could mess around with while at grandma's it was pretty great.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Man, Yakuza 0 is just not doing it for me. I know that I'm early in the game (chapter 5-ish) but it's such a boring string of the same quest design: go to a place, read a bunch of dialogue, fight some goons, read more dialogue. It just feels so slow after playing through Horizon that I'd prefer it if the battles were a little longer so there'd be something to do. That might sound stupid considering how many minigames there are, but I really just want something to happen that's going to get me hooked. I've resolved to play through to at least getting the money-making projects unlocked for both characters, because so far I feel like I'm in an extended tutorial that all but asks me to introduce myself to everyone in town.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Saint Freak posted:

What kind of Crash Souls builds are you guys using? I've got Coco at 30 vit, 30 faith, and the holy moonlight sword but I'm contemplating restarting for a dex build.

Dex builds are a trap in Crash 2 and 3. Best to focus on a spin and bop strat and keep your endurance at a level where you can wear the best high tops and longest arms you can find.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

Crash was sold out everywhere I checked today and I didn't preorder so I have to download it ugh

lol jonesing for that sweet 90s gameplay?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Not using "it's the Dark Souls of" is the Dark Souls of video gaming journalism.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Squiddos and Sky Pirates

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

July Speedrun: WR 744 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Too bad there's not a "neck strain" meter that would fill up to let this player know to work on having a more ergonomic playspace.

• Locked thread