Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Mak0rz posted:

Similar: games where you can only access the options menu while in game and not on the title screen. JRPGs had a habit of doing this for a long while.

Or the inverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I wish more games intuitively determined camera inversion. The ones I can think of right now that do are Psychonauts and inFamous.

Just ask the player in the beginning to look up, and depending on which direction they move the stick/mouse, figure out whether they want it inverted or not.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Really Pants posted:

x bone x is the same backwards & forwards

x edalbone x

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

The White Dragon posted:

well you see, in japan it's called xbox generations

I'll wait for Xbox One XX

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Thong golem

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

My favorite FPS is fallout 3.

gross

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I was gone most of the day yesterday so I'm still catching up on E3. Why did they remove all the color from Monster Hunter

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

bloodychill posted:

https://twitter.com/socksybear/status/874767706716852224

Comments for salt. As a big MH fan who has a 3DS and a PS4, I am totally fine with a next gen Monster Hunter. X was really good but it was time for a shake-up.

The salt is me

At least the Switch is region free I guess :suicide:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Anyone who doesn't remember Jon's roommate was Lyman hasn't watched this video enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmKX6GhRBC8

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Viewtiful Jew posted:

B-17...bomber?

That wasn't voice acting, it was synthesis. :colbert:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Garfield, NO

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

suck my pachinpo

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Someday I'll make a rip-off of Sushi-go-Round from Pokemon Stadium, with multiple game modes and stuff

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

The Silver Snail posted:

Nobody will want to play it if Lickitung isn't in there.

I will

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Cowcaster posted:

cowcaster, as depicted by kate beaton:

Sorry about you husband :(

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Guy Mann posted:

My favorite combo was Summon + Skeleton, which transformed you into a bone-chucking skeleton that would be killed in one hit but would also randomly hurl a giant bone that does 9999 damage.

TIER PARGON ARETAK CHATTUR'GHA PARGON

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

Starting with the best one is maybe not the wisest plan.

Idea: [person] plays worst game in series, completes it and continues on to the others, appreciating the design and improvements as they go
Reality: [person] decides the series sucks and never plays any of the rest of them

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

Well obviously the solution is to start with 4 and 5, which are much worse than zero . . .

Or instead you could play the good one(s)

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Griffin McElroy discussion in the Steam thread has gotten me thinking I should look up a bunch of Polygon videos, since I haven't really followed them. From what I've seen, CoolGames Inc, Car Boys, and Monster Factory are worth checking out, anything else?

Watch all of Griffin's Amiibo Corner

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Mak0rz posted:

I've started playing E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy. What the gently caress even is this

legs ok hahaha

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

gain brouzouf hahahahaha

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

door hack you lolol

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Girth of the Wild

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Ah... I can see into your mind...

So, you like Huniepop?

I see that you enjoy titty games.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

basalt posted:

How does everyone go about meeting well-adjusted people to play multi-player games with?

In Training posted:

Play fighting games

This is like the worst advice

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

The official Four Job Fiesta run has concluded and the Fiesta will begin any time now! Hold on to your socks!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Mak0rz posted:

Every time this shows up I think I should participate but then forget about it.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what the FJF gimmick even is supposed to be.

Well good news! You can still participate once it's begun, without preregistration! The gimmick is that you play through FFV and each time you reach one of the crystals, you tweet to Gilgabot, who will assign you a job. You will end up with four jobs, and those are the only ones you can use for the whole game. Limitations breed creativity, and it's a lot of fun trying to figure out how your different jobs' skills can carry over and how they affect your strategies throughout the game.

Lurdiak posted:

There are several variant rulesets you can use but the limit of 4 jobs remains.

#fifthjob

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I'd recommend playing FFV. Preferably using a job other than only berserkers for the Sandworm.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is going to be

Eh, doubtful

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Ancapcom

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

oddium posted:

here's my idea for a football game: you don't control the plays or the players but you control the football through burnout aftertouch. and the other player controls a peregrine falcon who is trying to get the ball. the first player to score a touchdown wins

http://store.steampowered.com/app/263740/

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Here's my cat ca. December

And here he is now

He was fine until the medusa got him.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Quest For Glory II posted:

my ps4 also came today so i am now two systems deep in the next gen

https://twitter.com/Naveed_Mohebbi/status/877236065865695233

How long until these become emotes

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

One Finger Death Punch: In this rainstorm level, how the gently caress am I supposed to tell which of these '2's are the ones that I have to double click the same direction for and which ones I alternate?

Also the brutes in general, they seem to be a totally random color. Sometimes they show up a blue or green color so I don't realize they're brutes and not the regular blue or green guys. How do I deal with that?

e: Also why do some hits go into loving slow motion for no other reason than to throw off my rhythm

e2: alright, I see the red/blue L/R click indicators now

Olive! fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jun 22, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

None of my achievements popped until I closed the game

I got 60 of them

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

codenameFANGIO posted:

^
"I wanted my head to appear smaller and the best way to do that was make my body bigger"

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

https://twitter.com/Alvietron/status/876452600362799105

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

haveblue posted:

My commute used to take me past Federal Hall and sometimes I'd look into the alley where president solidus made his last stand and remember the good times

Alley? I thought it was on top of the building? (I only watched the game)

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

DalaranJ posted:

"I want people not to be connected through snakes, but through what would be the equivalent of ladders."
- Hideo Kohima

Chutes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I just looked up the Nintendo Monopoly board and Wario and Waluigi are the equivalent of Baltic and Mediterranean. Extremely hosed up

• Locked thread