Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Really Pants posted:

paywalls and register-to-see forums are the worst

BOOGEYMAN!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Chomp8645 posted:

Oh, you're a streamer or something?

Makes more sense then, you are probably accustomed to habitually oversharing your personal life with everyone in earshot.

Reminder that this^ is a person who actually used the word 'Nintenbot' in a discussion recently

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

Toad was so cool before Mario Sunshine gave him that voice.

You mean Luigi's Mansion?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

Oh dip, that's right.

Tbh I looked it up so it's not like you were far off.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

mada fakkah

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

My sister said she wants to cosplay Rohan

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Endorph posted:

ive cosplayed as a melty blood character but sadly not my main because my main is a 7'2'' guy

I'm sure you could figure out some camera trickery to make yourself look shorter

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

You could've watched two good movies in that time, like I did

You could have watched almost one whole hbomberguy video

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Endorph posted:

i think there were also a lot of dumbasses

on something awful? the internet? the planet? :monocle:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

How long until these become emotes

So I guess the answer to my question was 'less than a week'.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I hope everything goes full meta and there's an anime where each character is a personification of a different anime series

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

That's a flashback.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

good classic turn-based combat

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Lurdiak posted:

Just lol if you try to act like turn-based RPG combat is bad but FF13/15's garbage is good.

Never played FF13/15 but almost anything is better than turn based jrpg combat

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Paper Mario was cool in how minimalist it was. Instead of ridiculous giant inflated numbers like most rpgs, the most damage you ever did without crazy shenanigans was probably about 12

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

What are some jrpgs where status effects actually mattered?

I wanna say shadow hearts had some that mattered because everybody had the potential to be overpowered in that game and if you didn't do your buffs right, you could get absolutely wrecked, but if you did do your buffs right, you could stunlock even bosses.

FFV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Jay Rust posted:

I've never used stat-boosting or stat-decreasing moves in Pokemon because I don't compete against other humans

:same:

Monkey Fracas posted:

Are there any other RPGs that have sorta turn-based combat with some manner of engagement beyond picking your moves and watching your characters do them and does it really help the battle system at all? Remember all of the Paper Mario games and all of the Mario+Luigi games being like this

Undertale

• Locked thread