Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Sure late to the party on this but I finally finished Prey.

YEP.

Really loved that game, there was one segment in the middle of about 3-4 hours that dragged really hard, but unlike SS2 it has a great final act. Gonna have to play it again sometime just to mess around with everything else I didn't do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Quest For Glory II posted:

and now the sad part which is, metroidvanias I like and how unpopular they are

Odallus the Dark Call (113K)

I'm actually really surprised Odallus even has that many. I loving love it though.

The really depressing part of that list though is how many people own Unepic.

I am also outrageously excited for Ori 2, ready for a whole 'nother round of :argh: and :smith:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It looked absolutely atrocious from what they showed, which should not even remotely be a surprise considering it came from the team that did Blade Arcus.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The big issue with Order is the maps aren't very good. There's a handful that are pretty decent, but a bunch are just straight linear paths or recycled tilesets. Drac's castle isn't real great either, lotta usage of the same tile sets again. Rest of the game is really good though, so it's still my favorite of that whole series.

I have a hard time placing SotN against the other games though, as much great stuff is in that game it's kind of a mess, has 0 challenge to it, and the inverted castle is a drag.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

That's basically exactly how I'd break them down as well, other than Order being extremely good.

Haven't played The Adventure Rebirth or Belmont's Revenge though.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Dawn was garbage because of the dumbass touchscreen integration you had to do in order to kill a boss; my hate for it is partly because I only played it emulated and the touchscreen functionality was iffy but I had to refight that stupid clocktower boss like five times because it wouldn't take the inputs

gently caress dawn of sorrow, Order is by far the best castlevania

The touchscreen for that stuff is actually just iffy in the game itself. I even see speedrunners screw it up on occasion even when they aren't trying to do it super fast or anything.

It's a really bad mechanic that's just bolted on for no reason and I agree it drags the game down a bit.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

i don't remember anything like that in OoE, i'm pretty sure i never used the touchscreen at any point

You need it for Albus mode to teleport which is pretty important, but you don't need it at all for the main game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Finishing up a no-abilities run of Ori made me really appreciate how stupid good the stomp is. I didn't even realize before it was effectively a 1/2 screen sized projectile deflector and even repels stuff you can't Bash off of.

Managed to sell enough dumb cards and stuff to pick up Hollow Knight for free so that's next. Is that game designed more for Analog or D-Pad controls? Gotta know which controller to plug in for it :v:

• Locked thread