Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I only played the first original one. How many are there all together? The others were bad, right? (At least worse than the first.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

https://youtu.be/BgBa2UGKG7k

Edit: Yeah, all of these new YouTube vague guidelines that make it super easy for advertisers to dictate content are suuuuper dumb.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

the guidelines are not at all vague fwiw

Yeah, there's a lot of room for interpretation there and lol if you think advertisers aren't gonna take a mile for every inch, fwiw.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The Strangest Thing About Life is that it's Normal that it's Strange.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ok, who's gonna start the July chat thread because if no one else is, I'm gonna start it now.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Gex is a good game and a good mascot.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

drat, I gotta try transcendental meditation sometime...

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I registered as an Amazon seller and I can list things by scanning the barcode with my phone and typing in the info and then Amazon gives me labels to print when it sells and I just put it in a flat rate USPS box and put the tracking number into the app and it's done pretty easy and you can sell other stuff too.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

GTAV director's mode or just post-storyline singleplayer is good chill fun.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Pokémon Snap will be announced but it will be Pokémon Snap GO, a Pokémon themed Snapchat clone.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Notch is a terrible, insane person now.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I support doing things to make Notch mad because it manifests in literal cocaine binge Twitter tirade rants with Jayden Smith-esque epiphanies.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I like it when brands tweet and mascots tweeting is the god tier of tweeting brands. That's all I have to say about Twitter really.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

And they don't even have to dress up in fursuits like sports mascots.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm the one who wants zombo Isabelle Nintendo Switch. It's me.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

That's perhaps the most humane reaction.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I was waxing silly-philosophic not drawing any judgements. Just roll with it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

They always go in threes!

Edit: First Heath Ledger, now Adam West... Who's next?! Is it a Batman Curse?!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I wonder if I could get citizenship then...

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Thanks!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Mak0rz posted:

it will be!

(Not the graphics or art direction though.)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

So I know this girl in real life and it's still loving weird to see her in meme form all over the internet.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Also if IOI continue to lose money they'll go away quickly. It'll be interesting to see where the funding comes from moving forward. If it's crowdfunding then... lol.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Had to take my 10 month old to the ER because all of the urgent cares that accept my insurance are closed, who wants to donate to my gofundme?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Bowser, obviously.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Soldier 76 is also a good dad.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I watched an ad for paid community content in Minecraft today so I guess the paid mods anger team can get mad about that now?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

CrashCat posted:

Imagine you walked into the biggest library you've seen, bigger than two of the biggest you've ever been to put together, and near the front door someone put out a rack of books for sale. That's the proper level of concern.

This but for the Skyrim paid stuff too.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I see a lot of complaining about inventory systems. I swear I've seen someone complain about every game to ever have one! What are some games that have good inventory systems?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Really Pants posted:

Ultima VII let you sort all your inventory objects like a desktop, and also you could put a ship's hold in your backpack for infinite carrying capacity

Is that a Good, Well Designed System, or just a big system?

I've seen complaints about Breath of the Wild's inventory but I haven't played it. What makes a good system?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Palpek posted:

Don't get me wrong, your idea comes from the right place and your positive attitude and unwithering belief in people is very valuable in this place. While I'm no pesimist myself I sometimes have to call things for what they are and we've both seen too much evidence of how unintrospective and misguided some people can be for that thread to work.

To be fair to Video Games, this place is WAY better in that regard than it was 10-13 years ago.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

oddium posted:

youtube recommended to me this baller old man who loves to carve wood in the japanese style heck yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jaq7ifgcto

but then i'm like wait that's star fox

and it turns out it's from this series which i'd seen before but i didn't know they were actual factual prints holy moly

god bless this grandpa

These were drawn by Jed Henry, an old college friend of mine, who works closely with David Bull to produce them. The series is called Ukiyo-e Heroes and if I remember correctly you can get authentic wood block prints (they might be limited runs) or regular prints of the drawings. Pretty cool process and Jed is a super cool, no drama artist with an adorable family, so buy them!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There's a lot of design stuff that Minecraft does that attributes to its popularity and success and it was a long time ago when I realized that it was all included by accident.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Notch does plenty of drugs, he's tweeted about it quite a bit. He thinks very highly of himself for it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The White Dragon posted:

come the gently caress on rolling a joint isn't a fuckin accomplishment it's like brushing your teeth or showering

It's more that he thinks his mind has been opened to the way the world really is thanks to lsd and such.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

July Thread: Enter the Gecko

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Call the July thread "The June Thread One X"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I was trying to think of platformer franchise where the first game is the best and you made me remember tthe Earthworm Jim series.

How many levels in Earthworm Jim 2 didn't have a gimmick that take over the majority of the level?

I thought the dirt digging level was novel if annoying, but you shut your mouth about Puppy Love and Villi People. Intestines, pinball bumpers, and quiz shows never looked so good together.

The flying one with the balloons was weird and the snot bungee jumping was meh.

• Locked thread