Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Does anyone have the quotes about horses being insanely stupid and taking any excuse to kill themselves, whether it being from scaring themselves to death or seeing their own reflection and just dropping dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

haveblue posted:

Requested so often it's the second post in the funny quote thread. Unfortunately that person left out the non-Ruddha interjection about how horses are so dumb that if you ride them for laps around a track they will get spooked by the exact same thing every time.
God, yes. It is easily the funniest thing I have ever read on the internet in 20ish years and I couldn't find it from googling

Thank you so much, takes a bit of the depression off from Trump loving things up for the US yet again

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
For those who might be interested in the Hot New Thing Sweeping The Speedrunning Scene, I've been updating a playlist of great-to-decent Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past Randomizer races. I've mentioned it in the past but there's a massive tournament going on, over 200 races at this point, and I've been collecting the runs that are worth a drat in a single playlist and cutting out the chaff(most squashes, newbies, arbitrary forfeits, etc). It's shockingly addicting to watch, it shuffles every chest-based and loose(heart containers etc) items in the item pool, so you could find 20 rupees in the first chest, or you could find the Silver Arrows, for example.

Here is the playlist

Here is a sample race with fantastic commentary to give you an idea of what Randomizer Races are all about. It's a super fun one too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuUox7wPJFo&hd=1

FirstAidKite posted:

Lol well that explains some of it at least

So they're trying to adapt a skeevy comic into something not skeevy? Or am I misunderstanding you
Dragon Maid as a manga is totally not safe for work. Dragon Maid as an anime is like 95% safe for work. The manga is so questionable they wrote out an entire character and her arc because she might as well be named Tits the Problemagic Dragon.

The Lucoa thing becomes a sibling-type scenario rather than anything romantic in the anime outside of that one unsettling bit in that one episode. I really don't know what's up with that one episode considering, overall, the show's pretty heartwarming and cute and is basically about two mommies and their daughter.

ImpAtom posted:

It's something like Terraformers if you mean the one I think you do.
I absolutely love that there's a slapfight going on over your avatar now

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ImpAtom posted:

I honestly am frustrated by it but it feels lovely posting in a thread and having a bunch of people get upset because their lost their avatars just because I posted in the thread. :smith:
yeah but the one right now is just properly horrific enough, it's perfect. the red text notsomuch

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm not sure I follow why someone changing your avatar makes you feel responsible
he complained about it being changed in the FFXIV thread alongside a shitload of other people's and I assume it spiraled from there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, think of it as supporting this great website, that's the spirit!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am 100% sure mods and admins can't just repeatedly change avatars when people are paying for them like that.

Pretty sure mods can't even change their own avatars whenever they want.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
People have threatened me because I have been posting undertale fanart in the fanart thread for two years now. The hate scale on this forum is a little bit weird.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If I won the lottery I would make sure every admin and mod went back to their phoenix wright avatars they all had at one point, or apply new ones to recent ones

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Looper posted:

I liked the one piece avatar better :shobon:
I really liked my Buggy avatar but I just can't say no to the head-bobbin' walking bagman

Raxivace posted:

My hosed up opinion is that I like most of the posters I regularly interact with and I think they make interesting contributions to threads they post in tbh.
this is not allowed in this world of divisive politics.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This shouldn't surprise you. Millions of people misunderstand the bible and think that "The Eye Of The Needle" is an actual loving place.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lurdiak posted:

The tie-in comic for the Injustice games is unbelievably good. It was supposed to be 6 issues long but got turned into an ongoing due to unexpected financial and critical success. But neither game's actual story is very good at all outside of a few moments and I'm shocked that anyone is praising them. I mean I guess by fighting game standards it's good, because loving look at any given bad Capcom fighter's awful story, but man. That's a low bar to clear.
The one thing I know about the injustice comic is green arrow died in the injustice universe, and the one currently there was sucked into it from another universe. Except the injustice GA was apparently a billionaire Bruce Wayne type, married to black canary, and has a newborn child with her. So he just kinda inherits that poo poo lol

I said come in! posted:

Pokemon Snap 2 is going to be announced tomorrow during the Nintendo Direct.
I'd buy a Switch if it was a good pokemon snap game

Pokémon snap ruled

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Player Unknown Battlegrounds? It's a Battle Royale-style game where 100 players are airdropped onto an island(you choose when you drop) and you scrounge for gear to kill everyone else with. It's apparently super fun and way better than those survival games like DayZ that it seems to be most commonly associated with.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Minecraft updated, and it's quite colorful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2dQuIIUT-o&hd=1

I like the wallpaper they made

colors~

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Chomp8645 posted:

Oh ok you're fantasizing about a situation in which a pro-LGBT patch pisses off a reclusive billionaire, one whom you aren't sure would care anyway. But it happens coincidentally.

Yeah that's much more reasonable.
it's fun to poo poo on notch, because he is a total fuckhead who deserves to be poo poo on.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mordja posted:

Dear goons: buying and making games out of spite is stupid and weird as hell, and is a bad look for anybody.
doing anything out of spite is stupid and weird as hell, but it is the human condition.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this entire stream archive by Team Poor Life Choices is worth watching, but this round of Ultimate Chicken Horse in particular is something special. The framerate is a little poor due to an issue with streaming apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsL6UL6_PcE&hd=1&t=16279s

I also heartily recommend their Duck Game archives, of which there are some 40+ HOURS of them, and their Worms archves, of which there are 25 hours worth.

FirstAidKite posted:

Odin sphere on pc when
yeah!

Propaganda Hour posted:

Darkest Dungeon is kinda bullshit
the good kind tho

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

PantsBandit posted:

Bring back mech games

Mechassault remake when

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Terraria had that happen with a test build given out to a streamer. He tried to hold it hostage, but redigit didn't fall for it, so he dumped it online. Fearing it would hurt sales, redigit released terraria earlier than planned, though in a finished enough state. The leaked version was a pretty lovely version anyways and still had final fantasy sprites for the player character.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Raxivace posted:

Who the hell decided Bubsy needed to come back?
people have been ironically referencing it as of late a disturbing number of times(read: any) and some goobers thought that it was serious and not laughing at one of the worst knockoff mascots of the 16-bit era, is my hot take

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hello my loving fellow teens

edit: wrong thread but leavin' it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
you ever have one of those days where you're rip-roarin' ready to go and get stuff DONE, and then you set everything up and then realize something critical is missing that shouldn't be and no matter what you can't find it, and suddenly you just don't feel like doing a single god drat thing anymore for the rest of the day

in this case I had a whole lot of things I was going to sell, I remember spending half an entire day laying everything out and taking nice photos of every single item before putting them in bags and storing away until they sell, but it seems those photos just vanished into the loving aether because they're nowhere to be found, and now I'm just slouching here half-heartedly clicking on video game LP videos because I've lost my motivation altogether

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yep that's me rn

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Serf posted:

the new wolfenstein trailer showing a nazi soldier palling around with a pair of klansmen is pretty effective imagery. hopefully we get some payoff on that.
I know it'd never happen but I'd love to see some more well known game podcasts just put out an all-politics episode where they talk about how hosed things are right now. It's very easy to get stuck inside a bubble of distraction and be insulated from the dire state things are in.

A few have skirted around it and have obviously kept silent on it because it is very much a powder keg, but it's really obvious a lot are super upset about the direction things have gone in the US, regardless of the reasons for last year's election results, and have had to hold back in response to a lot of poo poo they want to say something about. I think the closest I've heard one come to just discussing it outright is when Palmer Lucky was revealed to be a just truly abhorrent piece of poo poo and Giant Bomb marked him as their Hottest Mess of 2016 during GOTY discussions and actually delved into why a bit.

The best one-liner I've heard from them was when COD was revealed to be going back to WW2 and Jeff Gerstmann said "Sometimes people need to be reminded that Nazis should be on the wrong end of the gun."

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Who's Palmer Lucky and what's his deal?

Created Oculus, sold it to Facebook for a shitload of money. He also funded a bunch of Trump meme spam, banner ads, etc. Has some really gross worldviews altogether, too.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lurdiak posted:

There was an overwhelming amount of anti-Hillary memes and image macros during the campaign suffusing every corner of the internet, and it's difficult to tell how much of it was the team Palmer specifically hired to spam memes 24/7, but it was probably a significant percentage. I don't know how you can accurately measure the effect of that kind of thing on voter turnout or whatever, and the GOP certainly laid the groundwork for the preception of Hillary as Satan, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that Palmer's kek squad is why we have Trump as president.
Russia had full blown meme factories(seriously.) and misinformation centers running through the campaign (they are still active, the millions of twitter bots for example), that's the majority of where all that came from. Palmer Lucky certainly didn't help things with his contributions though.

Lurdiak posted:

My friend says some Syrian refugees opened up a restaurant near his place. It's called Papaganoush & Mommahummus. :3:
That is very cute. Might be a bit of a mouthful to put on a sign though

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Botw is the best zelda game

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

VideoGames posted:

A new Atari console what the heck?!
I refuse to believe it's anything past an all-in-one or an Ouya-style pile of garbage.

in other news, this made me feel all tingly in the nostalgia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKSU82afy1w&hd=1

I hope the whole show is animated this well. The artstyle lends itself to fluid animation, at least.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

In Training posted:

Man that Sony E3 conference was probably the worst Ive ever seen.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What about the Sony coference was so bad

Do people need embarrassing idiots on stage endlessly talking about poo poo nobody cares about or is just constant trailers with the occasional show by that one Sony dude really that unsatisfactory, there wasn't anything like an MGS2 trailer but there were some definitely interesting ones there, the SOC remake and monster hunter off the top of my head looked rad as gently caress

Edit: and if dbz hadn't totally eaten it's lunch the mvc infinite trailer might've been a bit more interesting (aside from the horrific Chunli)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Shadow of the Colossus remake is terminally boring? Moss looked great too, especially for a VR game.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

In Training posted:

Yes the third remake of a PS2 game should not be on a main stage
You mean the first remake, right? This looks to be a pretty significant one while the other remake was to just get it running on PS3, wasn't it? This looks to be an actual graphical upgrade and I wager also to run smoothly no matter what, which was a massive issue with the original game.

Palpek posted:

So what were those games? Spiderman and SotC? Anything else interesting?
god of war looks real great and monster hunter was I guess making monster hunter fans lose control of their limbs they were so excited, so there's that

haveblue posted:

I did enjoy the gradual dawning holy poo poo they're ACTUALLY DOING THIS FOR REALSIES feeling from the BG&E2 trailer (even if the chances the game is finished and comes out and is good remain low).
that trailer is a negative press poison pill for vivendi and nothing more

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

exquisite tea posted:

I'm really kind of bad at "making my own fun" in games and for me the most enjoyment usually comes out of executing something really well or getting into an involved story.
I'm somewhat the opposite, while I do enjoy a good, well-written story, I also greatly enjoy aimless wandering in games like Minecraft or Breath of the Wild. In MC for example on and off I've spent the last 6 days totally underground, never reaching the surface, subsisting entirely off Zombie Jerky(rotten flesh + 2x Salt) and using abandoned mineshafts for a wood supply. Eventually I found a cavern so huge it went from bedrock to the surface, and when I emerged, I found I was a solid 5 minutes straight walk from where I went underground(that's a pretty serious distance even if walking unimpeded over land, let alone through underground caves). So I decided to build a massive stone-and-iron fortress protecting that one tiny hole into the endless undergrounds, complete with corner towers with parapets. It's a small fort, but I will probably expand it. It's mostly to be a landmark and storage facility. The bonus of stair blocks molding to be corner pieces based on location is really handy for detailing, too.

and the fort at night, in a snowstorm, and during the day

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
god drat this is a hell of a fighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrARL2oUedQ&hd=1

oh it's made by newgrounds? oh. oh...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Make sure to play with other folks/goons in EDF if you're starting out, get yourself some equipment faster.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

tap my mountain posted:

MegaMan 2 is the first good one, but 3 is the best.
which megaman game has the best soundtrack

I'm sayin' the first Megaman X

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I gotta go with Mega Man 3 as the best soundtrack, followed by 2.
Wily Castle from Megaman 2 is one of the best megaman themes, but MMX1 has an insanely good overall soundtrack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO1y0gGiO5k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHmin7WQ_o8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA_G-dwnG2U

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

what the gently caress is a kuwanger

https://www.google.com/search?q=kuwagata&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, I just cannot wait for the tell-all about Star Citizen. It's all burning down so very hard and even as a casual observer it's always entertaining.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
they apparently just took out a big loan, with the entirety of the development and everything related to it as collateral.

gaming history's biggest trash fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yes, yes, yessssssssss.

assuming they've not released a game list aside from that/what's visible on the box, but it's worth the buy for earthbound alone. Glad I sold my copy when I did, holy poo poo.

• Locked thread