Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

YouTube on PC vs on mobile/Smart TV app is such a different experience.

On PC I have no ads and no bullshit but on TV it's "watch this ad for at least 15 seconds" crap. Bonus points for playing ads for horror movies when I've put on a Wiggles playlist for my daughter :bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I bought Sonic Lost World of Humble Bundle for 5 bucks and I'm going to pre-order and love the poo poo out of Sonic Mania.

I am what's wrong with gaming today.

gotta go faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

My honeymoon took in a cruise around the Caribbean starting shipping out from Florida, so my wife and I had American style biscuits and gravy for the first time ever.

They were loving horrible!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Maybe that was the trick, either way I went back to the bacon and scrambled eggs and life moved on.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

precision posted:

mashed potatoes with brown gravy (gently caress sausage gravy forever)

:hfive:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

You see when the Final Fantasy series went to voice acting in FFX if you look at the waveform of the Chocobos that power the ferries when you click on them versus previous games, there's a strong correlation between the sound based on blah blah blah

It's all contained in my 500 page report...

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

(Still aghast over that Voltron attempt - "we won't take down the leaked stuff until you make our pairing canon", jeez)

Ha ha what?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sefal posted:

I started playing stardew valley.

Game is great!

:hfive: farm games rule

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Despite being an old fucker I doubt I'll ever get fully into retro gaming. Bought all the SSI Gold Box games off GOG after playing them as a kid. Got very excited to play an Unlimited Adventures (pretty much a create-a-rpg utility) version of Pool of Radiance.

After over an hour of scouring message boards for instructions and modules and then finally getting it going I made a party and lost all motivation...

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

A few have skirted around it and have obviously kept silent on it because it is very much a powder keg, but it's really obvious a lot are super upset about the direction things have gone in the US, regardless of the reasons for last year's election results, and have had to hold back in response to a lot of poo poo they want to say something about. I think the closest I've heard one come to just discussing it outright is when Palmer Lucky was revealed to be a just truly abhorrent piece of poo poo and Giant Bomb marked him as their Hottest Mess of 2016 during GOTY discussions and actually delved into why a bit.

Who's Palmer Lucky and what's his deal?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

babypolis posted:

one of the first and greatest uses of voice acting

Another visitor!

Stay a while... stay forever!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

gently caress yeah :hfive:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm up to the cabaret management stuff in Yakuza 0.

I never thought I'd say it but real estate is more fun than this.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

That's not what happened? They lost 100 grand trying to book more space near E3.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lizard Wizard posted:

I remember people being excited about Mafia III a while back, is it good?

I believe the general feedback was "just another open world game" with some saying the graphics aren't as crash hot as they could be. Haven't played it myself though.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Does Baldurk run lpix.org? Someone should let him know that the SSL cert has expired. My LPs... :smith:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yes he does, and yes he knows about it. Should be fixed now.

Awesome :hfive:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

What are people's desert island game?

Any of the Yakuza series would keep you busy for a very long time.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

2 technically exists on PC already. It's a godawful port though.

I actually bought a dodgy Hong Kong copy of this because I loved MGS2 so much I'd love to play it in a slightly higher res. Worked, but yeah the port was awful.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

But what would happen if a Mario-possessed Kirby inhaled a Mario-inhaled Kirby?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CJacobs posted:

I think the first game hits a pretty good niche on the line between being edgy for the sake of it and being edgy in an effective and scary way. Outlast 2 doesn't just go over that line, it fires itself out of a trebuchet over the castle walls of good taste and lands right on its loving face in a pile of ye olde pig poo poo.

I wish there were an IMDB style site for games where I could read plot summaries without having to watch an LP or play it, as I'm a wuss with horror games but still want to read about the hosed up plot of games like Outlast.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Samuringa posted:

play Grandia one day then, it has that in spades. I liked 1's tone better but it's really grindy. 2 is on Steam but I don't know if it is a good port.

Everyone should play Grandia 2, it's amazing and I love the combat system.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Sup

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Found out about Sega Forever from another thread and despite emulation on Android being really easy I'm unreasonably excited about it

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

oddium posted:

recently i've been cycling between the three best nes games (castlevania + punchout + excitebike) with some mean bean machine also in there

Mean Bean Machine rules. My wife played it to death when we got the Mega Drive Collection on the PS3

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

DalaranJ posted:

The chef is small, but the sausage is big.

:heysexy:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

spudsbuckley posted:

I don't do the no-shield, walking backwards only & starter weapons only type replays either because people who do that poo poo are mentally ill.

Or they're kids who only have 2 games :ssh:

<--- finished Mario 64 10+ times

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Happy birthday to all goons and dinosaurs

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Nintendo tried making a lot of something once, they made a lot of Animal Crossing Amiibos.

It's a mistake Nintendo won't make again.

What happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I just say gg after every round regardless of outcome (usually me losing)

• Locked thread