Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I forget to bookmark the new thread and haven't read any of the posts in this thread, but did everyone but me know that

THEY ARE MAKING A loving SLEEPING DOGS MOVIE AND IT'S STARRING DONNIE loving YEN?!!!?!?!?

It's going to be the best videogame movie ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Is Thermidor like, a blutooth enabled humidor?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Secrets, by definition, require lying. If you won't lie to protect a secret, it's not a secret. It's just something someone didn't know.

This is a culturally accepted thing about secrets. That keeping a secret is always a trade-off beteeen loyalty to those the secret concerns, and obligation of honesty to those prying into it.

So you can make the argument that honesty to reporters is more important than surprise videogames or whatever, but what people seem to be doing is arguing in favor of Kantian ethics. That lying is always wrong, no matter what.

Which I guess is valid.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

glam rock hamhock posted:

I like that whoever is putting out Garfield Go gives so little of a poo poo that they couldn't even be bothered to change to "Go" to something that better reflects Garfield's "hilarious" laziness.

Presumably they're putting it out to make money? Changing it so it doesn't as clearly associate with the Pokemon Go craze would be counter productive.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
That Thief reboot is 5 dollars on psn. How bad is it? Big fan of the franchise, played the first 3 games, avoided this one because of everything I heard about it. Worth $5 on ps4?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I already own Dishonored (twice actually), but I could never get into it.

How about Watch Dogs 2? I've heard good things, is the deluxe edition worth it? I'm not sure what the Urban Artist Pack and Street Punk Pack comprise...

Edit: v I figured. Thanks.

Snak fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 15, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido

That looks awesome.

edit: context for new page

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I dropped inquisition after I finally unlocked a new zone to go too, but it was too high level and I couldn't actually survive going to it because of the red skull enemy mechanic, which has been bullshit in every game it's been in.

So my only option was to go back to the piss poo poo boring zone I was already in to farm more unlock points or whatever. The whole game was pretty boring, but mostly because of artificial red skull walls.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm easily confused, is Hollow Knight the newest entry in the Shovel Knight series?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo. Since shovel knight kept having different expansion/sequels like Plague Knight, I just thought Hollow Knight was the next one.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yakuza 0 is my first Yakuza and I'm hooked.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Starting with the best one is maybe not the wisest plan.

Yeah, but it was the first one to come out on a platform that I own. I'm probably only going to play the ones the come to ps4.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
And the next one coming to ps4 is a remake of 1 with yakuza 0 combat. So...

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I specifically didn't buy hitman because it was too complicated to do. I bought the intro pack and then every time I tried to buy the rest of the game there were different reasons I either couldn't, or it was a bad deal to do so.

Regardless of whether the episodic model was bad, the way they actually sold it was a complicated nightmare.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yakuza 0?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

i don't feel very good at all, mentally :(

mildy NWS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LSSYhSEReY

I'm sorry to hear that :(

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If House of Cards was even a fraction as interesting as Yakuza, I would still be watching it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

Yakuza 0 should be on some kind of Required Play list, it's my GOTY and the best narrative since MGS2: Sons of the Liberty Bell. Doesnt hurt that the fighting is fun and I love smashing people with bicycles and sofas like some jacked up hulk.

Is this an MGS/National Treasure crossover? Because I would play/watch that.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Your dad sounds awesome.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Easy: Metal Gear Solid 3 Chalice Dungeons.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I think they should have called it Breadth of the Wild.

Cause it's an open world.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I feel like if I was that desperate, I would have just... Bought a charger in Europe. They have those there, right?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I remember once when I was playing cs: source late at night, back after I failed out of college, it came up on voice chat that on of the guys on the server lived in Canada.

This blew the mind of this other guy, and he started asking all these questions. My favorite was "Do you have different movie than us(in the US? Like do you grt the same movies as us? Like do they have Mission Impossible up there? Like do you have the same actors? Like is Tom Cruise in your movies?"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I have 3 controllers (for multiplayer reasons) and a charging dock and I just rotate through them. They're still good for like 4 hours, so only on some kind of weekend gaming bender do I need to switch during a session.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

Overwatch is kind of interesting because it doesn't have a scoreboard but it has these medals for each stat like kills/damage done/healing. So pretty much everyone can hit tab during the game and see 'I have the gold medal in ________, it's everyone else in my team that's playing badly'

Recently I got a gold medal in Objective Time with 2 sconds of time on the objective.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

Yakuza 0 is cool but all those mini games are kicking my rear end.

I love Yakuza 0, but honestly I dislike a majority of the minigames. The car racing one is probably my least favorite​, and I'm not sure why they made it the way it is, considering what actual slot cars are like...

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

slot car minigame best minigame

Why? It's decided almost entirely before the race starts.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I find it really frustrating and dumb, and am baffled they didn't make it more like real slot cars, which are a lot more interactive ans controlled by a single analog trigger.

For me the experience is mostly "make the car that looks, on paper, optimal for the track" and then watch it lose over and over.

Edit: ^ yeah, I like basically all of the side missions, and I love the conversation/dialogue puzzles.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I guess I'm about done with Overwatch again, after like a week.

I got all excited to play again and bought a mic and everything. But no one uses voice chat, and I haven't had any luck finding ps4 goons to play with. There's no teamwork and no communication. I'm not very good, so it's mostly just dumb stuff, like never making coordinated pushed for the objective.

And rebinding controls is loving pain now that you can be kicked from the single player training map for being idle. I can ony rebind one button at a tine before I have to exit the menu and jump so I don't get kicked.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't remember a puzzle more complicated than "move one box", but its been awhile since I played.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
metalgearSolid 2: substanCe

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
...did custom textures get removed from minecraft or something?

I made a sick tron texture pack once. Well, I didn't finish it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If cheesecake offends you, probably don't get Neptunia 7.

I was curious about it an looked up some gameplay footage and realized there is no one I wouldn't be ashamed to play the game in front of.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I agree with that.

I never saw the videos you're talking about cause it didn't interest me. I also avoided the cat fights, but it's partially required, so I'll have to do it a little bit later.

The telephone club though, that's hilarious as poo poo.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Kiryu is very open-minded and kink-positive, the dominatrix sidequest is one of the best in the game

Oh yeah. I definitely wouldn't consider that to be something people should find offensive or gross.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

goferchan posted:

If you're on Amazon (you might need Prime?) you can get a free one week Showtime sub which should be plenty of time to run through the whole season of American Gods; it's only like 8 eps

Don't do this, because American Gods is on STARZ.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Atari is a Japanese word, they were the first dedicated weebs

What's really funny, considering the company's situation over the last decade, is that "Atari" describes a game-state where you have no moves left.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Punctuation makes it seem like the sexualized daughter is just trying to teach proper morals, which would be cool.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

I stayed up playing Scythe at my friend's place until 1 am despite having work in the morning so I feel ya on the bad decision making.

Scythe is real cool though, I like that game a lot.

The board game? One of the people in my board gaming group got that but we haven't tried it yet. Really high quality production, but the rules seems somewhat daunting.

We've been playing Terra Mystica, which has quickly become my new favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

can someone buy me a chipotle burrito the size of my body and feed me it whilst crooning gently i'm in a bad way over here

Directions unclear...

"Is your social worker inside that burrito?"

• Locked thread