Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Coke has repeatedly won false advertising lawsuits by arguing that only an idiot would believe an ad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ometeotl posted:

Except they lost that one.

:woop:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Phantasium posted:

I know a lot of people don't like selling their games and especially not to GameStop but this is actually neat, I think.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/05/youll-soon-able-use-gamestop-trade-credit-amazon-account/

Now all they need to do is make the exchange rate not hosed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

But apparently fans of the comics like the story, so it's probably just par for the course as far as comic book plots go.

They do? Who's been saying that?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The tie-in comic for the Injustice games is unbelievably good. It was supposed to be 6 issues long but got turned into an ongoing due to unexpected financial and critical success. But neither game's actual story is very good at all outside of a few moments and I'm shocked that anyone is praising them. I mean I guess by fighting game standards it's good, because loving look at any given bad Capcom fighter's awful story, but man. That's a low bar to clear.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

Injustice 2 features Jeffrey Combs aka Weyoun as the main villain and that alone is dope as heck.

The Injustice games can't be faulted for their voice cast.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Also Freddy Krueger as Scarecrow (no. 2?)

I like to think of that as an apology for them not being able to have him voice Freddy in MK9.

PantsBandit posted:

I read through the entirety of the injustice comic and while it is entertaining it suffers from the same issue the games do. Which is to say, it's just a bunch of contrived situations to get superheroes to punch one another, and is about as deep and subtle as a fart joke. Still, the punching is good.

Subtlety is overrated.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

What are some of your favourite games to play to just chillax?

Spider-man 2. I just swing around...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It wasn't even R-rated, was it? I remember that was a big complaint a lot of fans of the games had. And I mean yeah, if that movie had a ton of gore it would've been better. But it's still pretty much as good of an adaptation of the source material as you could possibly hope for.

Certainly better than that awful SUPER SERIOUS mini-series from a couple years back.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

After Read Only Memories nobody wants to give them more money.

What was bad about that one again?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

What platform are you on? Friday the 13th has tons of people playing it on pc, some on xbox, and loving no one on PS4.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm watching a friend stream Thief and he's been walking through a featureless cave system and killing lizards with the worst combat ever for nearly an hour. A gaming masterpiece.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

if you mean thief 4 yeah its pretty bad. if you mean thief 1 yeah it's not as good as thief 2 either

It's thief 1. I'm sure the parts where you're actually thiefing are fine, but these long dungeon crawls seem awful.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

The one thing I know about the injustice comic is green arrow died in the injustice universe, and the one currently there was sucked into it from another universe. Except the injustice GA was apparently a billionaire Bruce Wayne type, married to black canary, and has a newborn child with her. So he just kinda inherits that poo poo lol

That's typically been Green Arrow's deal. Not the confusing dimensional death part, the other part.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Are the worst people in the world still planning to boycott the game for not having as much tiddy as skullgirls?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mordja posted:

u meen french canadians?

:(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CJacobs posted:

I don't think I've seen a single person say this, but maybe I just haven't looked in the right wrong places.

https://www.change.org/p/lab-zero-games-cancel-indivisible-s-development

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That's 48 too many!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CJacobs posted:

It's better for your blood pressure if you just ignore people like this

But they're funny.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I'm maining Sephireaper.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

haveblue posted:

Bring the baby, give it a gimmick character with 1s in all stats and describe it as a method player

Roll the baby instead of dice.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

I want to be able to watch the new season of Twin Peaks so I'm finally taking the plunge and trying to get through season 2. 22 episodes of varying quality is an intimidating concept though.

As someone who's been slowly making his way through season 2 for a while, I can say there's at least 11 good ones in there before you hit the "oh my goooooooooood".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Zelder and Horizon are both big hits but like 12 people outside of this forum + Japan even know what Persona 5 is.

How I envy their ignorance.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's not the summer sale yet.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

"We made a lot of stuff, but it was not fun."

- A Bioware

Chomp8645 posted:

*Is a Bioware guy*

Hmm... a space game you say? Great! I got some real ideas about space. Get this, there are BABES in space. And they love the player a lot, always, no matter what the player has done. Just great babes we're talking about here, the best. We'll throw in some daddy issues for flavor. Now let me tell you about the gruff warrior man who respect you grudgingly ear...

What's that? You want some ideas about space exploration??? Why would anyone want to explore space!? There's nothing to see but procgen rocks!

*Throws up hands in frustration*

I feel like I need to point out that ME:A was barely a Bioware game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

E:F,B

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Anyone play any video games recently?

I've been playing LA Noire. It's still really good. Cole Phelps would probably make Lurdiak The Roach's top 50 game characters(even if he and the other major characters in the game are basically stolen from a movie).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

I never beat that game, I was enjoying it but I stopped during the ghost area

Is it because it was spooky

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

precision posted:

I really enjoyed that game, like a whole lot. It felt realistic in ways no other game has managed yet. In a way, the emptiness of the town helped it feel more real. Voice acting was top notch and the mysteries actually felt pretty cool to unravel (until the end, lol)

Yeah the last few cases are very on rails and the finale is pretty dumb for a game about detecting, but the plot and characters carried it for me.

I really feel like the open world, gunplay, chases etc. could've not been in the game and it'd still be a very strong game and probably not have bankrupted the devs. But I guess they're neat and help break up the investigation segments. It is a bit absurd to consider how many people Phelps kills through the game due to all those cover shooting segments, though, especially if you factor in the street crimes. Hero Cole Phelps, murdered 500 people while on duty in 2 years.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lol, good joke trailer.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

tap my mountain posted:

This is the worst use of the power of memes in the last year, hands down.

What about Donald Trump being president.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think Agents of Mayhem was just really poorly advertised because I watched 3 trailers of it and I still have no idea what kind of game it is, what the setting is about, or who the bad guys are.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Elmo lost his nose to cancer.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Imagine how well Labour would be doing if it hadn't spent the last 6 months yelling about how much Corbyn sucks for actually being leftist.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mine is that they kept calling him unelectable and then he kept winning everything because he's not a stupid centrist.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Hey, the guy voicing Johnny Gat says it's his favorite role ever because he's an asian who doesn't fall into any of the tired stereotypes and is a badass without being a karateman, so if Volition wants to give him more work, I won't complain.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ganesha is extremely Christian.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Time for the most important question in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I know for a fact that there are people out here with an earnest opinion about that

You mean you don't? Weird.

• Locked thread