Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i feel like cat and dogs are worn out, i think the next big video game animal meme should be horses

post good video game horses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
nothing turns me off some streamer's videos like the "HEYYYYYY GUYS AND GIRLS THIS IS YA BOY PRECISION WITH ANOTHER MASTER CLASS SPEED RUN NO ITEM FINAL DESTINATION INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO SHOUT OUT TO MY SPONSOR SHITBOX"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
He came in, looked at the whiteboard, and wrote LIFE IS STRANGE

and then, after a pause, wrote:

LIFE IS STRANGER

and walked out of the room

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lives Are Strange
Living is Stranger
Life is Perfectly Strange
My So-Called Life is Strange
Life is Dr. Strange, feat. Benedict Cumberbatch (tumbr dies, explodes and then dies again)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Life. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate life since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of millions of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for life at this micro-instant.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
surely the people who make Java are triollionaires by now, you'd think they could update their installer from the one they've been using since literally before this millennium

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
man i really would like a remake of the .hack games, at least the first four. i really enjoyed them and there's very little gameplay-wise to fix. they could even add on online component similar to Journey where you would never know if that random NPC you see is another player or a fake player and that would be cool imo

i volunteered to work tonight, even though my body feels like sylvester stallone's face looks.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i actually thuought Sword Art Online was actually an MMO and not a "Fake MMO" like .hack :monocle:

poo poo now i have to play it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

I never thought I'd find someone more hated than me.

...you've been here as long as I have, so I know you know this isn't true.

then again i don't really know anything, i try to stay out of it. there are maybe a dozen posters i actually talk directly to (private messages) and i just assume everyone else hates me. works pretty much the same as when my wife and i go to see a band at the local indie rock bar and i just assume everyone i haven't actually been in a band with or known for 20 years is mocking and judging us

it's not paranoia, it's pronoia

edit: we saw a really fantastic band last night that was like a cross between The B-52s (their really old stuff) and Devo and they were the fuckin' tits. i hate people who look at their cell phones while the band is playing. when we got home we watched Trainspotting 2 which made me feel very old but in a good, bittersweet way. this stoner guy i know, i'm pretty sure HE hates me but he said i should DJ at this co-op DJ thing so maybe he's just Too Cool For School

e2: band's name is Paperwork, but there are several lovely bands named that and none of them are the one we saw, weird

precision fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jun 4, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

You're hella rude sometimes but I don't hate you.

i am? see, this is why i don't get into it. it just depresses me. i'm like, the most chill and least rude person i know. :(

here is the band we saw

https://www.facebook.com/Paperworkknoxville/

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
me when i frantically try to find my phone while i'm playing a phone game: "it's possible i could smoke less weed"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

glam rock hamhock posted:

By the way, I'm not sure if it's been brought up here but if you want to go see the SOny E3 conference live in theaters, tickets are up here
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2017/e3experience/

It's honestly usually pretty good, especially because Sony have slowly realized they should just shut the gently caress up and show games and you usually get some free PSN funbux along with some other useless digital tat.

would be pretty good schadenfreude if one of the theaters' air conditioning breaks down. all that nerd sweat. all of it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
forums poster makes bad joke, film @ 11

:eyeroll:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
games chat sure does love its schizophrenic swings between "hey, we're all just cool shitposters here" to throwing rocks

is this how lurdiak feels every day?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
being a non-nerd who rarely perspires, it's a subject of great fascination to me, to be sure.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

glam rock hamhock posted:

Now you're just acting weird. Are you ok?

better than usual, honestly. i'm just really bad at reading intent over the internet, especially from people who are probably a good 10 or 20 years younger than me. my earliest internet experiences were characterized - perhaps atypically - by an almost obscene level of sincerity and openness.

LONG BORING PRECISION STORY INCOMING JUST SKIP IT

see, my first real internet experience (aside from some BBS games or whatever, which i didn't find engaging) was a chat room for a local multi-line BBS (this was at the time extremely novel, being that this was before the internet even had a browser). what made it work was that it functioned - by design or by accident i don't honestly know - as an easy place to get ahold of multiple people at once and be like "who wants to go to dennys". everyone was who they were, nobody put up an online persona because we saw each other daily or weekly. shitlords, edgelords, assholes, all got weeded out very fast because there was a very strong emphasis on the "right, let's actually hang out together and not just putter around in our rooms all night" aspect to it. so that probably explains a lot. maybe. i dunno man, i worked my rear end off and danced my rear end off (in that order) last night so today i'm just a bit worn out.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Guy Mann posted:

The world is a horrible place but the fact that David Lynch is on TV against almost makes up for it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Regy Rusty posted:

Don't ruin a good biscuit with gravy imo

loving :agreed:

if you have to slather your food in milky gunk maybe it's not worth eating

that said i had poutine at taco bell in Toronto and it was good

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cowcaster posted:

death to america

at the current rate i think we've got about 6 months

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
mashed potatoes with brown gravy (gently caress sausage gravy forever)

uh huh, that's my poo poo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FirstAidKite posted:

Sausage gravy is my favorite kind of gravy and I like it a lot

I can respect that.

But I'm still not eating that milky fat soup :barf:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
French baked goods are S Tier foods

I could eat croissants all day, and sometimes do

Same with bagels

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
it seems like everyone says to use the Marine in enter the gungeon while you get used to the game but i think the convict is way better, starting with a molotov and shotgun is a lot better than 1 point of armor and better accuracy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i need some help friends

i just got some really great weed and feel like getting a new game, so far i've got:

y's origins (i've never played y's before except the terrible Sierra port of 3)
injustice 2
little king's story
prey
friday the 13th because it sounds really interesting but i'm afraid that maybe nobody is playing it
????????

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'm on ps4 :(

that really sucks. probably gonna be injustice 2 i guess. i think i'll actually walk to target and get a physical copy so i don't have to wait 6 hours for it to download.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i would drive but i am very stoned and also it's only like 2 miles down the beach

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rexroom posted:

Will there ever be a stealth based game as good as the original Thief series?

say what you want about yahtzee but The Art of the Steal is good af

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i started over in No Man's Sky again and it clicked for me better than ever, i got lost on a planet with huge mountains and vast caves and really insane rock formations and i finally got around to making a vehicle

shame it launched half-finished because the game is good af right now and there's at least one more big DLC (possibly a paid, story-based one too)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

quote:

Sixteen moderators of No Man’s Sky-devoted subreddits r/NoMansSkyTheGame, r/NMSportals and r/NMSGalacticHub each received cassette tapes, numbered from 1 – 16. What’s on the tapes is currently unknown, but reader speculation is running rampant on Reddit.

yeah something is def happening at E3 it looks like

e: tape 3 Came with a note saying "The giant gateway calls out to me, filling my mind with whispered secrets of a far-flung world", which is an ingame line related to portals, Hello Games asking for shipping address

tape 7 Came with a poster, quote says something is "next", had the same note as 3, Played the tape, it's 0.065 days of static

so 65DOS did record new music for the game a while back, soooooo

i'm hype

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
No Man's Skies

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'm getting slightly creeped out by the fact that every time i start playing NMS again, i find out they're working on an update the very next day

it's like they know i'm the only one playing

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chomp8645 posted:

You actually, earnestly care about No Man's Sky news don't you?

Crazy world out there...

I actually, earnestly love the game, even though at launch it was less than I was expecting.

It's still a really great game to chill and explore. They also added a ton of video filters so you can play the game in CGA graphics or with all kinds of :catdrugs: effects

it's cool check it out

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ometeotl posted:

Agreed but NMS didn't have enough content to qualify as a "thing".

I think it does now, after 1.4 and Pathfinder added base building, ground vehicles and much more interesting procgen for the planets and a whole bunch of QOL features.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

haveblue posted:

I don't think it's weird to pay attention to something that's going to be delivered to you for free because of a sunk cost almost a year ago.

I really wish people would stop telling me the only reason I like No Man's Sky is sunk cost fallacy. Like, I am not at all afraid to put down a full price game if it's not doing it for me, trust me. There's a reason I have like 4,000 Bronze trophies on my PS+ account :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
my wife just got to Futaba and wants to date her

in the game I mean

I'm a lucky fellow, I dunno what I did to deserve her

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

I'm sorry I mention my wife a lot. She's my best friend

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

oddium posted:

she;s going to real prison

That's not funny :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

I only listen to one pavement album that is part of my first iphones cloud back up file so idk it just appears on my phone when i get a new one

Spit on a stranger ftw

hot take: archers of loaf's icky mettle is better than slanted and enchanted

pavement's second and third albums are S Tier though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

I've been playing LA Noire. It's still really good. Cole Phelps would probably make Lurdiak The Roach's top 50 game characters(even if he and the other major characters in the game are basically stolen from a movie).

I really enjoyed that game, like a whole lot. It felt realistic in ways no other game has managed yet. In a way, the emptiness of the town helped it feel more real. Voice acting was top notch and the mysteries actually felt pretty cool to unravel (until the end, lol)

• Locked thread