Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TheHoosier posted:

Uh does fire emblem shadow dragon ever get good?

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

I should play Shadow Dragon because I'd be legitimately impressed if it was actually worse than Echoes.

It's

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
No Man's Sky sincere post 1.4x

I liked the game at launch, but as I said at the time I was a little disappointed. Everyone was. I'm not really looking to change anyone's mind but hear me out here.

I've kept playing off and on, mostly restarting a lot, since the big content updates. Until yesterday, though, I hadn't actually gotten to really see much of the new content (aside from the vastly improved procgen leading to much more interesting planets).

But man, if you gave up on the game, just let me ask you: did you ever defend a giant freighter from pirates, then dock on said freighter and wander around its halls to find the Captain, who actually would give you a dece reward? It's awesome! Did you build a vehicle? Even the first one, the Roamer, which took maybe an hour to unlock, changes the game to a great degree. Suddenly you can mine huge amounts of anything very quickly (the mining laser on the Roamer doesn't even overheat, you can just annihilate an entire formation of minerals without stopping) and you can catch sweet air hopping off mountains - very much like the Mako in ME but controls a lot less like rear end.

The myriad quests your base guys give you provide a clear and strong sense of purpose that wasn't much there before. One quest had me race to a comm tower before a transmission was deleted, and it was great. The NPC dudes even have story and lore to go with them (one of my guys joined a cult!)

Basically I feel like I can sum up with this picture

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mordja posted:

Reading this makes me break out into a cold sweat and reach for my gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8piMHsOya4

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
so even though Killing Floor 2 is free this month for PS+ i can't get into a single online match, at all? da gently caress? are the servers hosed today?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

I can't believe there still isn't a good and easy way to play dungeons and dragons on the computer.

Is there really not? That's incredibly surprising to me as well. I just assumed.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

PantsBandit posted:

I've been watching a lot of twin peaks while playing a lot of dead cells. A combo I'd recommend!

The new twin peaks is ridiculously good

It's actually kind of insane that there are still 13 hours more to go

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

tap my mountain posted:

Does he make the cookies with his own eggs?

they're artisinal

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
drat progress! gently caress!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

Dayy #51524526 of continuing to play video games without paying attention to a single word said by the creators of video games: I am still fat, dumb, and happy, and gosh darn it I like it that way

:same:

except i'm way too skinny. "you look like thurston moore on heroin!" i once got heckled. :raise: "You mean... on MORE heroin?" i tossed back. shut him up, that did.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mordja posted:

Well, I need to lose weight and I'm stupid as hell, but I'm going to need someone to explain this "happiness" concept to me.

Imagine... a cherry pie and a cup of coffee.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
code:
> buy weed

What kind of weed would you like to buy?

> buy good weed

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My face when I suddenly realize that there is inevitably going to be a movie about the Minecraft story :stonklol:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grapplejack posted:

You know far cry is more of a Scientology thing, right? There are black cult members.

I wish game developers (and everyone else) weren't so afraid of Scientology suing them literally to death

related: I wish the church of Scientology would stop ruining people's lives

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yes, you dress up as a fake scientologist and give a movie star a fake e-reading

"fake" e-reading :ironicat:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

glam rock hamhock posted:

Tom Hardy as John Romero please

:yeah:

Yesh Batman, I will make you my bish

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I can't tell who is supposed to be owned in that exchange

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I am Jack's paused VLC player

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i want a ps4 port of immortal redneck

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

VideoGames posted:

Has anyone here played Lego Dimensions, and if so, what is it like?

Just like all the other Lego games, with some episodes (Portal 2, Dr. Who, Ghostbusters, etc) being among the best they've done.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Man I hate it when I'm too tired to play video games after work

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jesus that beyond good and evil 2 trailer is terrrrrrrrrrible. I mean holy poo poo. Makes sunset overdrive look restrained

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i don't feel very good at all, mentally :(

mildy NWS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LSSYhSEReY

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
sifl & oly is amazing :)

but thanks guys. i'm not enough of an attention seeker to get into any of it, no, especially since that's the kind of posting i've been trying to stop doing lately.

i'll just say that if you listened to "snookered" by dan deacon, then "superdeformed" by matthew sweet, then "rebound" by sebadoh, you'd get the idea. maybe throw in some portishead, "only you" or "sour times" maybe

i'm gonna go hang out at the barcade and drink cheap beer and talk to college students

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
every now and then I'll go find a video for an indie band and then I'll click on the person who uploaded it and i will get very confused as to why seemingly random people go to the trouble of uploading really good, hidden gem songs with artwork and all

maybe i should start doing it to boost my views

i bring this up today because of the guy who uploaded this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvtRtDh3-Z8

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
slot car minigame best minigame

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
my wife and i both put FF15 down before we even got out of the open world part

we keep meaning to go back to it but we both haven't even finished P5 yet :sweatdrop:

Snak posted:

Why? It's decided almost entirely before the race starts.

While true, I don't see how that's a strike against it. And Kiryu playing with cars is so drat :3:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Xenoblade is one of the best games I've never bothered finishing. It's so goddamn looooooooooooooong.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

vermin posted:

You ever just like buying things and throwing them in a dumpster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3VG1o_4bn0

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DLC Inc posted:

Last Of Us comes to mind because the gameplay portions, whether it was shooting or doing endless Push A Thing "puzzles," were not what I would call fun, but the narrative is what drives things forward. I enjoyed it overall but would never ever want to play it again.

that's interesting, i have replayed TLoU like 5 or 6 times and it's pretty much exclusively for the gameplay at this point. there is something really amazing and empowering about getting through a whole hotel full of bad dudes without using any of the 5 bullets you have left

the puzzles are... eh, yeah, they're just a bit time-wasty, but also none of them take more than like, 2 literal minutes, so it's not a problem

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

I don't remember a puzzle more complicated than "move one box", but its been awhile since I played.

nah none of them are more than that, or "move 1 or 2 wooden planks". i wouldn't even call them puzzles since the thing you need is always right next to where you need to put it.

why isn't Overwatch F2P yet?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I played the beta of Overwatch and it felt super bare bones and kind of not very fun

is it any different now

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Girl With All The Gifts is already better than any official Last of Us movie could hope to be.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
after Dragon Quest Builders i really don't think there is any excuse for minecraft to look the way it does anymore

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
what did any of us do before all the arcades flipped the "run at 2x speed" switch on Ms. Pac-Man

I mean, why would they bother changing it? I don't play Minecraft and I don't like those type of games but if anything it's success proves the ascetic is meaningless to it's base and at this point any attempt to change it would a) make it run on less things, b) annoy people that do like it's stupid blocky style c) not actually add anything to the game except for making a blocky game look like a slightly better looking blocky game.

i mean they could just have "Legacy Mode" and "Now Doesn't Make Your Eyeballs Bleed" mode. why not both?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You have really strong opinions about what some of the most profitable franchises in the history of video gaming are doing wrong

hey, there is a reason i work in writing, not marketing

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

PantsBandit posted:

What's with legos? Squares and rectangles? Come on! It's the 21st century dummies!

thanks for reminding me to get around to selling all these drat LEGOs. seriously our whole apartment is kind of covered in LEGO sets. not in a hoarder way, more in like a "why don't you buy shelves?" way

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Makes sense because a cocktail is the only way most goons could get themselves to interact with a lady.

i'm not entirely sure it's strictly true that most goons are homosexual men.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FirstAidKite posted:

The to the what what now?

I think the argument is that it's good that minecraft looks like poo poo because it faithfully represents the experience of playing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah but dragon quest builders did literally the exact same thing but didn't look like rear end is my point.

• Locked thread