Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
HOLY poo poo THE JUNE THREAD POSTED IN JUNE WTF

For those that are late;

This is a chat thread for anyone who reads AI. We talk about computers, life, how much alcohol we drink (I worked out 1/5 of the May thread was alcohol related. I think that says something), how much weight Rhyno has lost, where it's finally getting loving cold in Australia and hot in the asscrack of Satan aka Arizona and STR fixes air conditioning, Mad Max fan fiction and shipping Furiosa and one of the Wives, COMMIEGIR occasionally slam truth bombs while CAT INTERCEPTOR infects our minds and sends us all to the cycle asylum - leading an army of AI cyclists to slaughter hipsters on fixies, WE DONT TALK ABOUT GUNS, cry over the Trumpocopypse, wonder how the gently caress *insert idiot here* hasnt been reprogrammed with a baseball bat, we post cat pics, whatever! Just imagine this as one large garage and we are all pretending to work on some broken rear end Falcon Coupe or Subaru while talking poo poo about anything that comes up. Anyone who is just wandering by, stop and say hello! We don't bite and we're a pretty chilled out bunch of normal people. Except apparently when [list of topics you already know to avoid] comes up. anyway.

Either that or get engaged or get married. Seems to be a lot of that going round.

NOW STEP INTO MY GARAGE AND HELP ME FIX A BROKEN rear end SUBARU. OR CHAT. OR SINK PISS. I DONT CARE JUST HELP ME FIX THIS SUBARU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ground floor.

Solid title.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Isn't the usual plan to post the new thread before the old one gets closed?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

ilkhan posted:

Isn't the usual plan to post the new thread before the old one gets closed?

And that's exactly what happened :)

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

eyebeem posted:

Ground floor.

Solid title.

Honestly this new covfefe thing is about as funny and worn-out as a two-week-old dog turd, and I'm about as happy to see yet another tired reference as I would be to see the aforementioned dog turd sitting on my dinner plate tonight. CT's cool, though.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Cakedude: my tone was intended to be positive :3:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I went to Cars and Coffee last month and no mustangs killed anyone.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I somehow missed covfefe completely because I was out getting absolutely plastered along with 5 of my best work pals from about 6pm on last night, so go ahead and mark the 1/5th of posts in this thread so far as "Alcohol related" and/or "Trump"

I tried something I'd never had before, a pickle juice back after a shot of Jamesons. It was surprisingly decent.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

This thread change over was far too efficient for AI :colbert:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Laziest copy-paste OP ever, I mean at least put SOME effort into it

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

And that's exactly what happened :)
I swear I saw the old one closed, hit the main AI link, and there was no June thread. Hit F5 and there was.
*shrug*

Maybe I'm getting old.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
At every event no less than 3 corvettes get sideways and wipe out upon leaving, and typically 5 dodge products fail to start and have to be towed.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

I sat outside and it rained and I got covfefe

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cars and coffee here is actually pretty cool because lots of rich people with exotics live in the area, so showing up with a Mustang is pretty lame in comparison. One time this dude showed up with a riced out POS e36 and parked between a Ferrari and a Lambo it was awesome.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I changed the oil in my shitbox mazda with a 3.0 duratec. It only turned into a mild clusterfuck involving a 4 ft crowbar. (The k&n oil filter was slightly larger than the hole to pull it out of. Force was applied.)

Now to go pop some shiny new headlight assemblies in.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Haven't posted a doggo picture in awhile. He was not amused.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Cakedude: my tone was intended to be positive :3:

Okay! :yayclod:

Garage that are doing the wife's clutch didn't call this afternoon, glad we didn't need it back urgently, we'll pester them tomorrow. Unusual for them to take a second day at it though.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
how the gently caress hasn't ~*the op*~ been reprogrammed with a baseball bat yet?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
They call them cricket mallets down there.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I turned my Quattro into a Ur-Quattro Turbo :)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

HOLY poo poo THE JUNE THREAD POSTED IN JUNE WTF

:colbert:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

STR fixes air conditioning

I'm good at breaking ac. Fixing, not so much.

I'm finally used to the car not having ac - so long as the windows are down and I'm moving it's not terrible. I keep getting sunburns on my left arm though. Also on my neck if I drive with the sunroof open. :downsgun:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jun 1, 2017

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
I saw a bit of a rare bird today.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

My reply got more stars than the Jalopnik editor I was talking to. I feel a sense of achievement.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Flawless monthly thread transition!

I'm trying to get paint for my car but it seems that nobody in the UK can get the mix formula for the original 1975-82 paint code anymore so will have to match it to the car.

The smallest painted part that I can find to remove from the car that appears to have any original paint on is the inside of the boot lid, so i guess i'm driving that over there.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I keep getting sunburns on my left arm though. Also on my neck if I drive with the sunroof open. :downsgun:

Number one thing to get used to with a convertible too. Got a wicked sunburn last year so now I go pretty overkill with the sun block if I'm planning on a longer drive. Only issue is that my wife leaves white fingerprints everywhere after applying it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Our C&C kicks rear end because we're considered snobs so none of the douchebags come and hang out with us. Instead we get the really chill old dudes who only drive their classics in summer. We had a 100 car turnout at a last minute meet on monday. It's really great. I've made some of my best friends at C&C.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

:colbert:

I'm good at breaking ac. Fixing, not so much.

I'm finally used to the car not having ac - so long as the windows are down and I'm moving it's not terrible. I keep getting sunburns on my left arm though. Also on my neck if I drive with the sunroof open. :downsgun:

You get used to it. My left arm is permanently a different color thanks to years of hanging out the window.

Probably gonna get skin cancer eventually.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Liquid Communism posted:

You get used to it. My left arm is permanently a different color thanks to years of hanging out the window.

There'll probably be bitchin' chrome-plated robot arms within our lifetimes.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

mariooncrack posted:

Haven't posted a doggo picture in awhile. He was not amused.

Mr Pugglesworth looks like he's too old for your poo poo.

I want to pet him :3:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Bajaha posted:

Number one thing to get used to with a convertible too. Got a wicked sunburn last year so now I go pretty overkill with the sun block if I'm planning on a longer drive. Only issue is that my wife leaves white fingerprints everywhere after applying it.

I spend 4+ hours behind the wheel at least 5 days a week (often 5-6 hours of actual driving). I should probably consider sun block. Maybe. Eventually.

(or I'll just fork out the ~$400 to fix the ac)

Liquid Communism posted:

And... yeah, that.

I wanted a tan, but I wanted it to be even on both sides of my body. So far it's mostly on my left arm and one side of my face. :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So uh, my boss told me today that the he and his brother (owners of the store I work at) want to give us money towards our honeymoon.

I think I'm crying a little bit.

Edit: Oh and Facebook reminded me that 3 years ago I was fifteen pounds heavier than when I started my new journey three months ago. So from 2014 I'd lost just shy of 45 pounds.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jun 1, 2017

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Hello

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Hello

It's sunny today so I took a trip to the shop and loaded the office freezer with Oreo cookie ice cream sandwich things to share. I'll devour most of those this evening when I'm all alone working the late.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

So uh, my boss told me today that the he and his brother (owners of the store I work at) want to give us money towards our honeymoon.

Good bosses are rare as gently caress. Good on ya

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Nice seat storage

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Cars and coffee here is actually pretty cool because lots of rich people with exotics live in the area, so showing up with a Mustang is pretty lame in comparison. One time this dude showed up with a riced out POS e36 and parked between a Ferrari and a Lambo it was awesome.
I like to park my hail damaged E21 between all the new shiny BMWs.

Spring BMW meet snuck up on me...it started yesterday. Sitting through a meeting in couple hours then taking the E21 to flog in the mountains for a couple days. It'll probably rain most of the time and I expect some sort of issue with the car since I haven't put enough miles on it to really be confident in it.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Rhyno posted:

Edit: Oh and Facebook reminded me that 3 years ago I was fifteen pounds heavier than when I started my new journey three months ago. So from 2014 I'd lost just shy of 45 pounds.

Good job on getting a fitness on, and awesome of your boss(es) are cool people - not enough of those in the world.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I'm a little uncomfortable with this "good news" Rhyno. I'm much more accustomed to "Hey guys, this friend of mine hijacked a bus filled with 50% senior citizens and 50% children. Then he raped all the passengers. Then he died" Rhyno.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Seminal Flu posted:

I'm a little uncomfortable with this "good news" Rhyno. I'm much more accustomed to "Hey guys, this friend of mine hijacked a bus filled with 50% senior citizens and 50% children. Then he raped all the passengers. Then he died" Rhyno.

:yossame:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Happy June, all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Mr-Spain posted:

I saw a bit of a rare bird today.

I didn't know those even existed. I thought the V10 TDI was the rare bird in those.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I wanted a tan, but I wanted it to be even on both sides of my body. So far it's mostly on my left arm and one side of my face. :v:

Easy answer: get a RHD car and alternate days.

• Locked thread