Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I'm going to feed is p/s fluid til it quiets down and not spend another dime on it. I seriously want to make the jump into a newer/better/faster car in April so I'm half tempted to sell both Mazdas and roll in this pile of poo poo til then.

i call this the liquids only diet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Well, I'm wearing contacts now. They're nice :)

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Do the Konami code (use enter for start, duh)
http://www.bankofcanada.ca/banknotes/banknote150/

:drat:

now back to not reading this thread

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Rhyno, you should put the PT on spray.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Perfectly sharp, unlike the rest of the thread.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

First mod:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Finally, an excuse to post this

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Drove the PT this morning, it's terrible but it drives straight and stops well. I'll give it a bath and probably see if I can trade for something less horrifying. Still aiming at selling the Speed6 in the near future.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I think I'm pretty much done detailing my own cars now. Started my xB early today and just now getting ready to wax it, I can't do this poo poo anymore my back and hands/arms are killing me :smith:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I think I'm pretty much done detailing my own cars now. Started my xB early today and just now getting ready to wax it, I can't do this poo poo anymore my back and hands/arms are killing me :smith:

Better living through technology. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BKT63XM/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Not even needing that, just doing a clay bar then polymer wax just because it's easier to apply and remove. Along with the entire interior completely detailed being OCD about it with early onset arthritis, my joints are hating me right now.

Time to find a good local mobile detailer.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Holy gently caress laying down pavers is terrible, terrible work.

Especially when it turns out the soil is a mixture of roots, tile, other pavers, and seashells for whatever reason.
Totally hiring someone to do this if I ever want to do this again.

On the bright side, the front area now looks 100% better than the moldy stepping stones covered in mud that used to be there.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

ExplodingSims posted:

Especially when it turns out the soil is a mixture of roots, tile, other pavers, and seashells for whatever reason.
Do you have a mattock? A combo pickaxe/mattock really lets you tear into that kind of "gently caress it, let's dump all the rubble from building the house in the front yard and put an inch of soil over it" ground, so it's easy to shovel up. I was doing a similar job myself today, and FFS, half-bricks and clumps of old tarmac everywhere.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

InitialDave posted:

Do you have a mattock?

An absolute must-have hand tool that is always fun to swing. Case in point, I had to destroy a few dozen PCs after a conversion in the '90s. I was in charge of IT and the powers that be wanted ABSOLUTE assurances that the data could not be recovered. I took the pointy end of the mattock and plunged it straight through the platter section of the hard drives, then threw the units in the compactor. Absolutely unrecoverable. :D

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

ExplodingSims posted:

On the bright side, the front area now looks 100% better than the moldy stepping stones covered in mud that used to be there.

After doing the fence by myself I said gently caress it and hired somebody to install irrigation and sod. So many people saying oh you can do that easy yourself, well gently caress that for about $400 in labor the irrigation guys were in and out in four hours, and for another $300 more than I would have paid for five pallets of sod myself, the sod guy is coming in tuesday and doing all the labor totally worth the $700 total to save my back and sanity.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

One cannot witness what thou does not link properly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
On my way into work this elderly couple decided to jaywalk right in front of me. I stopped and has to wait because they didn't notice me.

They got into a red PT convertible.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I've been playing Time Crisis but didn't want to hold one eye shut for so long so I've put on an eye patch.
drat having one eye makes general stuff irritating. Not hard just annoying

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

After doing the fence by myself I said gently caress it and hired somebody to install irrigation and sod. So many people saying oh you can do that easy yourself, well gently caress that for about $400 in labor the irrigation guys were in and out in four hours, and for another $300 more than I would have paid for five pallets of sod myself, the sod guy is coming in tuesday and doing all the labor totally worth the $700 total to save my back and sanity.

Hey I'm big on DIY but I have definitely learned to keep my projects to stuff I want to do, or don't want to pay for. I don't blame you one bit.

The XRS is sold without craigslist, a co-worker expressed interest so I gave him a call and it's going to be his son's first car. He required that his first vehicle would be a manual trans, and the son wanted a car and not a truck so I guess it works out. :)

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Transit vans are getting some really bad press in the UK right now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seminal Flu posted:

One cannot witness what thou does not link properly.

fuckin phone postin.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Terrible Robot posted:

Do the Konami code (use enter for start, duh)
http://www.bankofcanada.ca/banknotes/banknote150/

That's awesome. Kudos for the Bank of Canada having a (nerdy) sense of humor.
Also, I want a collection of the current loonies. They're so much more interesting than American bills.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

spog posted:

Transit vans are getting some really bad press in the UK right now.

When has that been any different tho?

Edit : Ah. Didnt know there had been an attack when I first posted.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jun 4, 2017

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

My son is scared to go to the Iron Maiden concert next week because he's worried about somebody bombing it.

When he told me this I had no words.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Bruce will personally subdue any turrists, the man can do everything.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

http://www.geekyjerseys.com/product.php?id=258

:perfect:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

My son is scared to go to the Iron Maiden concert next week because he's worried about somebody bombing it.

In light of Manchester and Rock Am Ring, the security will be massive.

No worries :)

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

:sigh:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

:(

That's a shitter. How are you going to play it? I mean, it's not an illegitimate concern, unfortunately, but at the same time (and without it sounding contrived), they win if we start changing our activities because of it.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I hope you have explained to him how he needs to go there and to have an awesome time.

Its a bit cliched but it's true - don't let these people win. Don't let someone else's stupid lovely opinions and actions stop you doing the things you want to do.

Realistically, security at every big gig now is going to be even tighter. he will be safer in there than anywhere else!.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Well that is my birthday present to myself sorted.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, the PT is absolutely puking the PS fluid all over the place. My buddy piped up and has a pump from his old neon so we're good on the replacement, it's just a matter of the goddamned pump being inaccessible. But no biggie, just gonna park it at Mom's for a week til I can tackle that.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
IT BEGINS

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Rhyno buy this for pt: https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/327...a0667e3be&tpp=1

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

haven't heard back from maintenance yet re a/c

Someone please airlift an iceberg into my bedroom I am dying

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Welp, bought a memory foam mattress a couple weeks ago and I'm pretty sure it's giving me a sore back in the mornings. On the other hand, my wife is finally sleeping worth a drat, so maybe I'll get used to it

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Enourmo posted:

haven't heard back from maintenance yet re a/c

Someone please airlift an iceberg into my bedroom I am dying
There are a couple DIY air conditioners out there that you could whip up temporarily, have you looked into any?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Cage posted:

There are a couple DIY air conditioners out there that you could whip up temporarily, have you looked into any?

Those mostly work by evaporative cooling, which requires dry air

Guess what I don't have in Orlando

• Locked thread