Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Nice seat storage

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Cars and coffee here is actually pretty cool because lots of rich people with exotics live in the area, so showing up with a Mustang is pretty lame in comparison. One time this dude showed up with a riced out POS e36 and parked between a Ferrari and a Lambo it was awesome.
I like to park my hail damaged E21 between all the new shiny BMWs.

Spring BMW meet snuck up on me...it started yesterday. Sitting through a meeting in couple hours then taking the E21 to flog in the mountains for a couple days. It'll probably rain most of the time and I expect some sort of issue with the car since I haven't put enough miles on it to really be confident in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

BraveUlysses posted:

HF has a low profile steel jack that has really good reach
https://www.harborfreight.com/autom...pump-62310.html
I have this one, only thing that can get under the lower cars easily without spending mega bucks. You'll still have issues if you're trying to get a front subframe from the front or something but a 2x4 or two fixes that. Can confirm it is a heavy bastard but it works.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

The Door Frame posted:

Anyone have any experience with car dollies? Those tiny casters look like a giant pain in the rear end to move on uneven concrete
I have several sets of the cheap harbor freight car dollies and a set of their furniture moving dollies (cheaper). They work decent but will get stuck on every little pebble. Getting them started is tough on heavier cars unless you point all the wheels the direction you want to go before starting. That said I have several sets for a reason, they're handy as hell. The lighter the car the better...race car is a piece of cake, E28 takes some muscle.

spog posted:

I've got some really lovely news for you:

Band B - you will be put in this band if you were between 11 and 20mph over the legal limit. You may need to appear in court where you would be fined between 75% and 125% of your weekly income. Between four and six penalty points will be added to your licence or you would be banned from driving for between seven and 28 days.
drat they're pretty serious about speeding over there

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

I was hoping for a better comparison because this row is usually a Tacoma, F350, F550 (all a couple years old at most) and my VW. Guess everyone took Friday off

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

The Door Frame posted:

Nothing in the near future, but my buddy is selling some E30ix basketweaves and it got me thinking. Especially since I could get 14" on the front and 15" on the rear for extra race inspired cosmetics

E: I misunderstood your question. I've been looking for classic cromodoras, especially Trons, but they're all $600 and up for a set once shipping gets added on

Keep in mind iX wheels have a different offset than regular E30 basketweaves. 21mm on i/is/e/es/etc and 41mm on the ix but easily fixed with a 20mm spacer.

iX offset = 41mm non-iX offset = 21mm

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Do we have a concrete cleaning expert here? Is there a coating I can spray on my driveway that will be invisible but keep fluid leaks from soaking in?

Look up hydrophobic coatings, appears there's several on the market. Phone posting so didn't dig into them much...

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Wrar posted:

The Gorester is a finicky beast. And it rides really nicely.
As I said on slack, glad it stayed in the AI family. I'd recommend chopping the rear roof and turning it into a pickup truck but I have a boner for strange car based trucks.

Enourmo posted:

~~real poo poo~~ post incoming, heads up.
:glomp: vent all you want this is the place for it. Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to. As Boaz said, be there for them if they need it whether it's helping with things or just being a shoulder to cry on.

Got the guest room rearranged and turned into the 'cardio room of doom' this weekend, sadly it meant the race bike moved out to the garage. Managed to keep the simulator tucked in the corner.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Wrar posted:

The wife likes the Gorester and understands why I bought it.

drat guys I think I'm doing alright.
drat right you did, I tried talking the fiance into it several times with no luck

Somewhat Heroic posted:

And impossible to find. Everywhere. All the time.
So like every other drat Nintendo system at launch or around holidays? People camped out for the drat systems and still not getting one is nuts.

CommieGIR posted:

I'm getting really tempted to start a buisiness parting old Audis and VWs. Please stop me.
Every time I think about doing something like this I think of all the craigslist idiots I'll have to interact with. Even if you only do forums there is always a good number of dip shits. Do you have storage space to hold parts for a while or do you set a shelf time limit before you scrap it?

After rearranging the spare bedroom into a cardio room last weekend we realized we really are almost out of space. We sold off a ton of stuff when she moved in and I have a bit more stuff I can get rid of (e21 junk, r/c stuff) but that isn't going to add a third bedroom or make the garage fit more cars. So now we're house shopping for something with a detached garage...there isn't poo poo for detached garages in the south. Found one place that looks really nice with 6 garage spots, cuts her commute to 21 miles (from 29) but bumps mine from 21 to 35. Haven't toured it yet but it looks pretty nice even if the location isn't the best.

I know we've had this discussion but what is everyone's commute? Currently I'm 21 miles, ~30 minutes

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Looks like it's baby o'clock y'all! Just got admitted to the hospital about 30 minutes ago. This little dude is about to make his entrance :woop:

Congrats :toot: hope everything goes well.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

funny Star Wars parody posted:

yeah i never meant to come off as uncivil, i'm on 3 hours of sleep because the witcher 3 is v good and i am v irresponsible
Such a good game, ending was pretty perfect IMO prepare to get emotional and/or cry. I should really get back to it and finish the expansions.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Thank you everyone! Babby Heroic arrived this morning about 8:30. It was a long night but labor progressed steady but slow for a long time. No complications though, mom and baby are great!

Re: 3 kids and M3 - we will just have to wait until they outgrow car seat phase to take it out as a family. The Flex is still entertaining enough to haul the family around that I don't get bored. :)
:hfive: glad it went well

NitroSpazzz posted:

Wiring, plumbing and assembly will still be a major project. Schedule looks fairly clear for a while.
From my build thread....I couldn't have been more wrong. Miss working on the thing but so much going on lately it's crazy. Work busier than normal, wedding/honeymoon planning, house shopping and everything else conspiring to keep me from the race car. Got 3-4 hours of stuff done this week, pretty sad.

I'm way behind on GOT, watched season 1, 1st episode of 2 then random episodes from various seasons when I'm bored at a hotel. It's on our list to watch at some point, maybe this winter or something. We usually watch lighter stuff like Rick & Morty, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Archer, Futurama and Gravity Falls because apparently we're kids.

Savannah weekend starts in a few hours, at least one day on the beach at Tybee Island. Any recommendations? Probably hit the Heroes of Bavaria exhibit at the BMW Foundation in Greer on the way back Monday. Looks like a nice collection of cars.

:words:From before talking about commute length and stuff... Ever find a nearly perfect house in the worst area? We love the house and the distance from work isn't a deal breaker but gently caress I just can't picture living in the city like that. If it was out a ways we would have put in an offer by now but we're just not sold on it. Maybe we'll throw a low offer but I don't know. Garage ceilings are low (9'2") but quick math shows I could squeeze 10 E30's in there if they were mirror-to-mirror and bumper-to-bumper. There's almost no other detached garages for sale, especially in our price range, since no one has garages in the south. Have thought about buying the perfect house with a 2+ car attached then just building my dream detached but then we're almost better off staying where we are. :words:

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jun 16, 2017

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

My dude :hfive:
Speaking of Gravity Falls I'm waiting on delivery of my copy of journal 3 from the show... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gravity-Falls-Journal-3-Special/dp/1368002501

:3:
Oh that's cool, I'll have to watch out for those fiance would be amazed.

The Locator posted:

Why is being detached vs. attached so important for you? I'd personally rather have attached, all other things being equal, so I can wander into my garage in my undies or whatever without worrying about neighbors or the weather if I want to. Plus carrying in the groceries is pretty nice in an attached.
Attached vs detached doesn't matter at all but no one down here has a 4+ car attached in our price range. Even McMansions down here are lucky to have an oversized two car attached. We want an attached to park the daily drivers and have space for the gym stuff. Right now weights are garage, cardio is 2nd bedroom and we can't park daily drivers in the garage. With a 2nd garage I'd have a place for projects and the M-cars. Right now I have three in the garage and four cars outside which isn't ideal but I live in the country so no one complains.

I know selling off a bunch of cars would fix all this but that isn't likely to happen unless I leave the country
trying to decide if it's worth renting storage for a while to build a garage on a great home...if my insurance will even let me

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jun 16, 2017

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Savannah is a pretty cool city, nice area to walk around for a few hours stopping in whatever shops seem interesting. Some good food as well...we ate so much food. Tybee Island is typical little beach area and packed with tourists and traps. Still a nice way to spend a day and the water felt great. Did make the mistake of not putting back on block after swimming thinking the umbrella would protect us. We're both burnt as hell from I'm assuming reflection off the sand.

If anyone is near Spartanburg, SC and likes to look at BMW race cars they should check out Heroes of Bavaria at the BMW CCA Foundation. My blurry/non-organized/random photos are here https://goo.gl/photos/EXf4bGHySDPuJBtu9

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

angryrobots posted:

Savannah is definitely cool for a weekend trip. Where'd you stay?
We stayed at the airbase/airport for most of it but Saturday night she surprised me with an ocean view room at Tybee Hotel. I guess it's an almost yearly event for her group so we'll plan it a bit better next time instead of it being a last minute thing. Still a great trip, bit of a drive though...almost 7 hours with a quick food stop

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I finished painting + hanging the cabinets in the laundry room

Just gotta pick a new washer and dryer, paint and hang the trim, and paint the rest of the basement and it'll be done
Those floors :heysexy: Cabinets aren't bad and the color works but the artificially aged is kind of meh. With the houses we've been looking at I have a feeling it's time to branch out from just fixing cars to basic woodworking and house poo poo. Upside is new tools!

Might have missed the house we likes with the big detached garage but there will be others. I'm kind of bummed but the location of that one was just poo poo, hopefully the next ones will be more ideal.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Not the original 10v version:

They did with the 20v.
Audi always has been a fan of the service position. That's a stuffed bay and not the modern just plastic everywhere now

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Yeah dude, the floors are waterproof vinyl so they look fantastic for being fake :3:
Wow, all the places we've toured with vinyl they look like poo poo

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

cakesmith handyman posted:

Well I guess that means no more nerd posts for a month

Na we'll have to post about what games we bought, how we like them, what we wish was on sale, how bad the steam servers are struggling and a hundred other things.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

a primate posted:

I bought both Metro Redux games for 6 bux each, buy that instead!

Also what are good pads and rotors for a daily driver? I'm going to try my hand at replacing my rear set on my own for the first time :angel:
I've had the Metro games on my wishlist forever, maybe I'll finally pick them up.

Rotors, go with the cheapest blanks (no slots/holes/vents) from NAPA/Advance/etc with the life time warranty. Pads I'd probably do the same or spring for a step up from bottom of the barrel so they dust and squeal less.

The Door Frame posted:

Rainbow Six: Siege is the best FPS, but you often live and die by your team's skill as much as your own. And Ubisoft's servers aren't always the most reliable...
Another one I've been thinking of giving a shot, played and loved the original so many years ago but I'm poo poo at FPS online games

freelop posted:

There should be another Unreal Tournament
YES :hfive: Quake Champions kind of gets the feel of it from the little bit of the beta I've played

I spent a while digging through games last night trying to find something that might hold my interest more than a weekend. Almost grabbed Dead Cells but I'm going to wait for it to be out of early access. Last game that hooked me for a while was Salt & Sanctuary. Before that was Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3, Fallout 4 in about that order with Dishonored 2 thrown in but I didn't really get into that one as much. I should probably just go back to DS3 and try some of the dumb builds I was thinking about doing.

House shopping continues to suck, we're putting together a need/want/bonus list to help out realtor really narrow down her search. She's doing good but doesn't seem to realize just how important garage space is for us.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

What the hell is a bonus list? I told my realtor I wasnt buying anything that didnt exactly match what I wanted and wouldn't settle and this was probably going to be a long, drawn out process, and he was like "ok".
Dream home stuff that we don't really need. In reality should just get rid of that category and keep it as simple as possible. The less options and extras we put on there the less non-ideal houses we'll have to weed out.

edit: what the hell is it with people not correctly or even bothering to fill out the parking spaces section. Discovered I can view only homes with 3+, 4+ etc on redfin but I'd guess 1/4 of the houses are wrong

Game chat: reinstalling Kerbal since I only put in about 5 hours on a computer that barely ran it after buying it

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jun 23, 2017

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

cakesmith handyman posted:

My bonus list included double garage or space to build it. Mandatory list had a single garage. We ended up with a single and space to put a car port next to it. We didn't compromise on anything on the mandatory list.

Now I'm thinking of building the missus a log cabin to get her craft stuff in a private lockable space so it's not all over the loving show She doesn't have to put it all away every time she has to put it down.
So far bonus is pool, even more garage space, and acreage. Our must is enclosed parking for four vehicles, 3 bedroom 2 bath, less than XX miles from work and under our decided price point. I'm not moving for anything less than that, I'm perfectly happy in the house but more space would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

rdb posted:

Idk. I could even take a vacation but I forgot how to relax while away from home and gently caress being on a plane.
My Dad leads the traveling install team for the company he's been with forever. September through New Years they are usually on the road 25+ days a month, only home long enough to meet someone at the airport with a suitcase full of clean clothes. After one particularly bad quarter the higher ups wanted to reward his team for all the hard work and long hours....they gave them travel vouchers. They were surprised and couldn't understand why no one was happy to get them. Think in the end they exchanged the vouchers for an extra week of vacation and some cash.

Just made an offer on a house! More garage space, more land, more quiet (middle of nowhere yet close to things) and another bedroom. Best part is it's well under budget.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 28, 2017

• Locked thread