Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I somehow missed covfefe completely because I was out getting absolutely plastered along with 5 of my best work pals from about 6pm on last night, so go ahead and mark the 1/5th of posts in this thread so far as "Alcohol related" and/or "Trump"

I tried something I'd never had before, a pickle juice back after a shot of Jamesons. It was surprisingly decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
They call them cricket mallets down there.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I assume the same people who crowded around PT cruisers also believe that their non-preferred jarred salsa was made in new york city

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Bruce will personally subdue any turrists, the man can do everything.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Weird, when that's the civilian casualty toll on one of his Wag the Dog random bombings in the middle east, he thinks it's a good thing. :thinkingfaceemoji:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I'm so ready for a new mattress. We're on our third in 8 years and they have all been total shite. Seriously considering one of those $3k mattresses my parents have they both rave about. I'm a hot sleeper and if there was a refrigerated bed I would seriously consider one.

My $1400-from-2005 mattress (non-memory foam, CA King, for pricing) was one of the all-time great purchases my wife and I have ever made, it was a revelation in having a good night's sleep and has made staying in luxury hotels feel disappointing ever since, the ability to isolate movement it had for the first 10 years or so was incredibly valuable - however it is finally at an end and I have noticed it getting gradually less great over the last 18 months and seems like in the last few weeks it's just become awful and every morning I wake up feeling like I played a game of college football the day before.

The same trim level from Simmons (for that is the brand we picked after going to the store with the intention of getting one of the mattresses they used to have in the W hotels and finding this one to be much nicer after lying on a bunch of options) is like $3k now so I'm sort of steeling myself for that being what it costs (at least) these days. Considering most people spend about a third of their time in bed, it's well worth it IMHO.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Why would you not want to smell heavily like two-stroke and sawdust after a day chainsawing, though?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Heh, I know a couple of the Millwall guys from this story, I heard this tale Sunday night from my wife, who's best friend's husband was one of the wags responsible for the 'gift' they gave their mate while he's in hospital. This is so like every Millwall antic I've ever heard from him it's loving perfect.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...n-a7775246.html

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Aahahaha. Teresa May sucks at governmenting, this is funnier than when Dave's stunt made Brexit happen and put him out of a job.

https://twitter.com/EdHowker/status/873268048928677888

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Rhyno, from the last thread, about Mitsu Evos posted:

I never liked the styling until the X.

30-pounds-lighter Rhyno, from this thread:
1990's Proteges uggnnnghhhn

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

BigPaddy posted:

Was at Cars and Coffee this morning and my Challenger sat next to a bunch of Camaros... yeah she is big boned but I love her.

When I park next to Challengers and Camaros, I chuckle to myself that at one point people felt the E92 M3 was too big (primarily because the side impact crash safety wasn't 'two pieces of rigid cardboard' like in the E30).

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Imagine you had a time machine, you could go back 25 years and get a job at Software Etc. and shake your head sadly at every sweaty parent Kramering into the store hilariously optimistically trying to buy the Nintendo 64 display box on December 20th and you just chortle sadly at them and suggest perhaps Junior's Xmas present actually wanted to be a PS1 or a Sega Saturn or even a lol Atari Jaguar, all of which you have literally hundreds of, or in fact anything that isn't going to lead him down a life of being a sad and mocked Nintendonter because of that same dumbass marketing gimmick they've been running since ever.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
like... tacos are delicious naturally, why would you put salty orange terribleness on the shells? Or in the white house?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Except everywhere in Detroit has AC, and no houses and about half the cars in the UK have it because 20 years ago you had to go to the south of France to get temps over 80F.

It's currently 84 degrees in London at 9pm lmao.

It wasn't that hot in LA yesterday at 9pm and we're having a heat wave.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Coming home around 1ish the other night I ran into some guy in a red Hellcat Challenger who was out looking for victims, he pulled up at a light next to me, I saw the familiar Challenger shape draw up behind me like a Star Destroyer (Challenger Bros around here always have a way louder exhaust than their car is fast and tend to usually look over all racey as a result, I'm not out racing so go do whatever you want, brah) but then did a little downward glance over my left shoulder at the front fender to see...and whoa. A little hellbadge.

We slowly pulled out to about 25, sort of thumbs-upping each other & grinning, I gave it a little blip in 2nd to nudge ahead of him, give him the "show me what's up" move, and then he absolutely crushed it and took off like a rocket ship, terrifying both me and my car with the sheer raucousness of that acceleration and noise. I can't remember a louder and more aggressive sounding exhaust crackle on anything I've run into as he decelerated a couple seconds (and 10 lengths ahead of me), and this is in LA where insane cars are everywhere.

I just started literally LOL'ing as he flew by and was still laughing when I got up to him at the street ahead where he was turning off. He had that "Yep, that's most people's reaction" face on, while giving me a thumbs up again which I obviously returned. Now I definitely want to see that SRT Demon that's coming out because got-drat, that 700+ hp from the Hellcat was pretty awesome.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yeah, but no one was racing so it's okay. You can tell no one was racing by the way the story is told there, and the fact no one exceeded the street's speed limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Got some sort of gift box at work from some unknown client who sent 50 of these to the execs here, for once random free crap from work has something interesting in it.

Alas, poor Yorick's sphincter... I knew his hot sauce supplier, Horatio

(this weighs like 10 pounds)

(Trumphand for scale)

Rhyno posted:

The thing in my back ruptured, I'm probably leaking spinal fluid, rip rhyno
RIP rhyno, at least *I'll* have hot sauce forever

• Locked thread