Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

TBH I've never hit the brakes with my left foot in any car, I didn't think to check that.
Don't worry about the last word on driving dynamics, buy whichever one you happen to like best.

slurry_curry posted:

Can you left foot brake any modern car? Anything that has a fly by wire throttle that I have driven immediately pulls all throttle the second you touch the brake pedal.
A lot seem to, though I haven't driven a huge number that are out there, so can't say it's a universal issue. I suspect you are right, and this is A Problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Apart from the aforementioned DBW issue, the stabilty controls and other fun police can kick in and try to actively spit you off the road. I would be very leery about trying to left foot brake any modern car with the fun police switched on.
Mmm. In fairness, I think most ESP systems are relatively sane, so probably won't actively try to kill you, but your point about them still stands.

gimpsuitjones posted:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/1356338769

poo poo idea? Seller says no other rust in the car. 2 patches on the sills and a junkyard hatch and sorted.
I'd already be bidding on it. But I am an idiot, so there's that.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Ouch. Google just got hit with a 2.7 billion dollar fine by the Eurpoean Commission for having preferential search results for their shopping service.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Speaking of cars in movies, this is now out and I'm seeing it tomorrow. It's supposedly superb...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirEgK7yJCg
I'll probably see it early next week, hoping it'll be good.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Bribe/charm your way into test driving a modern hybrid Lexus like an IS300h and report back, I'd like to know how you think they compare.
The Hyundai Ioniq is a DCT apparently, not a CVT, so that's quite interesting, plug-in version of the hybrid one will be out soon too. I understand that CVTs are nominally "good" for keeping the engine on the boil, but... urghhh.

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 27, 2017

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I'll make sure to either praise or pan it here. I'm hopeful though, it's getting all around praise it seems. Apparently the director secured the rights to use the songs in the film before doing anything else and basically worked the action sequences to the rhythm and energy of the songs... If nothing else it'll be a treat.
Yeah, it's Edgar Wright, so I'd hope he'd be on top of that.

No spoilers!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tomarse posted:

InitialDave - I assume I just saw you and your Cappo on Youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1WRhPzhCy8
Yup, that's from when they had the meetup in Coventry.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

financially racist posted:

i also plan on purchasing an autozam az-1 down the line because i am completely mental and like extremely dumb poo poo.
There is nothing mental or dumb about this.

It's not like PDR, you shouldn't be able to pound them out from the inside.
Hahaha.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

BigPaddy posted:

If you have never seen a near totality or totality eclipse it is really weird. The animals get confused and think it is dusk. When it happened in 1999 we had all the birds singing their evening chorus and the bats coming out. Even had a fox jump into the garden and be very confused as to why we were out there. He was even more confused when it suddenly started to get light again.
Just don't go buying any carnivorous plants from old Chinese men.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Do you have a battery conditioner? I have a couple of CTEKs, and they've rescued some fairly terminal stuff.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
So nowhere near as good as it could be, yet still going to have a lot of people really liking it?

Sounds like a Mitsubishi Eclipse.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

DJ Commie posted:

I ran one through a Noco Genius in conditioning mode, and it seems to have come back. I'm less optimistic about the Yellowtop, its life has been rough even before this.
It's a bit of a bodge, but "jump" it from a good battery and start the conditioner off on that, that's what I do with the "my, that's a funny-looking housebrick" cases.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Is there anything in employment law that either makes a schedule contractually locked in after being defaulted to for a given period, or requires notice for them to impose this stuff on you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

You may also be subject to "hmm yes that's a perfectly good justification for this inconsequential compromise you've requested however I've already said no and I can't be seen to change my mind"

Which is great fun. Best of luck Lloyd hope you find something suitable.
Having several large drinks and rewatching Office Space is always the best cure for concerns about office politics.

If you're useful enough, don't really care, or just have big enough balls, you can always simply ignore what they think your schedule should be and carry on with what you're doing.

A lot of managers have trouble with the idea that a big part of their job is to consult and be advised, not just to dictate. "I want" has little value: Businesses function on "we need".

• Locked thread