Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Cakedude: my tone was intended to be positive :3:

Okay! :yayclod:

Garage that are doing the wife's clutch didn't call this afternoon, glad we didn't need it back urgently, we'll pester them tomorrow. Unusual for them to take a second day at it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

Welp, bought a memory foam mattress a couple weeks ago and I'm pretty sure it's giving me a sore back in the mornings. On the other hand, my wife is finally sleeping worth a drat, so maybe I'll get used to it

Cut it in half and replace your half.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

My wife and I have joked about double-sized bunk beds.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

If you sleep in separate beds do you take it in turns to gently caress on each bed or do it on the floor between?

it's never isn't it? :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rhyno posted:

WHAT IF I USE A LOT OF HOSE CLAMPS

I went through something similar with a much lower pressure oil cooler hose. You're wasting valuable hose clamps.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I like watching mighty car mods but goddamn I cannot stand moogs voice.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Do they clarify the final payment? When I got my bike they guaranteed the final payment would be the same as the monthly, this year they make no promises, just mentioning "reasonable value" so you could be stuck with a final payment up to 50% of the starting value.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Tomarse posted:

its at 7pm near a cemetery

"I push for maximum sentencing m'lord, there were bodies everywhere!"

So how do people deal with depressive cycles round here when the weather gets too bad to get into the garden or on the bike?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

spog posted:

Eat chocolate digestives and get very tubby.

Are you spying on me?

Liquid Communism posted:

Pick up heavy things and put them down again.

Heavier than digestives?

The Door Frame posted:

Staying in bed all day, and then excessive alcohol and risk taking behaviors at night

Work all day, don't want to slip into casual drinking again. No motivation to do anything after the kids are put to bed.

E: if I cleared the garage a but I'd have space to put the bike on the trainer or lift, I'll aim for that

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Well I don't know what the fucks going to happen but it's massively more entertaining than Theresa May thinking she's president of the United kingdom, which is where she seemed to be aiming recently.

Dick, hope you get diagnosed and treated successfully and quickly. Best of luck.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Yeah it's not a good situation in and by itself but it's better than May appointing herself supreme leader.

More fun UKIP news. Lost their only seat and Nutall resigned. Good loving riddance you racist waste of sweaty pork.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

The Door Frame posted:

E: well, I posted in the wrong thread

I saw you. Anything specific you're after? It might be cheaper to get what you want shipped from Europe

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/PolComForum/status/873186390539988993

Theresa May being trolled hard by the police community on Twitter. loving gold.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Darchangel posted:

Without doing research, I'm guessing that she said something similar about a reduction in the budget/number of police officers? That would seem in line with what I know about her (dumb Colonial here. We have our own orange-utan to worry about).

Pretty much exactly that. Incidentally a reduction of 19000 police and policing staff is also the sort of thing you can easily point to when someone asks you the hard question of "so why weren't you tracking and monitoring this gentleman who hired a van, ran over some people and stabbed some others whilst shouting terrorist slogans after you'd been warned about him by foreign authorities". This leaves her looking pretty loving stupid.

E: she's comically hosed. This DUP garbage technically gives her the required numbers but she won't get a decent chunk of her own party voting how she wants while she entertains them so she either starts battles she can't win or only throws soft balls and gets nothing actually done.

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 11, 2017

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Quick question. Why don't fenders come "rolled"?

nm posted:

Either the stamping is cheaper or the thicker bit serves a purpose.

Winner, both of these. A distortion-free double or j-flange is a tricky complicated process. Considering the arch gap most cars are designed with a flat flange is cheap easy and guaranteed trouble-free. It adds a bit of rigidity to an otherwise floppy panel.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

25 miles 30 minutes. When they replace 2 of those roundabouts with flyovers that'll be down to 20 minutes.

I'm going to Santa pod this weekend, camping with dad and brothers and I'm going to take my panda down the track against my little brothers 1500 spitfire. He should win but if he doesn't I'll give him poo poo for it forever :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

4x4 2nd gen pandas get slightly worse economy (45 vs 50mpg) and slightly more understeer but otherwise are just as good as normal ones.

InitialDave posted:

That's enough time to fit a nitrous kit...

The thought had crossed my mind but I'm skint so I'll settle for rotating the tyres and stage 2 weight reduction (rear seat out, take a dump beforehand)

stump posted:

My money is on the panda :v:

It should be close but 70 rwd hp vs 60 fwd hp...weight is about the same.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

GG that tower fire in London is horrifying. Esp. when you see the protest group have been screaming about the place being a death trap 4 goddamn years ago.

Both the OSHA and crappy construction threads are following it, apparently the company that did the renovation hurriedly removed all documents and pages referring to their involvement from their website.It sounds like a story from a corrupt third world shithole, so I guess that's the UK now.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

slidebite posted:

I think I was about the only person left on the planet that never saw a single second of Game of Thrones, so borrowed S1 from the library yesterday. Had enough time to watch E1 last night.

That was ... a thing. I could see some binge watching in my future.

:catstare:

Almost every time something gets hyped to the moon and back it's meh. Almost.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Skipped the last 2 pages to post:I am in the queue at Santa pod to drag race my panda.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

In front of me, slammed seat leon. Besides, Talbot with slicks. Super charged mini behind me. Masarati ghibli behind him. I have received dirty looks for the googly eyes

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Ran, didn't die, 19.whatever

E:so much fun, going again

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Last week I shot a longbow, this week I took a slow car drag racing. Now I'm sitting track side stunning beer with my dad and brothers. I just know this is going to be one of those memories :3

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

By recently you mean "since the invention of the closed motor carriage for goods transport" right?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

The only awd car I've driven hard was my v70 which understeered in 2wd trim. That one you just nailed into corners and the back end helped you out enough to not die. Great fun.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

:colbert:

gently caress your computers, we have Torsen and locking diffs.

https://youtu.be/9kT8x0uui2o

That looks like it should tip rear end over tea kettle when you step on the brakes.

Fo3 posted:

an LSD is good to have as well because one wheel burnouts are less entertaining.

I very much want to build a reverse trike and one-wheel superbike-powered burnouts sound pretty drat awesome thanks.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Grinnall Scorpion?

Yeah, just not £10k

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Other than the IVA hassle, probably not too bad to build one, and those are the type that sidestep my usual "trikes are awful, what's wrong with you?" thing.

You can tell I'm recovering, I didn't even mention diesel :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Aw, and I have an entire VW 1.4TDI engine, box, ecu and loom etc for sale, too!

But quite seriously, the IVA barrier for a light trike is going to be much lower than a car, so I think it's totally doable on a budget. I've seen off-road trikes using a bike rear end, too, and they look fun as poo poo.

I agree, I do wonder about getting hold of a big wrecked scooter and a tube bender for a first draft single seater. Second draft would be mx5 front suspension and wrecked litre bike.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Could you use a 'Busa?

Then when you inevitably die, I can have the engine to go in a Cappo.

I could use it. I couldn't afford it. But hey if I find one you can have it after you hose the schmoo off.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

"£150 no offers car drives fine has lesbian scratched down the side"

I'm going to need to see this car.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Saw that as a convertible at first...

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

hi guys

steam sale

buh bye

Well I guess that means no more nerd posts for a month

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

you'll still be posting so all our bases are covered

Are you saying that they would indeed, temporarily at least, belong to me?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

My bonus list included double garage or space to build it. Mandatory list had a single garage. We ended up with a single and space to put a car port next to it. We didn't compromise on anything on the mandatory list.

Now I'm thinking of building the missus a log cabin to get her craft stuff in a private lockable space so it's not all over the loving show She doesn't have to put it all away every time she has to put it down.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

...it's loving 1:1 with the Up Goer Five poster!

It's also to scale with the previous Lego shuttle set. Kickass!

Okay, so how much will it cost me to admit I'm a terrible need and want both these things?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Land Rover temp gauge seems to read quite high, but I think it's the regulator for the gauges causing it, rather than it being an actual cooling issue.

Of course, I completely forgot that if it causes the temp gauge to read high, it will also cause the fuel gauge to read high. Good thing I carry an extra gallon with me!

Landie community in action though, in the time it took me to get the can out and pour it in, a guy in a P38 had pulled over to ask if I needed a hand.

He was scoping out any potential salvage, gotta keep your eyes peeled in the wasteland.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

tl;dr CVT is something I will refuse to own until I have no other choice (I'd tolerate it on a prius... that's about it)

Bribe/charm your way into test driving a modern hybrid Lexus like an IS300h and report back, I'd like to know how you think they compare.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

my spouse had one on his back about the size of a quarter that was hurting like a mofo. I removed it for him around 3 years ago.

we didnt have healtcare.

It's not like PDR, you shouldn't be able to pound them out from the inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

You may also be subject to "hmm yes that's a perfectly good justification for this inconsequential compromise you've requested however I've already said no and I can't be seen to change my mind"

Which is great fun. Best of luck Lloyd hope you find something suitable.

• Locked thread