Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
June 2nd 2017 0700.
I have just finished (literally) shoveling (as in with a show shovel) the last of my poo poo out of my townhouse. I haven't slept or eaten in 2 days. I have to be at work in 3 hours but I'm not confident that the toolboxes are strapped down in the trailer well enough to make it to work and back.
I don't give a single gently caress, because I'm done.
I have triumphed. I have earned my trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

InitialDave posted:

Do you have a mattock?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

The Prong Song posted:

I just CANNOT sell this motorcycle. I might actually have to resort to posting it on Craigslist, but I don't know if I can handle the level of asshattery I've experienced selling vehicles on CL at this point in my life.

What's y'all's tips on cutting out the joyriders, wanna-trade-ers, lowballers, and scam artists from CL?

In my experience, Lol-ballers are usually pretty up front about it. Your first email from them will probably be something like "I'll give you half your asking price." Just don't reply to those, in any way shape or form.
I generally don't discuss price via email. If you're that motivated to come look at it, then you're probably prepared to pay close to full ask anyway so that puts me in a better haggling position. If you try to start haggling via email, then I'm going to tell you straight up, I'm not haggling via email. You can come with cash in hand and we'll talk about it then. I don't care if you're 3 states away or that your cousin's boyfriend's dog just died. You come here, with money. Offer money. I give you bike or tell you to gently caress off.
Scam artists usually try to make things complicated, or offer to use paypal, or check or some other bullshit. Nope. Meet me in person. Cash in hand. That's it.
Potential robbers: I try to meet in a well lit public place within direct line of sight of a security camera. If I'm carrying a gun I generally try not to look the part. If I'm not, then I'll be wearing some NRA shirt or 2nd amendment hat, or go find yourself some hillbilly 'I like guns and blowing poo poo up' paraphernalia. Even better if you bring a friend.

Joyriders: tell them you need cash in hand before they ride. They have 5 minutes. If they're not back by then, just leave with their money. If they try to call the cops, just say "I gave him the bike, and the title. He gave me this wad of cash. Boom, done deal."

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

DICK DICER posted:

So the civic is getting expired tabs tickets literally every other day. I cant renew them until my license is valid. I cant get that restored until I pay off all the tickets. The close outdoor storage places all require a car be running and fully tabbed and Insured to store for.a month plus, and the one that didn't require that starts at $300/mo just for an unsecured spot in their lot

Get a car cover?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Mario Kart hasn't been good since 64. It was after that point they inserted massive rubber-band AI and the non-randomness of the pick ups became massively apparent. It became less of a game of being good at racing with the occasional hit from a power up to a massive clusterfuck of no fun and getting pounded repeatedly by things from people in last place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJHRf8PBqIE

http://imgur.com/LWefMGU

http://imgur.com/Ixm1nPp

I couldn't get the mp4 to embed. Sorry :(

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 13, 2017

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

the spyder posted:

Anyone need a used laptop before I list them in Goon Mart? I've got a Lenovo W520 and X220 I don't use anymore.

Car related: Tracked down one of the Celica's owners... from 1994. Owns a DJ business in Cali. Going to give him a call today and see what he knows about the car.

I'm still using my x220. Best purchase ever. I even bought another off-lease one for the wife.
I'm probably about into about $300-400 for both of them but they've both got SSD's and are maxed out on ram and have the travel lenovo bluetooth mice.

Does yours have that pretty IPS screen?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Here's a story in pictures:

...soon

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Not even close. Tap ranks below Cholula in my book.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

scuz posted:

Frank's is the lowest on the list. Anything's better than Frank's.

If you can find the black label stuff, it's even better.

What's funny is that it's not even hotter, it just has a ton more flavor.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Cage posted:

Guess ya'll aren't fans of chicken wings then. :colbert:

We have ways of making you talk.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Josh Lyman posted:

I've been watching Doug DeMuro's "reviews" and while entertaining, they got me thinking that I screwed myself when I sold my 1997 4Runner SR5 in January.

-214k miles, powertrain in good shape
-Valve gasket cover needed replacing
-Radio antenna doesn't automatically telescope
-Significant damage to front bumper
-Moderate damage to rear left bumper and quarter panel
-Wobble to rear left wheel that a local auto shop said was a damaged axle/hub requiring upwards of $1,000 to replace
-Also the airbags were deployed in a driver-side collision and never replaced (windshield and left door were replaced).

It sold within like 12 hours of my listing it for $1100.

wow, that looks to be in 10x better shape than one that sold around here for $8500.
You goofed.

Edit: I just noticed the rear damage but still...

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

slothrop posted:

Rust is probably a deal breaker. I just have a soft spot for them because of those wheels and this:

Well that certainly is a thing.

I got a little project of my own:

$3 at Goodwill and it was "you probably shouldn't touch this" levels of nerd-grimey. A coworker says he's going to donate some berlwood vinyl to my cause. :whatup:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

redgubbinz posted:

Oh hey, it's the best mouse ever created. Good find!

I'm pretty excited about it. I already have a G5 and G500 (this is the pro-internetter's mouse) so this will round out my lineup nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

eyebeem posted:

The ms intellimouse explorer will always be the best mouse.

Check Goodwill. I bought a whole rack of them, never used when I lived in Richmond. $2 each
They're still white too. Not even that nasty "smoker's office" tan that all computer equipment of that area becomes.

• Locked thread