Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
IT BEGINS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Wrar posted:

The Gorester is a finicky beast. And it rides really nicely.

Cant wait for the stories.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Wrar posted:

The wife likes the Gorester and understands why I bought it.

drat guys I think I'm doing alright.

Owns. Both my girlfriend and my wife hated it.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Complex issue, complex answer, and we don't have all the information.

Do not devolve this into a shouting match about boomers or ungratefulness or whatever while CornHolio sits here having to make a big decision about his and his dad's lives. I'll ding you for it.

Adiabatic fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 15, 2017

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I was talking about both you and fSWp. I'm asking for everyone to be civil in light of a pretty heavy decision.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Welp. Corvette was leading for a while and wrecked on the last lap of Le Mans. Crossed the finish with a locked wheel, in third place.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What the hell is a bonus list? I told my realtor I wasnt buying anything that didnt exactly match what I wanted and wouldn't settle and this was probably going to be a long, drawn out process, and he was like "ok".

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Wrar posted:

This last week has been kind of crazy for me. I discovered that my good friend of nearly 20 years is my half-brother, DNA confirmed. Before my folks got married, my mom had a child she gave up for adoption.

This is some Hallmark channel poo poo guys.

toplitzin?!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Seminal Flu posted:

Motorbacon single speed with a flip flop hub

what in the gently caress

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Seminal Flu posted:

BikesDirect sells cheap bikes with good components and slaps legacy company branding on them. The companies have often been long out of business or relevance, but still have name recognition (so their trademarks can be bought very cheaply). In this case, Motobecane. It is a single speed bike with a rear hub that can be run freewheel (allowing it to coast) or flipped to run fixed (where the chain is fixed to the front and rear gears, making the pedals turn all the time the bike is moving, no coasting).

Basically, it's a cheap bike that I picked up to try for less than the cost of the SKS fenders that were on it. It's a p good bike.

Ohhh Motobecane. I thought there was seriously some hipster fixie bike company called Motorbacon.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Cage posted:

Humor!

Oh gently caress he was making fun of the company god damnit.

Shows how much I know about bicycles :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

rdb posted:

It goes against company policy to discuss it online, but I work for a composite building materials company. I managed one of their smaller plants. Right now its more of a project management role for the same salary. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for the time it afforded me with my son while working from home post closure, but the flying part has continued to be a drain. And it looks like a small error may have just extended this project past the current end of my contract.

The local economy continues to improve, I get Facebook adds all the time for the toyota plant hiring people at up to $32/hr for skills that I have. Its so tempting. Or a plant just down the road is has a position with the same job title. Or I have the money and time to go back to college, or my wife and I are in the position where I can take a job that pays less but is more satisfying even if it makes my resume look lovely. Idk. I could even take a vacation but I forgot how to relax while away from home and gently caress being on a plane.

Make moves. Apply for those jobs if they seem better. Disrupt your comfort zone. The old job doesn't need to know about you looking elsewhere, and interviews are harmless.

• Locked thread