Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Liquid Communism posted:

You get used to it. My left arm is permanently a different color thanks to years of hanging out the window.

Probably gonna get skin cancer eventually.

There'll probably be bitchin' chrome-plated robot arms within our lifetimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

My parents are in Japan this week, and took a trip to the Toyota Megaweb in Odaiba today. At the Heritage Garage cafe, my dad was showing someone pictures of his current restoration projects, and got invited into the workshop to have a chat with the old guys who do the cars there:

I loved visiting those old dudes in their workshop. Everyone should go to the Toyota vintage museum.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Can you cut through the interior frame to get access to the backside?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Rivnut?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Gingerbread House Music posted:

I may have accidentally ordered a new Wrangler, with no options. In Rhino grey.

oops

Don't they have a pickup truck version coming soon?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

I just got offered a trade on the PT Cruiser.

A fuckin' Festiva!

Let's BP-swap this son of a bitch and head for flavour town.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Oh man, I am so hungry.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Wrar posted:

This last week has been kind of crazy for me. I discovered that my good friend of nearly 20 years is my half-brother, DNA confirmed. Before my folks got married, my mom had a child she gave up for adoption.

This is some Hallmark channel poo poo guys.

Brought together by the Gorester.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Question for anyone in the know. Why are top loaders a thing in the US? Over here in the UK they're seen as antiquated and old fashioned to the point where the only top loading washing devices you can get are designed for places like caravans or boats and are cheap.

Front-loaders were a thing here for awhile and now have fallen back out of favour with their uncomfortable predilection for developing mildew and/or leaking.

Since we (generally) are not space limited, stacked front-loaders are also unnecessary.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

financially racist posted:

the people down the road moved out of the house they were renting and left their non-running rx7 fd behind.

it has no rust but i have no idea why it doesn't run. i am thinking of asking the landlord about it since he will presumably get it via abandonment.

please talk me out of this terrible, terrible idea.

What forum do you think this is? You should absolutely get that FD, and if not, pass the tip on to a local goon.

Worst case you have to swap an LS1 into it, ohhh noooooo.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

RADL coming to knife you

Would the RADL rather have an FD with no motor or an FD that's going around harassing the public, albeit with the wrong engine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

DJ Commie posted:

A guy dumped a burning Mk4 Jetta outside my house. It burned 1600+ acres and Jonny Galecki's house across the street. It made it 3/4 of a circle around my house, and the only way mine is still here is CalFire received a grant for fire prevention clearing and knocked down 30 acres of brush. Otherwise I'd be phone postin' from Motel 6 for a while.

Pictures incoming.

Any parts left from the Jetta?

• Locked thread