Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

everdave posted:

Correct, I took full comprehensive coverage off of it because I felt stupid paying for it all these years and it is literally just sitting in the driveway waiting on a title and me to fix some things to make it easier to sell.

Given how cheap it usually is and how much damage comprehensive actually covers its silly to not carry comprehensive. My wife and I both drive cars that are 10+ years old and have over 150k on the OD, but it literally costs $10/month for $500 deductible/$0 glass comprehensive coverage on both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Not sure if its still the case but when I bought a top loading HE in late 2013 the front loaders had a $150+ premium when compared against a top loader with similar features.

Also for US vs UK/Europe, isn't it fairly common in Europe to have your washer/dryer under a counter in the kitchen or bathroom (in which case a top loader wouldn't work)? In the US the norm is to have a dedicated laundry room or put your washer/dryer in an unfinished part of the basement.

monsterzero posted:

Lesson learned, just buy new control arms next time.

Seconding this, I was going to do my ball joints in late March but for about double the cost of replacement ball joints I was able to buy a lower suspension rebuild kit from an Amazon vendor that included the entire control arm with ball joints and bushings plus swaybar endlinks and inner/outer tie rod ends. Cleaned up a nasty front-end shimmy I had for the past ~10k miles, I'm sure my swaybar links were nearing the end of their useful life and now I have spare tie rod ends when the time comes to replace them.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 25, 2017

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I think Optima batteries are dogshit now.

Hasn't this been the consensus since Optima/Johnson Controls shut down the US factory in 2009?

• Locked thread