Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

Speaking of technological improvements to the human body, I am getting sick and loving tired of wearing glasses. They get dirty, fog up, don't stay put when you're sweating, get scratched easily and cost a fortune, double if you want a pair of prescription sunglasses as well. I want to be able to just buy cheap-rear end sunglasses if I need them, instead of having to lug around two pairs of expensive glasses, or dealing with heavy clip-ons.

What are you guys' experiences with contact lenses? Good, bad, "gently caress I ACCIDENTALLY TORE OUT MY CORNEA gently caress gently caress gently caress"?

My prescription is -0.5 in one eye, -0.75 in the other, very minor astigmatism (<0.25). I generally take off my glasses when I'm indoors, especially if I'm using a computer, because I find it less comfortable in regards to eyestrain to keep wearing the glasses. Dunno if this could be an issue.

Did contacts for 2 years - super light sensitivity and headaches ate the cats rear end. Just counting off the years until I get cataracts like both my folks and can get my lenses replaced. drat near same prescription as you. Won't get my corneas blasted because I need those intact to get the lenses changed out or so I've heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extreme_accordion
Apr 9, 2009

Tomarse posted:

Just got trapped on a hot crowded train next to the worlds smelliest man. I was close to retching after 30 mins of breathing through my mouth.

I'm now home, have had a shower and changed my clothes and I'm still having flashbacks.

Apparently he was on his way to go DJ psytrance somewhere in north wales for the weekend. I pity whoever has to share a train carriage with him on the way home!

Worked with a man in a grocery store that made a customer vomit when she came within 5 feet of him due to his BO.
We usually just breathed through our mouths and wiped away the tears as quick as we could. If he showered I'm certain he used onions cut in half for soap and deodorant.

• Locked thread