Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Are we allowed to ask if 14 INCH is still alive in here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The London housing situation is laughable with people looking to make money off those who need a place to stay. I recall watching some show about the ridiculous setups some places in London have whilst I was down there for a gig. One room for rent was hanging off the back of a house, it was a small room maybe 8' wide by 20' long. It was a glazed conservatory type thing on the 2nd floor, leaky cold and they wanted £700 per month for it. Add to that there was a loving TREE growing THROUGH the middle of the room from the back garden below, I wish I could find it again, it was incredible. They'd thought about amenities though so there was a 4-way socket hastily screwed into the thick branch of the tree.

There's also this ongoing Vice series: https://www.vice.com/en_uk/topic/london-rental-opportunity-of-the-week?topic_id=5845ef56ec1539029ee3acef

This is seriously the best series I've read in ages. Reminds me of my own abyss of dreary rentals, Toronto, but worse.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I bought both Metro Redux games for 6 bux each, buy that instead!

Also what are good pads and rotors for a daily driver? I'm going to try my hand at replacing my rear set on my own for the first time :angel:

• Locked thread