Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Holy gently caress laying down pavers is terrible, terrible work.

Especially when it turns out the soil is a mixture of roots, tile, other pavers, and seashells for whatever reason.
Totally hiring someone to do this if I ever want to do this again.

On the bright side, the front area now looks 100% better than the moldy stepping stones covered in mud that used to be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Enourmo posted:

I've tried that a few times including leaving it off all night, no change. And it's not constant, it buzzes (more like a rattle) for a second or so, then is quiet for a while, then repeats. Definitely gives the impression of something trying and failing to start.

I'll definitely have the guys look at it, but the switches feel good, panel is date coded 1998, and they're not stab loks; I'm inclined to think it's the a/c itself.

E: for what it's worth, the condenser fan outside is running just fine. I dunno if the breaker marked "a/c" is for that or for the compressor, but take that as you will.

The compressor and fan are on the same circuit. That breaker just runs power out to the condenser.
It sounds like you've just got a bad cap. Either that or the compressor is toast.

But based on what you're saying, with the breaker buzzing intermittently, it's mostly likely trying to start, not getting enough power, and then shutting off.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So last night on the way back from Tampa, my work van's engine started making a noise. Pulled off the road, and once I started slowing down the oil pressure went down to zero. Shut it off, called my boss, got a tow to the dealership, got a temp van.

Got a call from my boss earlier today. Turns there was no oil in the engine and it was leaking coolant. :staredog: Needless to say, he wasn't too happy with the company that's been doing our oil changes :v:

The good news is that I got to drive one of the new Ford Transit vans today, and man, they are SO much better than the Chevy vans. So much more room, much faster and the acceleration is so much better. And I can actually stand up in the back. No more crouch walking trying to find parts. I really don't want to go back the the Chevy now.

Oh and for anyone saying Florida thunderstoms can't be that bad, yes, yes they can.
This is from a few hours earlier in Tampa:

Like, it will literally go from being cloudy, but calm, to full scale hurricane in minutes.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

angryrobots posted:

Man if that happened to my work truck they'd be up my rear end, but we're expected to check the oil and coolant daily.

I mean...I don't... but I know if it was low on any fluid I'd get the blame, post haste.

Yeah, I mean, he wasn't happy, but like I told them, it was running fine that morning. It only started acting up at the end of the day.
Thought apparently the dealership said it wasn't leaking oil? So I suspect something else is up. They said it didn't do any irreparable damage though at least.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Same here, just not into it. I usually end up watching documentaries and anime on Netflix.

And before you judge me for watching anime, living in Japan ruined me that way ok

No excuses for Anime-watching. :colbert:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

angryrobots posted:

I am tom bombadil irl

Neither a merry dong, nor dillo. I'm not buying it. :colbert:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

cakesmith handyman posted:

Skipped the last 2 pages to post:I am in the queue at Santa pod to drag race my panda.

I read this wrong at first and thought you said you were going Pod Racing.

You guys wanna go pod racin'?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Nothing like volunteering to help out on your day off to find out that Ia walkin freezer is down with a burnt-out compressor, and that compressor isn't available today.

Honey, I don't care cuz I don't want to Lug you a compressor up on the roof today, but it sucks for them.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I'm starting to think my landlord isn't a very good one. I've been trying to call her since yesterday, and they haven't been answering the phone, and somehow, in 2017, they don't have a way to leave them messages.

It's like, the AC guy was out here a week and a half ago to confirm what I told them, that the unit was garbage, and needs to be replaced. Never heard back after that.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

You know what's really great after being forced to get up a 3AM for a false alarm? Having to work til 3 PM non-stop, then getting home and finding your house at 90*

Yeah, turns out the disconnect box failed, started throwing off sparks and shorted the transformer. Replaced the transformer and box and called the landlord. Gonna have an electrician out here soon to hopefully replace the breaker, because holy poo poo why didn't it trip. :stonk:

Oh, and then finding the R22 system running at 350 Head pressure. Good think I was planning on building a misting system since half the coil is rotted away anyways. And yes, I'm trying to get the landlord to replace the system, because that compressor is toast. Just a matter of time now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Johnson Controls makes those batteries? They also make Air Conditioners that no one likes! :v:

• Locked thread