Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Rear ended someone on the way home last night in my e46 wagon. I was pissed after three days of straight bullshit at work and stewing over having to head home just so I could spend my evening remoted in fixing someone else's mistakes. Poor description of what happened: SUV in front of me was cut off by a small sedan, which immediately led to the sedan locking her brakes to not hit the stopped SEMI in front of her. SUV locks his brakes. I'm over in la-la land wondering why I put up with the clusterfuck of a job I have and catch the brake lights just as tires start to screech. Que panic braking. The damage to the wagon: A perfect square hitch imprint in my license plate. No damage was done to any of the three cars involved. Shook hands and exchanged apologizes with the SUV driver , mildly cursed at the sedan driver, and went home. Upside: It 100% reset my mood. I'm finding my boss this morning and telling him to either fix the reporting/escalation problems or I'm out.

Did I mention I did my brakes Monday night?

I'm stopping on the way home, buying a nice loving steak and having dinner with my family tonight. Best way to end the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Oh man. I was offered a car this weekend that I kinda want to pick up for my son. But I just learned theres NO paperwork for it and it's an out of state title (Cali). I'm not sure it's worth the work to get the title. I could possibly file for a storage or mechanics lean, but Oregon will no longer tell you who the last registered owner was. Does anyone know if Cali will?

It's a 1971 Toyota Celica ST Slantback, Cali Car, been sitting 20 years in a garage. Still has minor rust, two previous paint jobs, but it's all there.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

rdb posted:

That may be old enough where it doesn't have a title. In NY growing up vehicles up to 1973? Or something like that only had a registration. I can't find information on California law.

I'm going to call tomorrow. It gets more complicated, as the car was apparently found abandoned on a property the owner purchased in Cali nearly 30 years ago. They brought it to Oregon when they moved here 20 years ago and it sat in the garage since. He just passed away... so I'm going for impossible to title. My friend was hired to work on the car and was left/gifted the car by the estate. He has a bill of sale from the widow/estate. This should be fun...

the spyder fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 12, 2017

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Anyone need a used laptop before I list them in Goon Mart? I've got a Lenovo W520 and X220 I don't use anymore.

Car related: Tracked down one of the Celica's owners... from 1994. Owns a DJ business in Cali. Going to give him a call today and see what he knows about the car.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

mariooncrack posted:

Depending on the specs and price, I might be interested in the x220.

I'll grab the specs tonight. Sadly I don't think it has the IPS screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

financially racist posted:

my previous car was an fb, and after owning a rotary there is not a snowball's chance in hell i'd swap a non-rotary into one. the engine makes those cars as far as i'm concerned.

if i pick it up and it's too hosed i'll prolly find someone who has more time to deal with it, since i'm a full time college student who already made the pretty bad decision to daily an sw20 for my 100 mile roundtrip to and from class 5 days a week.

You rang.

• Locked thread