Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I'm watching my calories, so I'm drinking pure gin instead of fancy beers. I'm saving like 150 calories a drink :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I should buy a kite and a bunch of Styrofoam planes...
I do have a 2 and a half year old niece to entertain like once a week after all

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Sleeping with someone immediately next to you also exposes you to 2.5% of the yearly "safe" allotment of radiation, so there's that to consider

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Anyone have any experience with car dollies? Those tiny casters look like a giant pain in the rear end to move on uneven concrete

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Staying in bed all day, and then excessive alcohol and risk taking behaviors at night

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Besides May getting dunked on in her attempt to consolidate power pre-Brexit, my favorite part of this election has been Lord Buckethead, who has an amazing platform
He got almost 160 votes and got to stand up with the Prime Minister on international news as her equal, which he did with a gigantic bucket on his head, plastic armor, and a shiny cape. A true hero for our troubled times

I've started watching a "realtime" weekly WWI show called The Great War on YouTube. It's no Ken Burns Civil War or World at War, but it reminds me of watching the History Channel all day with my Grandpa, and I love it

E: I gotta remember to refresh before posting

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I dunno, does that Buckethead advocate for laser based arms deals, local shopping mall revivals, or free bicycles to combat obesity/rampant bicycle theft?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

E: well, I posted in the wrong thread

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 10, 2017

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Nothing in the near future, but my buddy is selling some E30ix basketweaves and it got me thinking. Especially since I could get 14" on the front and 15" on the rear for extra race inspired cosmetics

E: I misunderstood your question. I've been looking for classic cromodoras, especially Trons, but they're all $600 and up for a set once shipping gets added on

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jun 10, 2017

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Why does it have to be illegal for me to have wheels that extend literal inches beyond the actual body of my car? Once I'm not phone posting, I'm going to find a geometry calculator, because this is getting hard to visualize, and being able to doublecheck my assumptions would be nice before I spend $150 on half a set of E30 wheels

And yeah, stock is 24/25mm offset for the Croms, depending on your specific wheel

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Hopefully the sod takes, that stuff is a bitch to install. Looks pretty good so far though

In non-wheel chat, either I've suffered a recent traumatic brain injury, or my clutch is on its last leg. The already mushy bite point has just become a gradient of unpredictable responses and metallic squeaking

Also, this one very handsy guy comes into my work every couple of weeks and always requests me as his server. Last night, he very firmly grabbed me and sat me down with him for a picture with his arm around me, without asking or explaining until I was in the booth with him. I'd like to tell him to stop because it makes me super uncomfortable, but I got $60 extra in tips from his table for putting up with ~5 minutes of being hit on and occasionally touched nonsexually, so I guess that works out in my favor :sweatdrop:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Just ask, in TYOOL 2017, how Nintendo intends voicechat and party matchmaking to work with their fancy new console and robust *PAID* premium online service. It's so profoundly stupid that it sounds like their online service, that hasn't been launched yet, was legitimately designed to work on the Gamecube and Wii. No joke, Xbox Live on the OG Xbox was better designed

I have so much more to shout about in regards to Nintendo being painfully out of touch, but suffice it to say, they're anticonsumer dickholes that I won't purchase another product from

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I walk 5 minutes to work

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

My Vizio was 3 years old when I replaced it, but it behaved like it was 10 years old, and it also had a weird fuzzy picture, kind of like an upres-ed CRT. My new-ish Samsung was so gorgeous that when I first got it, I sat around in MGSV for like an hour, just rubbing my face against the textures because they now looked so pretty

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I read most of TFOTR, and my main take away from that book was the word "fortnight"

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Chicken bones is the industry standard. A 98 SVT Cobra is $20 cheaper a month than an 05 civic for a 22yo single male with no tickets or accidents in Chicago

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

everdave posted:

I'm talking about fully rebuilt ones on eBay that go for $12-18k, 2016's with 5k mikes

?? The festiva was only around for a few years in the early 90's. It's a captive Mazda or Suzuki IIRC

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I'd still take festiva over PT. The Festiva serves the same purpose of a beater, but is lighter, faster, and has inherent value

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Their target demographic is people who earnestly post on highdeas.com

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I'm currently working my way through a few bottles of Caribbean Pepper Co. scotch bonnet

Once you get past the point of "my insides are on fire, oh God, am I dying?" extremely hot peppers are the best things. Except habeneros, which are just bitter and hot, there's no depth to their flavor

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Don't be like that, most hot sauces have like 5kcal per tsp. The secret is vinegar and lots of pepper

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

It's got more replay value than Doom, but I don't know if I'd say it's better

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Rainbow Six: Siege is the best FPS, but you often live and die by your team's skill as much as your own. And Ubisoft's servers aren't always the most reliable...

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

The drone racing league has been playing in the background at work for the past week or so, and it makes me wonder if that might be the future direction of professional motor sports. It's faster and more intense than humans can handle, and the designs can be significantly better because you don't need every control surface centered around a 160lb, 5'10" ballast. Plus, safety only needs to concern onlookers, not the ballast, so courses can be much more dangerous and exciting

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

rdb posted:

I dropped from 350 to 220. Width was still an issue but the seatbelt extender wasn't. Back up a bit after getting married, and your right, it helps, but it doesn't change head into the the bin or knees into the seat.

Even when I was 165lbs, I couldn't get comfortable on a 2.5hr flight in one of those sardine cans. Losing weight is always helpful for these situations, but those planes are not comfortable in any way. Hell, even walking down the aisle has to be done diagonally, and hunched over, because there's no room for as many adult humans as they want to cram in there

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

InitialDave posted:

Is there anything in employment law that either makes a schedule contractually locked in after being defaulted to for a given period, or requires notice for them to impose this stuff on you?

Well, assuming a small enough operation where the owner takes on responsibilities after losing a single manager, "the owner said so" is basically the only applicable law in this situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Or when they promote and enable terrible employees that they like personally, but wonder why they have trouble getting people to work with the supervisor(!) with more than a decade of experience who cannot do their own job

• Locked thread