Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I've been playing Time Crisis but didn't want to hold one eye shut for so long so I've put on an eye patch.
drat having one eye makes general stuff irritating. Not hard just annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Don't let terrorists stop you living or you'll miss sweet motorcycle flips

Old cars

This

And teddy bears flying kites!

Today was a good day at Countryfest. I've no images that show how stupidly huge some of the kites were but they were easily the size of busses

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Just put an order in for a bicycle through the works "bike to work" scheme.
I've been walking into work for a couple of weeks and it's been nice but it takes a fair while so I figured a bike would be a good compromise between that and going back to driving.
Was originally planning on getting an e-bike and being lazy but at the local bike shop mentioned you are buying the electronics so a £1200 bike gets you a £200 bike as opposed to spending £600 and getting a £600 bike.

Got a Giant Escape Disk on order with mudguards and a rear lugguage rack so I can also use it to lug beer/meat to potential BBQs

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

InitialDave posted:

How's their scheme interpretation?

Some are very sensible and write down the value of the bike in use, so after a year you pay them a nominal £1 or so to own it, and have made a big saving.

Some are totally useless and you spend as much or more as you would just buying one outright in the first place

Ours you pay the cost of the bike over 12 months but it comes out via salery sacrifice so you save 20% tax.
If you're in the higher earning catagory (I'm not) then you can save 40%

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

cakesmith handyman posted:

Do they clarify the final payment? When I got my bike they guaranteed the final payment would be the same as the monthly, this year they make no promises, just mentioning "reasonable value" so you could be stuck with a final payment up to 50% of the starting value.

Yeah when you declare how much you want to spend they give you a breakdown of what will be deducted, what actual impact you'll feel after tax and what you ultimately pay over the term.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

InitialDave posted:

Yes, the basics of the scheme are the same, but:

This is the problem with the schemes in a lot of places (including one my place tried to run). Even with the tax saving, you can get a better deal just through regular sales at somewhere like Halfords.

Re-reading the small print they don't specify anything about a final payment, just that the company takes out the loan and you pay it back over 12 months.
There is a calculator that tells you how much you will pay in total as you sign up so now I'm hoping that's how much it will be. Plenty of colleagues have used the scheme and have been fine with it
In the small print it does state nothing outside of the small print itself will form part of the contract so I'd imagine they can't have hidden sneaky extra fees elsewhere.

If not in 12 months there will be plenty of cursing going on

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Got my bike yesterday.
The short gentle ride from the shop back showed how unfit I am so I'm looking forward to a bit of excercise going to/from work

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Haha brutal

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

A little over 2 miles
15 mins by bike (hey I'm new to this whole pedal thing)
~30 mins walk
5 mins car

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

GoT is a great watch. It's got to most cinematic type feel that I've ever seen in a TV show and I love that no character has plot armour and can die at any time so a simple fight between a main character and a nobody can kill the mc and swing the story in a different direction.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Tomarse posted:

Holy poo poo! - Well done!

As I was having a brew and googling the price of a replacement key I thought of your advice and having already checked every item of clothing in my bedroom I decided to check all the coats and jackets hanging by my back door, and found them in the pocket of my warmest winter coat - which I haven't worn for months! (its been hot for the past week!)

You found where spog hid the keys, now to find spog!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Just encountered an unexpected hazard whilst cycling at night.
Thought there was another bike ahead as I saw a red flash of light but when the beam became solid I saw it was someone shining a laser pen in my eyes. 15 mins later and I can still see dots

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Just bought a nice old record box with 66 78rpm shellac records in from ebay with the idea of using it to keep my modern records in it.
Utterly failed to take into accound the 78rpm records are smaller than 33rpm ones.

Still I'm set music wise now for a fallout style post apocalypse

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Must be getting more confident on the bike
People have started giving me way less room when overtaking

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

There should be another Unreal Tournament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

There was a bit of excitement at work today as a helicopter landed.
Unfortunately it turned out to be an air ambulance because someone fell 30m off a crane.
No report on how the bloke is but he was taken away via road rather than air which was odd because we have our own onsite ambulance so why would the summon the helicopter?

• Locked thread