Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ground floor.

Solid title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sadi posted:

It was a 2 year old used bike. I don't know if it matters but the chain unloaded while shifting down two gears. When the chain hooked I was in the middle of a down stroke and the front tire had just hit a root. Seems like kind of worst case for chain tension to me.

It was a worn out chain and you probably need to adjust your derailleurs.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
43 miles, 45 minutes if it's a light traffic day.

What's nice is that 30 miles of my commute looks like this :

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.3612421,-117.5385017,3a,60y,163.45h,85.04t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1swVPC9otmB0fvjHtFhW0Tvg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

QuarkMartial posted:

Traffic or no, I couldn't do a one hour commute to work. That's at least two hours of my day spent driving, and, well, gently caress that.

Mine is about 20-25 minutes, which is that sweet spot of time where I can leave work and decompress and be ready to enjoy my home life by the time I get home.

I commuted from South Orange County to North Hollywood for about 2 years. 60 miles each way, morning took 90 minutes and afternoon was close to 3 hours.

After that, I commuted from Palm Springs, across a barren desert, to work. 90 miles each way, about 75 minutes.

So many hours wasted.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

slidebite posted:

Just watched up to episode 3 of GoT and so far, so good. Certainly good at making some of the characters more likeable than others.

Be sure to invest yourself emotionally in all of the main characters.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Finished building up my new bike, and took it for a ride. It's the shiiiiiiiit.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

nm posted:

You're a whore eyebeem.

Everyone deserves to bask in the grandeur.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I like how the wheels on that cost more than everything else on the bike put together.

Not even close to correct.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I bought the cobalts off of Craigslist after finding that the wheelset I had planned to use for a while had a bum front hub and front rim. I got a killer deal on them and they will make an awesome spare wheelset.

I have a custom whee build coming sometime in late July. Spank Oozy rims on hope pro 4 hubs. Blue rim on red hub, red rim on blue hub. White spokes.

The goal is to eliminate everything black and boring on the bike. Still needs a ritchey wet white stem and wet red seatpost.

As for the oval, it's what I run on all of my 1x bikes.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Darchangel posted:

You're... making up manufacturer names, right?

Zibba Zabba Wubb Dubb

You're not wrong that almost all of the brands on that bike have silly names:

Ritchey
Hope
CrankBrothers
Schwalbe
Specialized
Absolute Black
WolfTooth
RaceFace
STG
Lezyne
Spurcycle
Spank
Loaded Precision
VeloSport
Lizard Skins

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

monsterzero posted:

Sounds like in bikes you need to either have a super gimmicky name, or go the exact opposite and name your company Paul.

I had to be talked out of going with blue CNC paul brakes on this very bike.

https://paulcomp.com/

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

monsterzero posted:

Yeah, they're local to me. I see their Sprinter running around frequently.

If I ever come into a vintage Ritchey P-21, it's getting all Paul stuff, for sure.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sadi posted:

Found you some gloves eyebeem.
http://handupgloves.com/gloves/merica

Also I went for my 3rd mountain bike ride this weekend. Went over a ridge in the FATS faster than I should have and went over the bars. Nice and sore today. Pretty sure I dislocated my shoulder during the wreck. Also sliced the sidewall of one of my tires so I need to order a new tire now.

Heh, I didn't even post what I was wearing on that ride:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The ms intellimouse explorer will always be the best mouse.

• Locked thread