Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I'm going to feed is p/s fluid til it quiets down and not spend another dime on it. I seriously want to make the jump into a newer/better/faster car in April so I'm half tempted to sell both Mazdas and roll in this pile of poo poo til then.

i call this the liquids only diet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Anyone recommend a good low profile floor jack that leaves room to lift low cars? My 1.5 ton HF is too short/tall to use under my LS430, it fits under there but I can't move the handle enough to do squat. I'd probably be better off with a 2 or 3 ton anyway.

HF has a low profile steel jack that has really good reach

https://www.harborfreight.com/autom...pump-62310.html

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

The leak on the PT appears to be the pressure line. New part is $40 but gently caress that I'm gonna grab a used one at the JY. Should be like $5. Repair appears to be doable without dropping the engine as well. Gonna get this bitch rolling.

lol find a better way to save 35 bucks

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

DICK DICER posted:

So the civic is getting expired tabs tickets literally every other day. I cant renew them until my license is valid. I cant get that restored until I pay off all the tickets. The close outdoor storage places all require a car be running and fully tabbed and Insured to store for.a month plus, and the one that didn't require that starts at $300/mo just for an unsecured spot in their lot

loving let it go dude, it's going to take every last penny from you

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Darchangel posted:

Why does the state of your license have anything to do with the tags on the car? Is that a Washington thing? In TX, you can register, tag, and inspect a car without a license required, as far as I know. Maybe I'm wrong - I've never had an expired or revoked driver's license.

yeah its a Washington thing, you have to have a valid drivers license to register a car to stop illegals. if you're caught parking on the street with tabs that are 6 months or more expired they can impound your car!

one easy fix is to just loving stop hanging onto a piece of poo poo car that isn't helping your situation

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
:what:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
hey whats that website for picking out a good car shipper/transporter? east coast prices are just too good for a new VW GTI compared to what we get on the west coast.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
well im still being forced to take a job (unless i want to be fired) that's 26 miles each way, 45 m in the morning driving, 60-90m to drive home.

Or i can take the bus which requires driving to a park and ride, and transferring busses half way there, 60 min each way on the bus.

of course i'm not going to be compensated any extra for losing 5 hours a week of free time

gently caress this gay earth

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Raluek posted:

I think it's kinda lovely, tbh, to laugh at a guy who is concerned with the conditions of his day to day subsistence commute, and to do so by posting about an extreme nutter who does it as a hobby and a lifestyle.

You wouldn't mock an average joe who is fretting about being able to get to work because the beater car he can barely afford just blew its head gasket, laughing and pointing out that there are guys who build thousand horsepower V8 swaps into that same car, all in a weekend!

Or are you that kind of rear end in a top hat? :crossarms:

answered your own question

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Looks like it's baby o'clock y'all! Just got admitted to the hospital about 30 minutes ago. This little dude is about to make his entrance :woop:

Good luck!

How are you going to fit a third kid seat into the m3?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Oh god don't even think about putting yourself through more TWD.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Can you cut through the interior frame to get access to the backside?

yeah, with a small hole saw?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
aren't evo IX still considered to be better than the X?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
So I have a potential buyer for my e30 track car but he wants to put money down on it to hold it till he has money for it in a couple of weeks. I would never consider a payment plan but a contract with a non refundable deposit seems low risk to me

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Oh yeah, used all the way. I've been noting Evo X prices and 2008-10's have tumbled. I'm halfway hoping the '14's will also start to drop over the next year. $25K isn't impossible but I just need to be certain that I need that much car.

just go test drive everything that's remotely interesting in the 20-25k bracket

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

rdb posted:

Can you withhold rent in FL for poo poo like that? Some states consider hvac so vital that your landlord needs to have it fixed in 24 hours.

gotta notify them in writing for these kinds of things

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
valentina is the best mexican hot sauce

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cage posted:

Guess ya'll aren't fans of chicken wings then. :colbert:

you can make buffalo wings with any louisana style hot sauce

i'd take franks over tobasco but i like crystal extra hot for that style of sauces

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
better than doom 2016?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

a primate posted:

I bought both Metro Redux games for 6 bux each, buy that instead!

Also what are good pads and rotors for a daily driver? I'm going to try my hand at replacing my rear set on my own for the first time :angel:

i went with akebono ceramic for my e46 and i love how much less dust they put off than metallic pads

rotors don't really matter that much

overwatch is terrible, i couldn't even bother to play more than 2 hours when it was free

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 23, 2017

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

NitroSpazzz posted:

Dream home stuff that we don't really need. In reality should just get rid of that category and keep it as simple as possible. The less options and extras we put on there the less non-ideal houses we'll have to weed out.

edit: what the hell is it with people not correctly or even bothering to fill out the parking spaces section. Discovered I can view only homes with 3+, 4+ etc on redfin but I'd guess 1/4 of the houses are wrong

Game chat: reinstalling Kerbal since I only put in about 5 hours on a computer that barely ran it after buying it

it's like the 1/3rd of manual transmission cars on autotrader which are actually automatics :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
happy monday!

my new commute suuuucks!
my new group suuuuuuucks!

got to leave working on a nice fancy composite wing to work on the civic of the skies :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
yeah a lot of these new "hatchbacks' are really low on extra space, especially compared to sedans with fold down rear seats.

at least nobody can look inside your trunk as easily as they can in a hatchback

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Still amazed every time I see a model X in person at how ugly they are

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

opengl128 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkfmrhLUPlo

Wasn't she a poster here? E55 AMG with hand controls sounds awfully familiar.

was she the lady that couldnt stop talking about speeding all the time everywhere?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

blk posted:

I have a (pedal) bike I'm trying to sell on craigslist and it's just not getting any bites.

I'm thinking of hosting a garage sale where the bike is the only thing for sale at full retail. Creepy garage sale hoarders come out, they have to buy it because they are obsessed with buying things, chisel me down to 50% of my "price", boom, sold.

what kind of bike?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
i'm getting up at 430 now for work and it's killing me, i have no idea how to get to bed before 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
oh its not that i'm not tired enough to fall asleep at 8 or 9, just that i've got so little time at home with wife and kid it sucks to get into bed so 'early'

• Locked thread