Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

eyebeem posted:

Ground floor.

Solid title.

Honestly this new covfefe thing is about as funny and worn-out as a two-week-old dog turd, and I'm about as happy to see yet another tired reference as I would be to see the aforementioned dog turd sitting on my dinner plate tonight. CT's cool, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
I just CANNOT sell this motorcycle. I might actually have to resort to posting it on Craigslist, but I don't know if I can handle the level of asshattery I've experienced selling vehicles on CL at this point in my life.

What's y'all's tips on cutting out the joyriders, wanna-trade-ers, lowballers, and scam artists from CL?

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

rdb posted:

Use a burner phone number. There is an app called "burner" that makes this simple.

Keep the add short with only the most important details. Leave out the negative points. If someone's actually serious they will ask questions other than "what's ur bottom doller".

Take good pictures.

State no trades, but avoid absolutes in discussing price. With that said price it higher than what you want with the expectation that haggling will occur.

And last, just don't let it get to you. People are people. You want to sell it, right? Personally I just trade poo poo in.
That app is going to cut out like 20% of my headaches with Craigslist. I have sold two cars (both after finally resorting to Craigslist when Autotrader, forums-specific paid adds, etc. didn't work) and both times it was a multi-month procession of people who e-mailed me every day with "still available"? and offers of 50% of what I asked, people who wanted me to come out for 2 hours during my lunch hour so they could take it for a spin and then claimed it had damage from an accident that never occurred, and one guy who even claimed my M Coupe was a kit car. Just frustrating wastes of time all around.

Pham Nuwen posted:

What's the bike and where are you located?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515402&pagenumber=22#post472394757

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

...Joyriders: tell them you need cash in hand before they ride. They have 5 minutes. If they're not back by then, just leave with their money. If they try to call the cops, just say "I gave him the bike, and the title. He gave me this wad of cash. Boom, done deal."
That's... amusingly simple.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

NitroSpazzz posted:

I have several sets of the cheap harbor freight car dollies and a set of their furniture moving dollies (cheaper). They work decent but will get stuck on every little pebble. Getting them started is tough on heavier cars unless you point all the wheels the direction you want to go before starting. That said I have several sets for a reason, they're handy as hell. The lighter the car the better...race car is a piece of cake, E28 takes some muscle.

drat they're pretty serious about speeding over there

Serious about making money from speeding.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

The Locator posted:

And.... the power outage apparently took out the compressor unit... FML... going to be so loving hot tonight.

motel motel motel

120-ish degrees is no way to live your life.

• Locked thread