Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My fiance was offered a promotion but it's here in town and it kind of bummed me out because I was starting to really look forward to moving in the next year. If she takes this position we'd stay here in Indiana for the foreseeable future and she'd pursue a few other local opportunities that come with the new job. She hasn't accepted it yet because she wants to talk to the regional VP about the Carolinas first but yeah, might end up staying in Indiana. And if that happens I think I would rather buy a house than drop $25K on a toy car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

...but you'd still be in Indiana so a cool, fun car would be a good way to try and escape the fact you live in Indiana.

Yeah, but do I need an Evo right this minute? I'm thinking maybe put off that kind of purchase another year (wait for prices to drop some more) and get me a house with some land and a shop space. What if I dump more money into the MS6? It'll never handle like an Evo but people are putting down crazy power for pennies in them these days.

Adulting is very hard.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bajaha posted:

Tell you the truth, I would rock a forester convertible. Would look better than the murano vert at least.

If anyone is gonna build one it's probably you.

So get on that poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
JUST GOT OFFERED A FREE FORD AEROSTAR

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Ok, that's much better than the PT Loser.

"My mom has had this van in her driveway for like 5 years and wants it gone, do you want it?"

How many vehicles do you need to have a fleet? Because someone who commands a fleet is an Admiral right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

I don't think there's actually a requirement for a minimum number. I've occasionally referred to mine as a fleet for a while.

I thought it was like, 6 carriers or something.

I gotta get me a cool boat hat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
UPDATE

The Ford van is not in the driveway, it's in the grass on the side of the house. The tires are flat and the van is resting on the ground. I would wager it's 25% rust overall. Broken windshield and no rear seats. I do believe I will not be taking this free car home with me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Mazda 3. Just simply because the new Civic is soooo godamn ugly it's offensive to bystanders

This.

My buddy got a brand new Civic hatch and it is just horrifying to look at.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
GET THE loving FD

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The last few months have been fantastic. Probably the best that I can remember. I've spent a lot of time getting healthier but something is wrong.

I have a sharp pain in my upper back, to the right of my spine. Tonight I discovered a small bump on the skin and it's the epicenter of the pain. So I'm a tad worried. Good thing I have that handy Obamacare finally sorted out right?

Oh look, the only general practitioner that accepts this lovely insurance and is accepting new patients is 143 miles away. So I probably have spinal cancer and will no doubt die in a week.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

lol stop 14"ing. Probably just a cyst.

I've been having back pain for a few weeks now, I figured I was just loving up my squats and deadlifts so cut the weight and have taken it a bit easy. This sensation became noticeable very recently and today it feels like I've got something stabbing me in the back. I hope it's just a cyst but I've had those before and they never hurt like this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cursedshitbox posted:

my spouse had one on his back about the size of a quarter that was hurting like a mofo. I removed it for him around 3 years ago.

we didnt have healtcare.

I don't even know if this is a cyst yet. That's the problem. The bump is tiny.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My MS6 is a sedan.

Probably Japanese​ spider bite in my back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DJ Commie posted:

Securely in the hands of the Sheriff, actually. The story so far goes that this car was on fire already once a bit up the road. The CalFire hand crew doing clearing happened to be there and put his car out. He then continued to drive and it was fully involved in a 1/4 mile or so. This genius supposedly ditched it in the grass on the side of the road, and I'm sure the aforementioned Sheriff's department has some questions.

Saw the updates on FB as they happened, glad you are okay and suffered no losses.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DJ Commie posted:

I lost all of the poison oak on the property, and now I drive around the old Yamah Rhino like a moon buggy.

All the cars survived, that is all that matters.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Hey Rhyno your message box is full I'm trying to give you money for things :colbert:

I emptied it and PMed you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The thing in my back ruptured, I'm probably leaking spinal fluid, rip rhyno

• Locked thread