Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

Speaking of technological improvements to the human body, I am getting sick and loving tired of wearing glasses. They get dirty, fog up, don't stay put when you're sweating, get scratched easily and cost a fortune, double if you want a pair of prescription sunglasses as well. I want to be able to just buy cheap-rear end sunglasses if I need them, instead of having to lug around two pairs of expensive glasses, or dealing with heavy clip-ons.

What are you guys' experiences with contact lenses? Good, bad, "gently caress I ACCIDENTALLY TORE OUT MY CORNEA gently caress gently caress gently caress"?

My prescription is -0.5 in one eye, -0.75 in the other, very minor astigmatism (<0.25). I generally take off my glasses when I'm indoors, especially if I'm using a computer, because I find it less comfortable in regards to eyestrain to keep wearing the glasses. Dunno if this could be an issue.

Contact lenses are amazing. I lost my glasses in a club several years ago and switched to wearing contacts pretty much full time after that. One of the best decisions. It's especially nice because they correct your entire vision including peripheral which will probably be the first thing you notice particularly if you wear thin frames

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I'm so ready for a new mattress. We're on our third in 8 years and they have all been total shite. Seriously considering one of those $3k mattresses my parents have they both rave about. I'm a hot sleeper and if there was a refrigerated bed I would seriously consider one.

The emote you are looking for is :thunk:

Idk if you can get them in the US but I've got a
http://mammothcomfort.co.uk mattress and its the tits

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

well done

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

if anyone has been wondering, yes i have been lolling since i woke up this morning

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Cage posted:

Random, but the newer Doom game is a lot of fun. I'm still getting used to it though and whenever I come up to a new area with monsters my instinct is to hold my ground and shoot mans from afar, but I get wrecked and then advance and see that I missed out on a whole bunch of powerups and health. It really is so much more fun to run and jump around but its hard to get out of the military sim mindset.

Its also pretty and runs great. Whats with all the sparks though?

I just bought this cuz it was £9 on amazon but idk when ill get around to playing it cuz i cant quite pull myself away from bloodborne atm

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Funny, we've just started watching game of thrones too

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Saw romeo and juliet at the globe. It was not a traditional performance. It was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

have thought about losing weight op? start with what's in your power to change

• Locked thread