Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
how the gently caress hasn't ~*the op*~ been reprogrammed with a baseball bat yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

the spyder posted:

Rear ended someone on the way home last night in my e46 wagon. I was pissed after three days of straight bullshit at work and stewing over having to head home just so I could spend my evening remoted in fixing someone else's mistakes. Poor description of what happened: SUV in front of me was cut off by a small sedan, which immediately led to the sedan locking her brakes to not hit the stopped SEMI in front of her. SUV locks his brakes. I'm over in la-la land wondering why I put up with the clusterfuck of a job I have and catch the brake lights just as tires start to screech. Que panic braking. The damage to the wagon: A perfect square hitch imprint in my license plate. No damage was done to any of the three cars involved. Shook hands and exchanged apologizes with the SUV driver , mildly cursed at the sedan driver, and went home. Upside: It 100% reset my mood. I'm finding my boss this morning and telling him to either fix the reporting/escalation problems or I'm out.

Did I mention I did my brakes Monday night?

I'm stopping on the way home, buying a nice loving steak and having dinner with my family tonight. Best way to end the week.
Sorry about the accident, any damage done to your bumper or just the license plate? Pretty lucky if its just the plate! Enjoy your steak. :)

I was involved in two really dumb accidents last year. Once I was in the drive thru getting coffee, when I accidentally let the clutch out in first gear and bumped the car in front of me. Apologized, looked and there was no damage so we didn't exchange info. Second one was rush hour morning traffic, left lane and traffic slows to a halt after being 55 and even though I saw the brake lights of the car in front of me go on I didn't brake hard enough at first, and bumped the guy in front of me. Pulled over, didn't see any damage but we exchanged info and I never heard from him.

And then this year was the double whammy that totaled my mustang. Luckily I can say that one was 100% not my fault.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Agree!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Rhyno buy this for pt: https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/327...a0667e3be&tpp=1

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Enourmo posted:

haven't heard back from maintenance yet re a/c

Someone please airlift an iceberg into my bedroom I am dying
There are a couple DIY air conditioners out there that you could whip up temporarily, have you looked into any?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Enourmo posted:

Those mostly work by evaporative cooling, which requires dry air

Guess what I don't have in Orlando
A will to live?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I dont think I'd ever buy a car from you guys gat drat.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

Amazing.

And also in need of new clothes. Nearly nothing fits!
A good problem to have.

edit: If its in that direction.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Im in, but that sounds like a nightmare to set up. Getting a ride home sounds tough too, is the next goon supposed to drive you back and so on?

Maybe plot it by airports? That way you can just order a one way ticket and it shouldn't cost too much. 300-400 miles should be around $100 maybe?

Cage fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jun 8, 2017

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
28 page contract just to make an offer on property. Goddamn.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I've repaired two stainless steel lines so far with a saw and nylon hose+clamps. Works fine if you have room to get at it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Rhyno discovers beaters/winter vehicles.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Random, but the newer Doom game is a lot of fun. I'm still getting used to it though and whenever I come up to a new area with monsters my instinct is to hold my ground and shoot mans from afar, but I get wrecked and then advance and see that I missed out on a whole bunch of powerups and health. It really is so much more fun to run and jump around but its hard to get out of the military sim mindset.

Its also pretty and runs great. Whats with all the sparks though?

Cage fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 12, 2017

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ive never had any sort of slowdown in that game, the Vulkan support is awesome and I wish more games had it.

Cage fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 12, 2017

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Doom imo

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
stop

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

BraveUlysses posted:

valentinaTapatio is the best mexican hot sauce

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Its too hot for me anyway its just whats currently in my desk. I am a franks guy at heart since I am weak.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Guess ya'll aren't fans of chicken wings then. :colbert:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

BraveUlysses posted:

you can make buffalo wings with any louisana style hot sauce

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Dang I didn't even see that my hot sass game is weak.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Biodome posted:

I haven't thought about defragging a hard drive in 10 years.
Yeah, just like

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Had my first catastrophic oil change yesterday. I do the oil on my 04 mustang and 99 explorer all the time, the oil filter comes off by hand and gets tightened by hand, no problems. I helped my dad out with his 09 grand marquis which has the same engine as the mustang, so I thought hey easy! Oil filter was on there pretty tight from the last time the dealer did the oil, so I needed to use filter tool to get it off. Put the new one on and I tighten it by hand, I even get two hands on and to make sure its tight and its not going anywhere. Turn the engine on and whoops everything dumps out. Turns out hand tight was not ok on this car, so I got the tool on there and it did tighten a few more twists. After we filled it up the engine knocked for about 3 seconds until the oil started getting in there which had me super worried but everything seems ok now.

Luckily because our driveway is lovely and uneven it didn't spill outside of the tarp it just pooled in the middle so we used a sponge to soak it up and dump it out. That was fun.

Cage fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 26, 2017

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
:rip: my coworkers. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-S...TIAAOSwFJBZTGky

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Adiabatic posted:

Ohhh Motobecane. I thought there was seriously some hipster fixie bike company called Motorbacon.
Humor!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

InitialDave posted:

Did you definitely get the old seal off with the old filter, and did your new filter definitely have one when it went on?
Well I guess I'm doing another oil change! At least 5qt of motorcraft is only $19.

I know the new one had one, but it was garbage day this morning so I can't check the old one.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
There better be a in-universe explanation for 1) why are all your getaway cars bright red and 2) why is a dodge challenger one of them?

I was going to see it anyway solely because of the J-turn to doriftu U-turn, and the scene with Jon Bernthal pointing forward...which might be the same exact scene.

Cage fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jun 27, 2017

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Beverly Cleavage posted:

I mean, baby driver looks like fun... but the previews just feel like a rehashed "Drive" to me so I'm less excited about it.
But there was no driving in drive.

Also Baby seems fun and energetic while Drive is dark and miserable.

Cage fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 27, 2017

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Nope. Just because they were the first person to "pee" on you does not mean you are married to them.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Hearing the gravely voice of GOB in my mind warms the darkest corners of my cold dead heart. <3
Have a double dose of gravel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbYPgdCYtBQ

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Never a need to apologize here. What is it that you do for work that requires flying all the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Josh Lyman posted:

What did you do to lose the weight? My holiday weight gain has stuck around this year.
Cant speak for him, but its a lot easier the bigger you are. Limit your intake and move around occasionally. It should never be more complicated than that.

• Locked thread