Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Applebees Appetizer posted:

If you have comprehensive that will be covered.

Unfortunately I think the "took full coverage off" means he dropped from comprehensive to collision.

Everdave: was that serious wind or rain or some combination of the two or what? We had a massive storm last August that did similar damage here--power was out to our house for two days and I know a lot of people had crushed cars and damaged roofs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
I hate dragging extension cords behind me so I picked up a cheapy cordless Black & Decker trimmer last year and it's been working well so far. I don't expect it to last even five years, but it was also under $100. I wish they made one under the Porter Cable brand so I could share batteries with my drills/impact driver/saws/etc., though.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

rdb posted:

Electric is fine for stuff up to 7-10" with a sharp chain. Just a word of warning, however, chaps designed for gas saws won't protect you from electric since those don't have a clutch.

Also, people here must have a lot of patience and some small yards if you can stand an electric trimmer.

I always thought chainsaw chaps worked by tangling up the chain with kevlar strands until the saw stopped. What's so different about an electric motor that they don't work?

Also: yeah, my yard is tiny. It takes me about 15 minutes to trim along the fence line and around the perimeter of the house/deck.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
I've got a 4.5 mile commute. Takes about 15 minutes depending on the lights. Probably around 30 by bike but I haven't HTFU'd enough yet to tackle it since my habit is to wake up as late as possible and, dammit, that's 15 more minutes of sleep!

• Locked thread