Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

OH MY GOD I OWN A PT CRUISER
Chop it into a convertible.

No, no, wait: chop it into a truck.

edit: just squint at THIS bad boy:

scuz fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Ether Frenzy posted:

Why would you not want to smell heavily like two-stroke and sawdust after a day chainsawing, though?
My "Oil & Gas" scented candles take care of that for me.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Oof. Girlfriend had a end-of-school-year party with her co-teachers and I showed up just to say hi and wound up partying all night with them. I stopped drinking around 11:30 last night and I might still be drunk. Teachers loving party, man :barf:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Grats, Rhyno!

QuarkMartial posted:

Given what we deal with, can you blame us?

Congrats, Rhyno!
Especially these teachers. They're under a principal who's a real, genuine shitheel who would rather show up one day a week than give a half of the smallest rat's rear end about the kids. Because he doesn't show up, he's had to hire an assistant principal (something the school's never had before) and had to fire two of the behavior teachers. Now when the kids misbehave in class, they're just sent to the office where they can sit and color in coloring books for a whole class instead of going to a class room with behavior teachers. All the kids have picked up on this so now they're basically all uncontrollable and their principal doesn't loving care. Makes me wanna be a principal because any principal who shows up is gonna be better than that sack of poo poo.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

QuarkMartial posted:

Dealing with shitheads like that is exactly why I'm getting my degree and license to be a principal. Some of them lack basic skills to manage a school and it makes life miserable for everyone, staff, teachers, and students.
It's truly awful. 6 full-time teachers left last year due to him and the district just doesn't get it.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
For anyone who's wondering: 13 tacos is a good number vis a vis number of tacos to eat in a single sitting.

Your new av rules

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

rhyno posted:

Need a small, fast car
Have you checked out any VW R32s?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

I need someone to convince me to not buy an Evo or that there's better options so I decided to search for some of the cars I love that I passed on and man, 83-85 Celica GT-S notchbacks have evaporated.
Have you ruled out a VW R32?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

I haven't even looked at them to be honest. I think the only thing that will hold me back is the question, "do I need to spend $25K+ on a car?"
Well since you're looking at Evos I presume you're OK with used cars and I don't see any 2008 R32s for any higher than $20k in my area, and most are in the $10k-$15k range.

Edit: If you're looking for a 2002-2005 R32, THOSE prices are considerably higher and don't usually dip below $18k, at least around here.

edit again: Here's a Jalopnik "Golftrospective" (their word) on the R32 line.

scuz fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 19, 2017

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Oh yeah, used all the way. I've been noting Evo X prices and 2008-10's have tumbled. I'm halfway hoping the '14's will also start to drop over the next year. $25K isn't impossible but I just need to be certain that I need that much car.
Sweet deal. Here's a Jalopnik "Golftrospective" (their word) on the R32 line and it's not helping my horrible idea of swapping an all-wheel drive train into my pokey blue MK4. The best part about getting an R32 is that it's a hatchback, thus practical and can be used every day to do everything. Hatchbacks rule, especially ones with AWD and one of the best-sounding engines ever.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

As appealing as it sounds, the VW styling just isn't my bag.
Diff'rent strokes! Best of luck on your car search. I'd recommend an Audi A3 wagon but the styling is basically the same as the VW.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Frank's is the lowest on the list. Anything's better than Frank's.

BraveUlysses posted:

valentina is the best mexican hot sauce
If you can find the black label stuff, it's even better.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Tabasco rules and an equal-parts Cholula and Valentina mix makes the best buffalo wings. Frank's is useless garbage. Ask any NOLA resident and they'll tell you "you can always trust someone with your food when they've got Crystal hot sauce in the house."

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Cage posted:

Dang I didn't even see that my hot sass game is weak.
Admission is the first step to recovery or something like that. We can help you :kingsley:

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Tapatio is the 100% best and those that disagree can suck my dick from the back.
Every hot sauce is the best hot sauce. Except Frank's.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Serranos are where it's at for cooking peppers, especially in chili.

Well, gently caress, now I gotta bust out this bad boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Any parts left from the Jetta?
:same:

• Locked thread