Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Rhyno posted:

I'm gonna buy a BG and slap an EVO X wing on it JUST YOU loving WATCH ME.

Just import a Familia GT-X sedan? They made them, though as I recall they weren't really as good as the ultimate Mazda, the BG 323 GT-R.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Kazinsal posted:

The recurring stall-after-warm-start problem on my Accord is back.

gently caress it, I'm going to go buy myself a brand new car. I've had enough bad luck with used cars on Craigslist.

Before you go full spectrum, why not consider replacing/resoldering the main relay. Its probably that or a fuel system problem.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

I bought a super rare set of late 80s HKS temperature gauges for my GTX (to go with the boost and EGT i already have) and am going to need to figure out oil/water temperature senders. Anyone know of charts I can find a match for, or even a supplier for the actual sensors? I don't mind actually using an attiny or arduino to translate from gm or denso sensors, maybe then I could code in startup sweeps for gauges that never had them...

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Is that also the video with the modernism/post-modernism chat? That was not what i expected when starting that video, but what a perfect must to make that point with.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

It just reduces the available writes, I wouldn't worry about it. I've had the same SSD in a machine for at least 4 years now and it still is at 100% writes available. Its probably had 6 OS reinstalls and runs a handful of VMs that aren't ever stopped. It wasn't even a nice one, since the machine doesn't have SATAIII anyway (HP Microserver N36L).

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

I don't know if I ever mentioned it, but I did pick up 323 GTX #4 (or 5?) and have slowly been amassing awesome period performance parts from eBay and Croooober.

Parts so far:
New in box HKS PFC F-CON (piggyback fuel computer)
vintage pre-SSQV HKS bypass valve
original HKS EVC (boost controller)
Boost/EGT gauges in 52mm
Boost/EGT/water gauges in 46mm

I'm still looking for an amber face oil temperature gauge (46 or 52mm whatever), Graphical Control Computer, and maybe the scramble controller if someone knows anyone looking to sell that stuff, even if its random parts.

If anyone wants a white face HKS boost gauge, I have both the 20psi export version, and the 'compound meter' 1 bar Japanese market one. I don't need the 46mm boost/EGT either. The boost is mechanical and the EGT uses a standard K type thermocouple.

ps HKS roolz GReddy and Blitz suck

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

A guy dumped a burning Mk4 Jetta outside my house. It burned 1600+ acres and Jonny Galecki's house across the street. It made it 3/4 of a circle around my house, and the only way mine is still here is CalFire received a grant for fire prevention clearing and knocked down 30 acres of brush. Otherwise I'd be phone postin' from Motel 6 for a while.

Pictures incoming.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Any parts left from the Jetta?

Securely in the hands of the Sheriff, actually. The story so far goes that this car was on fire already once a bit up the road. The CalFire hand crew doing clearing happened to be there and put his car out. He then continued to drive and it was fully involved in a 1/4 mile or so. This genius supposedly ditched it in the grass on the side of the road, and I'm sure the aforementioned Sheriff's department has some questions.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Saw the updates on FB as they happened, glad you are okay and suffered no losses.

I lost all of the poison oak on the property, and now I drive around the old Yamah Rhino like a moon buggy.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Rhyno posted:

All the cars survived, that is all that matters.

drat right, though the firemen left the ignitions on and ruined the batteries. It'd be harder to buy a battery for a melted hulk that was formerly a car.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Do you have a battery conditioner? I have a couple of CTEKs, and they've rescued some fairly terminal stuff.

I ran one through a Noco Genius in conditioning mode, and it seems to have come back. I'm less optimistic about the Yellowtop, its life has been rough even before this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

It was my night off without the kiddos last night and I had big plans. What really happened is that I got home at 5:45pm and slept until 6am. I don't think I've slept that much in years, I guess its been that kind of week.

• Locked thread