Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Friday with family in town for the weekend visiting our new little girl. Of course work goes apeshit. Nothing that needs immediate attention, but more projects that will eat all my time next week and beyond. TGIF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

CornHolio posted:

So, my dad has decided he wants to get a "sports car." And by that it sounds like he means a comfortable convertible to drive up to the lake. Budget is $15k. Not sure about the transmission - if he's going to be driving it only, he wants a manual, but if my mom is going to drive it at all it has to be an automatic. So that's an open question.

Is the answer here 'Miata?' What else could he look at? Z4s? SLKs?

s2000 also fits the bill.

vvvv Operating under the assumption manual only was the way to go. vvvv

Beverly Cleavage fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 12, 2017

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Didn't we used to have a car photography thread? Being the warmer seasons in the northern hemisphere, should we make one? Had a nice car show up here in VT and I think snagged a few decent shots - a la Syf0n method.... If a new thread isn't worth it, I can try to post in here tomorrow/Monday if there is interest...

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Taking the kids to Cars 3 tonight. There is a lot of hate for Cars 2 because it was mostly Mater's side show which is irritating at best but the car jokes and poking fun at Leyland motors is great. All in all I enjoyed it but there was not quite the magic of the first. The Cars toys have all been fantastic though.

Cars was amazing for our first (somewhere in the 3/early 4 yo. stage) when we showed it to him (and he sat through like 30 mins at a stretch). Cars 2 was beyond unsuitable for him (from our perspective), even though he loved maters tall tales. The tonal shift between the two movies was amazing. I still need to watch 2 again...but I recall not liking it nearly as much, even with the goofy humor.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

aaaaand I just found out there may be a harbor freight coming into my neighborhood potentially in the next year or so. I'm afraid for my wallet.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

The Door Frame posted:

Rainbow Six: Siege is the best FPS, but you often live and die by your team's skill as much as your own. And Ubisoft's servers aren't always the most reliable...

I too enjoy this game. I'm hot garbage though because I don't play consistently.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I mean, baby driver looks like fun... but the previews just feel like a rehashed "Drive" to me so I'm less excited about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

Seminal Flu posted:

What does it taste like?

PT cruisers and sadness. (Salty)

• Locked thread