Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Contacts rule. I can't wear mine lately due to allergies, and I miss them. My eyes are similar to yours, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Adjuster just called. Time to go car shopping. Wife totaled her Kia Soul yesterday, but thank God for full coverage plus gap coverage. Now all I need to worry about is if we have good enough credit to finance a new(to us) vehicle.

I think she wants to go up a size to the Kia Sorento...

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

scuz posted:

Oof. Girlfriend had a end-of-school-year party with her co-teachers and I showed up just to say hi and wound up partying all night with them. I stopped drinking around 11:30 last night and I might still be drunk. Teachers loving party, man :barf:

Given what we deal with, can you blame us?

Congrats, Rhyno!

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Dealing with shitheads like that is exactly why I'm getting my degree and license to be a principal. Some of them lack basic skills to manage a school and it makes life miserable for everyone, staff, teachers, and students.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Seminal Flu posted:

Dale Jr. money shifted his Cup car yesterday. :laugh:

Please tell me there's video online and a swearing fit.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Traffic or no, I couldn't do a one hour commute to work. That's at least two hours of my day spent driving, and, well, gently caress that.

Mine is about 20-25 minutes, which is that sweet spot of time where I can leave work and decompress and be ready to enjoy my home life by the time I get home.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

CommieGIR posted:

I can't watch GOT, or The Walking Dead for that matter. It just got too brutal for me.

Real life is bad enough for me.

monsterzero posted:

Seriously. TV makes me anxious as hell. I started watching Breaking Bad and it was great but it stressed me out too much. So I just watch Simpsons reruns and try to forget about what's outside my door.

Me too. Years of working in stressful environments means that I now don't enjoy watching TV with lots of arguing or fighting. Even a couple of episodes of Black Mirror messed me up for a day or two. Probably an indicator of some undiagnosed anxiety issue.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

slidebite posted:

I'm pretty much the same way here, except my hardest time is easily with animals and little kids. I can easily read/watch fiction or even a news story about some hosed up depraved human piece of poo poo monster doing god only knows what to fellow human beings, but I have a hard time clicking links that I know are about graphic animal abuse or some crackhead parent throwing their baby in the trash.

Exactly. And honestly, I don't see harm to kids being in a work of fiction for any other reason than shock value.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

We have ways of making you talk.

This, then Valentina or Tapatio, they're the same in my book. It just depends on my mood. Best all around is Louisiana or Crystal. Tabasco sucks. Sambal is king.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Pham Nuwen posted:

It's been over 100 every day this week here in Albuquerque. On Monday, it got so hot in Phoenix that they grounded air traffic, which I didn't even know was possible.

Me either. Turns out, the heat causes the air to expand and make it not dense enough for the planes to take off in the given runway length.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
My wife and I are waiting on the paperwork to go through so we can buy a car from a vending machine. Truly, this is the future.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

everdave posted:

Are you getting it from the one in Nashville? Are you going to go and pick it up out of "the machine"?

Yep! Getting it out of the machine next week.

It's stressful as poo poo, too. Carvana does not do a couple of things that make the process smoother: 1) they do not offer gap coverage in the state of Tennessee (went through my own agent anyway), and 2) they do not do the whole "two buyer" thing. It's the second one that caused me a mini heart attack just now when I called to finalize everything. Rather than considering the combined income of my wife and I, they would only consider mine... which is effectively half of what I initially told them our income was. They updated everything on the phone during the world's longest 8 minutes, and thankfully nothing changed. Same interest rate, same length of time for the loan, and same monthly payment, thankfully.

Now it's the waiting game while they verify income and finalize the paperwork.

It's a little odd to buy a car online, but it's not a bad process. When you go to pick it up, they allow a 10-15 minute test drive, and if you still like the vehicle after that, you sign off on everything and your 7 day trial period starts - you have 7 days to return the car if you don't like it, something's not up to par, and so on. While CarMax (where we bought our last car) offers a 30 day trial period, we figured the 7 days was good enough. Really, we'll know after that test drive, but it's good to get a week of my wife driving back and forth to work in it to really put it through its paces.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

ilkhan posted:

What's this now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnHaPVP-opw

I'll try shaking it to see if I can get a free one when we go, just to make sure. :v:

Also, wrt to USPS delivering UPS packages (whatever stupid name they give it), it's loving terrible in our neck of the woods. Amazon does it all the time, and our stuff always comes days late because the post office holds onto it longer than they need to.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Got the call a little while ago. We are good to go on the car. I'll see about taking some pics / video of the machine.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Car update: giant vending machine is pretty drat cool. It's a gimmick, but a very cool one.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I'll be in one of the best spots for it. My school is right in one of the prime locations, but we aren't in session, so I'm planning to do a viewing party for my students anyway. I attended a PD at the local science center and they hooked me up with enough eclipse viewing glasses for all my kids. I'm thrilled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Hey, my back popped during my deadlifts, so I cut my workout short. Feels a little stiff, but no pain. Not like previous back injuries, like when I adjusted the bedskirt and it popped and I couldn't move it hurt so bad...

Wife loves the vending machine car a bunch. I dig it, too. It's a 2014 Hyundai Tucson SE, so fancy with heated leather seats.

• Locked thread