Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump
Jan 19, 2006

I wear the leave them in overnight for a month at a time semi disposable contacts. Got them in my 20's, after trying daily disposables in my teens - I was terrible at putting them in and barely wore them.

I wore the overnights constantly for about 5 years - month at a time, with maybe a day off in-between. My eyes stared to get a bit redder and dryer, so I started wearing them for <3 weeks and wearing glasses more often.

My vision is poo poo (-7.5 and -8.0 contacts) and I found contacts didn't give me as good vision as glasses, particularly at driving at night when lights get sparkly, so I tend to wear them less in winter.

I've thought about lasik but I don't think I would take the risk, I've worn glasses and contacts for almost 30 years, they are a pain in the arse but I'm used to them, and seeing as I'm happily married it's not as if I'm worried about looking like mr milk bottle glasses when I'm out charming the ladies getting drunk and going home alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Tomarse posted:

worlds smelliest man....
.....psytrance

Figures.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Tomarse posted:

Annoyingly I saw the fucker and I was sure that I had slowed down as I was following someone else :(

I think they can get you from 1km away, so by the time you see them they may already have you. You have my condolences. I spent a few years on 9 points* but I've been lucky to stay clean since then, aside from one I managed to do a course for - thankfully it was just over the border as we don't do courses in Scotland.

Most of the time nowadays I stick to 10% over according to GPS - passed plenty of cameras and I've not got caught yet. If I'm going quicker than that I've made a conscious decision that I'm enjoying myself enough that I won't mind catching a ticket.

*in the UK that means if you get caught again you'll be looking at a ban unless you are lucky.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

slidebite posted:

I'd won't say 1KM is impossible, but in my albeit very, very limited experience it would be tough.

I'm assuming it was a camera van like this, so it would be more stable than a guy with a hairdryer but I mostly agree. From what I understand 1km is the maximum range they can be used, but seeing as they have to spot and target you first its less likely they would get you at that distance.

Tomarse, I think Dave is right that you will probably just get 3 points, so it likely isn't worth fighting, but if you wanted to PePiPoo might be worth a look - it has a better signal to noise ratio than pistonheads.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Haha what the gently caress Scotland. Tories get 13 seats. I knew the SNP were going to get their wings clipped, and that the Labour stance over independence was going to hurt them, but I'd hoped for something better than this.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

cakesmith handyman posted:

Well I don't know what the fucks going to happen but it's massively more entertaining than Theresa May thinking she's president of the United kingdom, which is where she seemed to be aiming recently.
It appears that after months of Corbyn being called a "Terrorist sympathiser" May is jumping into bed with the DUP. A party which up until 2008 was lead by Ian Paisley, a man who helped set up three different Irish loyalist paramilitary groups, the first of which took part in false flag operations which helped spark The Troubles as we know it. But it's fine because they are our terrorists. I'd laugh at the irony but it's all just too sad. The DUP are also generally bigoted religious climate change denying zealots.

stump fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jun 9, 2017

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Raluek posted:

So it goes XBOX, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One Ten?

Better than just sticking an "s" on the end to ape Apple, I guess

Xbox One Ten County Td5

stump
Jan 19, 2006

I've been working from home since February and I miss having a commute. 30 mins each way is perfect for me. Just enough time to wake up or decompress.

I work all around the place when I'm out of the office so I still get plenty of travelling... 7 hour round trip to site tomorrow!

cakesmith handyman posted:

I'm going to Santa pod this weekend, camping with dad and brothers and I'm going to take my panda down the track against my little brothers 1500 spitfire. He should win but if he doesn't I'll give him poo poo for it forever :v:

My money is on the panda :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Those Megane's are a ticking time bomb of electrical gremlins. We had an estate as a work hack - the passenger side window would wind itself down an inch at a time for no reason and the boot would open when you were driving.

We had to pull the window fuse and bungee the boot shut. So one summer day we were driving about with the air con on when we smelt clutch. Air con compressor seized. Engine out job to fix it. Off to we buy any car it went.

Good riddance. It handled horribly, the only good thing about it was the Diesel engine had decent shove and used bugger all fuel. We replaced it with a Chevrolet Lacetti Estate (Suzuki Forenza) which was better in everything but engine.

For £150 I kind of want it even though it's only got the little 1.4 pez

• Locked thread