Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Anyone recommend a good low profile floor jack that leaves room to lift low cars? My 1.5 ton HF is too short/tall to use under my LS430, it fits under there but I can't move the handle enough to do squat. I'd probably be better off with a 2 or 3 ton anyway.
Maybe get a couple chunks of 2x12 to drive up on? It'll only get you another inch and a half, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than another jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Rhyno posted:

I didn't buy it!

Also I don't enjoy driving it, let me be clear. It is boring and awful and gutless and terrible. I enjoying not having to give a poo poo about it.

Welcome to non-AI appliance ownership.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Wrar posted:

The Gorester is a finicky beast. And it rides really nicely.

The truth has been revealed!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Enourmo posted:

~~real poo poo~~ post incoming, heads up.

Dudes i am real loving worried about my sisters. Apparently what they took out when the one went under the knife last week was some real rare, real virulent form of cancer. Like, prognosis even from stage 1 (which she was at) is not great. It's also got a strong hereditary component despite its rarity. I'm probably not really at risk (~96% of cases are ovarian), but I found out this info from my other sister. If you weren't aware, they are identical twins. Identical genes. Her voice was shaky telling me this.

If either of my sisters, who have busted their rear end to start their careers, worked hard to stay healthy, and supported me in my times of need, get taken away from us while my fat useless rear end is left behind.... I honestly don't know how I'd react.

I've been alternating between depression naps and just zoning out at the computer for the last 12 hours since finding all this out. I'm actually holding back tears worrying about all this. I just... I dunno, kinda needed to vent.

If you gotta vent, we're here for ya, man. What you need to do is be there for your sisters. Now I'm an only child so I really don't have that sibling bond with anyone. You need to do whatever your sisters need you to do and just be there for them. Whether it's doing favors (within your ability) or just listening, just be there. Obviously, I can't speak for other dudes here, but there are some Florida goons that probably aren't too far away.

Hang in there. You've stuck with the tough schooling so you're a better man than I. Stay strong brother.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Got a dude on the hook for the Mustang wheels. I may actually get rid of these fuckers!

• Locked thread