Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

Terrifying Effigies posted:

In these trying times we need to avoid getting distracted by the latest Covfefe rumors and be mindful of the *real* issues...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Two Finger posted:

Somehow I never get tired of these crooked hillary tweets

jesus dude you won let it go

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/870077441401905152

He's right about Hillary . But he's even more pathetic than her, because he always needs to remind everybody else that his victory was huge, and that he would have won the popular vote if not for massive voter fraud.

Hillary being a sore loser is one thing, but the President of the United States being a sore winner is even more embarrassing.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/869921778461757441

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Al Franken made the rounds on what seems like just about every cable news channel today

Hell, he was even on Sam Bee.

Also Joe Biden is forming a new PAC.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
If Joe Biden suddenly changes his mind about running....again...

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Torrannor posted:

He's right about Hillary . But he's even more pathetic than her, because he always needs to remind everybody else that his victory was huge, and that he would have won the popular vote if not for massive voter fraud.

Hillary being a sore loser is one thing, but the President of the United States being a sore winner is even more embarrassing.

If I lost to Donald loving Trump I'd be a sore loser too.

Also Russia came out in support of the Paris Climate Agreement.... on the same day Trump is supposedly going to back out of it.

Master trolling.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Haha everyone loving hates him

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TBeats posted:

If I lost to Donald loving Trump I'd be a sore loser too.

Also Russia came out in support of the Paris Climate Agreement.... on the same day Trump is supposedly going to back out of it.

Master trolling.

The more Russia acts, the more apparent it is they helped Trump to alienate the US from their allies.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Knee jerk hot take: the next world war will be over climate change, the US will go down as the bad guys, and we will ironically use a nuke to defend ourselves and end the world.

I also think the Paris Climate announcement will be postponed. Call it a hunch.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jun 1, 2017

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Nigel Farage is 'person of interest' in FBI investigation into Trump and Russia

quote:

Exclusive: FBI interested in former Ukip leader’s ties with people connected to US president and WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange

Nigel Farage is a “person of interest” in the US counter-intelligence investigation that is looking into possible collusion between the Kremlin and Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, the Guardian has been told.

Sources with knowledge of the investigation said the former Ukip leader had raised the interest of FBI investigators because of his relationships with individuals connected to both the Trump campaign and Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks founder whom Farage visited in March.

WikiLeaks published troves of hacked emails last year that damaged Hillary Clinton’s campaign and is suspected of having cooperated with Russia through third parties, according to recent congressional testimony by the former CIA director John Brennan, who also said the adamant denials of collusion by Assange and Russia were disingenuous.

Farage has not been accused of wrongdoing and is not a suspect or a target of the US investigation. But being a person of interest means investigators believe he may have information about the acts that are under investigation and he may therefore be subject to their scrutiny.

Sources who spoke to the Guardian said it was Farage’s proximity to people at the heart of the investigation that was being examined as an element in their broader inquiry into how Russia may have worked with Trump campaign officials to influence the US election.

“One of the things the intelligence investigators have been looking at is points of contact and persons involved,” one source said. “If you triangulate Russia, WikiLeaks, Assange and Trump associates the person who comes up with the most hits is Nigel Farage.

“He’s right in the middle of these relationships. He turns up over and over again. There’s a lot of attention being paid to him.”

It's a transatlantic union of human turds.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
May is down in the polls lately as well because she's 'linked' with trump. Mr. Brexit here said it was good of May to call an election cause 'labour is in disarray' when polls are saying Jezza will gain seats and May will lose some. I don't think labour is going to win, but they might costs the Tories their majority

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Hot Karl Marx posted:

May is down in the polls lately as well because she's 'linked' with trump. Mr. Brexit here said it was good of May to call an election cause 'labour is in disarray' when polls are saying Jezza will gain seats and May will lose some. I don't think labour is going to win, but they might costs the Tories their majority

As an outsider, it looks like the Tories have been owning themselves time after time ever since Cameron decided that a Brexit vote would be a fantastic idea.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
They have made some really stupid manifesto pledges on things like social care funding that haven't gone down well and generally giving Labour too much room to maneuver, engaging them in debate would seem to be a better course of action so pissheads like Diane Abbott can make herself look stupid and John McDonald can make himself seem like an aggressive arsehole with a major Marxist slant.

I wouldn't pay the recent polls an awful lot of credence thought, there are wildly differing numbers usually down to 'weighting' of votes depending on how likely the responding demographic is to actually turn out and vote. The bookies still have the Conservatives winning a majority as the odds on favorites and our polls have been completely off the mark for the last couple of national votes.

Personally I think you'll see very little change after the election.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

TBeats posted:

Knee jerk hot take: the next world war will be over climate change, the US will go down as the bad guys, and we will ironically use a nuke to defend ourselves and end the world.

I also think the Paris Climate announcement will be postponed. Call it a hunch.

Someone mentioned it earlier but WWIII would be reverse WWII. With a German-led coalition storming the beaches of Norfolk, VA to save the world from Trumpism. It will be History's greatest Irony or redemption story.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Missionary Positron posted:

As an outsider, it looks like the Tories have been owning themselves time after time ever since Cameron decided that a Brexit vote would be a fantastic idea.

This would have been true if there was any sort of proper opposition to the government, which there isn't. Corbin keeps fighting the wrong fight instead of actually holding the Government to account and most of the electorate has swallowed the 'we might be poo poo but the alternative is Corbyn' narrative.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Why bother waging war against us. Russia's already written the playbook for sending our executive branch into disarray, just start reaching out to Trumps surrogates and increase the chaos level.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
In other news, McMaster has drunk the koolaid and is now resolutely in the ~true believer~ section of the administration:

quote:

America First Doesn’t Mean America Alone
We are asking a lot of our allies and partners. But in return the U.S. will once again be a true friend.

President Trump just returned from nine days in the Middle East and Europe that demonstrated his America First approach to ensuring security and prosperity for our nation. America will not lead from behind. This administration will restore confidence in American leadership as we serve the American people.

America First does not mean America alone. It is a commitment to protecting and advancing our vital interests while also fostering cooperation and strengthening relationships with our allies and partners. A determination to stand up for our people and our way of life deepens our friends’ respect for America. ( :lol: )

While meeting with European Union leaders in Brussels, the president reiterated his concern about our trade deficits with many European nations. He also emphasized the importance of reciprocity in trade and commerce. Simply put, America will treat others as they treat us. At the Group of Seven in Taormina, Sicily, where President Trump further solidified his relationships with leaders of the world’s largest market economies, the members came together in the official communiqué to stand firm “against all unfair trade practices” and to foster a truly level playing field.

Strong alliances and economically thriving partners are a third vital American interest. As the president stated in Brussels, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization is rooted in “the courage of our people, the strength of our resolve, and the commitments that bind us together as one.” While reconfirming America’s commitment to NATO and Article 5, the president challenged our allies to share equitably the responsibility for our mutual defense. We came away with new outcomes for the first time in decades: More allies are stepping up to meet their defense commitments. By asking for more buy-in, we have deepened our relationships. That is not surprising. Alliances based on mutual respect and shared responsibility are strong. And strong alliances bolster American power.
We are asking a lot of our allies and partners. But in return America will once again be a true friend to our partners and the worst foe to our enemies. The president’s visit showed the power of both competing to advance interests and engaging to develop relationships and foster cooperation. We have a vital interest in taking the lead internationally to advance American military, political and economic strength.
The president embarked on his first foreign trip with a clear-eyed outlook that the world is not a “global community” but an arena where nations, nongovernmental actors and businesses engage and compete for advantage. We bring to this forum unmatched military, political, economic, cultural and moral strength. Rather than deny this elemental nature of international affairs, we embrace it. (loving lol)
https://www.wsj.com/articles/america-first-doesnt-mean-america-alone-1496187426

Read the whole piece, it's hilarious.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Looks like Michelle has warmed up to DC. The Obamas are buying the house they're renting in Kalorama.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/31/us/obama-buys-house-washington-kalorama.html?_r=0&referer=

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

psydude posted:

Looks like Michelle has warmed up to DC. The Obamas are buying the house they're renting in Kalorama.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/31/us/obama-buys-house-washington-kalorama.html?_r=0&referer=

Actually FYI (1) trump isn't impeached yet so (2) Soros asked his (3) deep state agents to stick around.

Scavenger hunt:

I will donate $20 to a charity of your choice if someone finds a comment somewhere like that. It has to include two of the three things in that sentence as justification for them staying in DC.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Mods, please change name to "Jimmy the Jew" or "Spanish Carmine". TIA.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I'm T

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Handsome Ralph posted:

Mods, please change name to "Jimmy the Jew" or "Spanish Carmine". TIA.

I'm quite partial to "Joey Glasses".

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Cool as Biden and Bernie are, can the Dems just please nominate someone under the age of 50 instead? There really should be an upper age limit on these things (more ~70, but still).

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Cugel the Clever posted:

Cool as Biden and Bernie are, can the Dems just please nominate someone under the age of 50 instead? There really should be an upper age limit on these things (more ~70, but still).

There is no way in hell Biden can run for the next election, it's a shame because he's one of those very rare U.S. politicians that's as popular over here in Europe as the U.S. But that job would kill him, it's just not realistic unless he wanted to die in office.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Hexyflexy posted:

I'm quite partial to "Joey Glasses".

Honestly, been looking for a new username/av combo since ol' Handsome Ralph went to Montreal. That one and Jimmy the Jew stood out the most.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

TBeats posted:

Actually FYI (1) trump isn't impeached yet so (2) Soros asked his (3) deep state agents to stick around.

Scavenger hunt:

I will donate $20 to a charity of your choice if someone finds a comment somewhere like that. It has to include two of the three things in that sentence as justification for them staying in DC.

Can't find one that mentions deep state AND Soros :( (this is from a different Breitbart article on the Obama buying a house):

quote:

That was my first question too. Maybe a bonus from Soros.

quote:

George Soros says he earned it - was a good soldier.

quote:

Likely George Soros and his other friends have paid for Obamas homes for all of his hard work destroying America the last 8 years for the Soros agenda.

quote:

George Soros

quote:

SOROS$$$ BUYS O'BO'ZO'S NEW DACHA!! ONNA {PRESIDENT'S SALARY}??? #Y'AGODDABEKIDDIN!!!!

quote:

Where did they get the money? Did we send it to Obama via Iran? Or did Soros buy it for them? Should be public information

quote:

maybe some of Hillary's missing billions?

quote:

Hmmm, let's follow that money and see where it came from? Iran? Saudi Arabia ? Mexican drug cartels? Globalists like Soros? All of the above?

quote:

Clinton Global Initiative

quote:

Soros has no problem with writing the check

quote:

Being Soros's bird dog really pays off, doesn't it Okie Doke?

quote:

Sorosprompter or crackberrie(??)... .

quote:

Or Soros and crew are rewarding Obama for a job well done.

quote:

Yeah, where did he got all the money??? His total salary in 8 years is $ 3.2 million . Something is fishy!!! Of course, those under the table deals. And Soros- elites- who else ?? What do ypu think??? Hmmmm😎😎😎

quote:

Soros paid him well.

quote:

Smells like George Soros money

quote:

George Soros has been berry berry good to me...

quote:

Who is financiing Obama? Saudi? Qatar? Soros?

quote:

All of the above, and the Clinton Foundation.

quote:

Look into the stimulus dealings with "shovel ready" jobs. I dont recall there being that many? Oh wait the greenies got more money and yet still no viable green energy. Solendra anyone? We all know the crook Soros was heavily involved in that stimulus. So yes an audit is needed there is no way he is going to spend his own money leasing 3 homes. He would be broke. I just wonder 8200 sq ft! WOW how much ENERGY is that house going to use..could you imagine his carbon tax! Oh wait elected officials don't have to obide by the same laws as the little people that pay this scumbags salary.

quote:

Soros loves spreading the wealth. Why do you think Obama is staying in D.C. to spread his special brand of hate & violence at the Trump admin? Because Soros is paying him.

quote:

Soros hand-out

This is all from one article.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Death to online newspaper comment sections.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Cugel the Clever posted:

Their bench is bare as gently caress because they've spent the past eight years losing 1,000+ seats nationwide and clearing the field for She Who Will Not Be Named.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Cugel the Clever posted:

The monkey paw closes one finger as Zuckerberg clinches the democratic nomination in 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Their bench is bare as gently caress because they've spent the past eight years losing 1,000+ seats nationwide and clearing the field for She Who Will Not Be Named.

Anyone simultaneously young and exciting is either co-opted or tossed out of the party. Even Obama had to fight for it, and he was no spring chicken.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The monkey paw closes one finger as Zuckerberg clinches the democratic nomination in 2020

lol who are you kidding, Cory Booker is going to be the nominee

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

that's the good stuff and i probably gave you the lowest hanging fruit out there now that i think about it.

what charity would you like me to donate to?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

TBeats posted:

that's the good stuff and i probably gave you the lowest hanging fruit out there now that i think about it.

ISIS

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

i helped found ISIS with a 2012 donation that i made.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Comey testimony date set, Thursday, 1000.

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/870311126701158400

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

TBeats posted:

Doctors Without Borders is my go-to. Thanks!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Doctors Without Borders is my go-to. Thanks!

i already thought the us military already donated heavily to Doctors without borders

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

ElMaligno posted:

i already thought the us military already donated heavily to Doctors without borders

It's more of a naturally evolved symbiosis

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

lol who are you kidding, Cory Booker is going to be the nominee

Fuckkkkkk.

Seriously, I remember really liking the guy but between the pharma votes and his recent "Well Kushner isn't quite at the point where he should lose his clearance, PS- Him and his wife maxed out their contributions to my campaign(s?)" I could not be any more turned off by him as a candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

democrats are gonna put out a mediocre candidate and zuckerberg is gonna ross perot the vote

• Locked thread